Trusted Contributor

I totally agree. Thats why I had to stop buying shoes from the Q. I used to order all my shoes there because it is impossible to buy an 11W at most retail stores. But after buying Three pairs of  11 wides at the Q and not having them fit, and having to pay to send them back ($5.50 +6.95) I am done. Now I only buy shoes from websites that have free shipping and free returns. Better than losing the $36 for shoes that Shoud Have Fit. My foot didn't change sizes, just the fit of the shoes did.

Honored Contributor

I have purchased boots, sandals, and shoes from the Q and I have never had to return one pair.  They all fit perfect for me @geegerbee .

Respected Contributor

Recently I received some clothes I bought from QVC; decided I didn't like them and was going to return them.

I noticed, on the invoice, that the shipping charge was $3.95; using QVC's return label would cause $6.95 to be deducted from my credit!

That's highway robbery!!--charging me twice as much to return it as they charged to send it to me.

I said, the hell with it, I'll donate it, and that's just what I did. It's too much of a hassle --for me--to go to all the work of re-packing it, getting it to the post office, etc. And this way someone can get the use of prefectly fine new clothes.

There IS an address you can use if you don't want to use their label but it's in miniscule print and hard to find. I circled it and made a notation, Nice try, QVC

Honored Contributor

I don't buy much because of shipping and return costs.  The majority of what Q sells can be found elsewhere with free shipping and returns...as well as better prices due to sales or promo codes.  

Respected Contributor

@MarathonWoman wrote:

It is really disappointing that a high-volume online seller like QVC charges return fees. Return fees are unusual for the better online sellers. So it is surprising and quite telling about QVC as a company that it chooses to do so.  It is particularly aggregious to charge a return fee when QVC provides an inferior product or misrepresents a product on air.  Potential customers should be wary of the feel-good messaging by the congenial on air hosts. Potential customers should look closely at QVC purchasing policies re hidden fees before deciding to use them.

...especially when QVC charges TWICE AS MUCH for customers to return items (i.e., I bought something that cost $3.95 to ship to meSmiley Wink than they charge for shipping it to originally.

This is highway robbery.

You CAN find an address in case you want to return it some other way rather than using the "convenience" label but it's hard to find and printed in miniscule print. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

sometimes it's been more economical for me to donate an item then return it.  And that is not saying much!

I often do that too.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Exactly what return fees to which are you referring?  I'm not aware of being charged any fees.  QVC does not refund your original S&H unless something is broken or defective, they do deduct return postage if you use their shipping label but there are no fees charged.

Well if you don't mind QVC charging you twice as much to return the item--than they charged for shipping to you--be my guest. Myself, I don't appreciate tactics like that.

Huge eye opener for me. I know how you feel. I am sitting her sick to my stomach because I just added up how much money I have thrown out the window in shipping fees to QVC in the past few years. I admit I have never bothered to sit and calculate what I was being charged in shipping fees because with easy pay it was difficult to figure it all out. I had no idea that you are charged the $3.50 shipping fee to get the item and a minimum of $6.95 to return the item. That is a minimum in $10.45 in lost money to purchase an item and then return it, like even for a T shirt. For some reason I though you where in the least refunded the original shipping fees when you returned an item. I have the Prime free shipping and  free returns. Now that I have realized how many hundreds of dollars I have spent over the years for nothing at the Q I can honestly say unless it is an item I know I already use and will not return I am truly done. Its shady because all you hear in the sales presentations is if you are not happy please just return it like it is no big deal. I wonder how many sales they would make if they spoke the truth and said if you are not happy just return the item and be out $10.45 for nothing. I really am disgusted . In addition although with what has been going on I have certainly waiting much longer for items from other on line retailers non and I repeat non have had me in limbo for over a month leaving me with out even the option of cancelling an order while it  just says processing.  I have shopped with the Q for 25 years and I cant state enough how much I am really done. I am sure I will get replies from the blog QVC cheer leaders that I see on here that seem to reply to negatives posts about how nothing is the Q's fault who I suspect are just employees. 

Respected Contributor

@summer1102 wrote:

Huge eye opener for me. I know how you feel. I am sitting her sick to my stomach because I just added up how much money I have thrown out the window in shipping fees to QVC in the past few years. I admit I have never bothered to sit and calculate what I was being charged in shipping fees because with easy pay it was difficult to figure it all out. I had no idea that you are charged the $3.50 shipping fee to get the item and a minimum of $6.95 to return the item. That is a minimum in $10.45 in lost money to purchase an item and then return it, like even for a T shirt. For some reason I though you where in the least refunded the original shipping fees when you returned an item. I have the Prime free shipping and  free returns. Now that I have realized how many hundreds of dollars I have spent over the years for nothing at the Q I can honestly say unless it is an item I know I already use and will not return I am truly done. Its shady because all you hear in the sales presentations is if you are not happy please just return it like it is no big deal. I wonder how many sales they would make if they spoke the truth and said if you are not happy just return the item and be out $10.45 for nothing. I really am disgusted . In addition although with what has been going on I have certainly waiting much longer for items from other on line retailers non and I repeat non have had me in limbo for over a month leaving me with out even the option of cancelling an order while it  just says processing.  I have shopped with the Q for 25 years and I cant state enough how much I am really done. I am sure I will get replies from the blog QVC cheer leaders that I see on here that seem to reply to negatives posts about how nothing is the Q's fault who I suspect are just employees. 

Preach it, sister! Can I get an "amen!"?

Super Contributor
@summer1102 your post rocks! And sadly very true!
Thankfully lately the Q has 'gifted' me credits of $10 a few times due to countless shipments getting repeatedly delayed, but yes ... It is something to truly consider, how much you are charged to return something that doesn't work out or didn't seem at all like it was presented on air....