Valued Contributor

Fingernails and jewelry shows

QVC, would you please do the viewers a favor.....  could you get models with nice fingernails to do the jewelry shows please?  It's not doing the jewelry justice to have a model who has inadequate fingernails,  there are plenty of other models who have nice nails there at QVC.  Thank you

Honored Contributor

Re: Fingernails and jewelry shows

I've never seen anyone with bad looking nails model jewelry on QVC. 

Honored Contributor

I've never noticed the models with "inadequate" fingernails.  However, I will say that I absolutely cannot watch jewelry presentations when the host has long fingernails with garish polish.  

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I've never noticed the models with "inadequate" fingernails.  However, I will say that I absolutely cannot watch jewelry presentations when the host has long fingernails with garish polish.  

I agree!  For me, the worst offender is Antonella.  Yesterday, when watching Jill, I thought her nails looked lovely.  Short, natural nails with a pretty sheer pink polish.  Much nicer than the fake, claw like garish nails that Anotonella usually has.  It takes the focus off the jewelry and all you notice is those awful nails.

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Please let's not forget the fake nails that have grown out and have not been filled.  And those with dirty nails underneath.  The blue and green and bright red nails conflict with the colored stones of some pieces of jewelry.

But let's also not forget the nails on the cosmetic pieces, or the handbaags. Ugly nails look ugly no matter what or where.  The hosts should just keep their nails clean and well manicured, as well as shaped like natural nails would be - not cat claws.

Respected Contributor

Not sure of correct spelling, but Deana/Dee Anna has the most beautiful NATURAL nails I have seen on QVC. She demos Perfect Formula, & her nails are perfect!

Honored Contributor

The only person I've seen with ugly nails has been a host. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I saw Jayne Brown do a show a few years ago with dirty chipped nails. Maybe she had been gardening before the show but it looked awful. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Contributor

I'm glad someone else said that! I can't watch her - ever.