Occasional Visitor

It is really disappointing that a high-volume online seller like QVC charges return fees. Return fees are unusual for the better online sellers. So it is surprising and quite telling about QVC as a company that it chooses to do so.  It is particularly aggregious to charge a return fee when QVC provides an inferior product or misrepresents a product on air.  Potential customers should be wary of the feel-good messaging by the congenial on air hosts. Potential customers should look closely at QVC purchasing policies re hidden fees before deciding to use them. 

Occasional Contributor

Ugh... I totally agree with you.  It's probably the only thing I dislike about QVC.  I get especially upset when they still charge if you ship multiple items together.  My husband who used to own his own business states that it's another way of making $

Honored Contributor

@MarathonWoman   They need to because so many order and return so much that it would get really costly for QVC.  In all the years I have bought here I rarely have returned anything except for an occasional exchange in size or a broken product.  I have never got anything I thought was inferior or misrepresented by QVC.  I do not buy because of sales tactics that all salespeople use but rather because I like a product.   If I returned so much because I felt  products were misrepresented or inferior I surely would be smart enough to shop elsewhere!!!

Respected Contributor

An easy fix...don't buy.

Respected Contributor

I return maybe 1% of what I purchase from QVC. 

If a product is inferior and breaks, as I've had a bracelet and a ring do, you can claim a defect and you will not be charged for the return, as I was not.

I don't like the idea of paying for returns, but I also acknowledge that it saves me more money than it costs me because it prevents me from making some (but not all!) impulse purchases.

Do I need to spend $7 to learn that the dress that looks great on a model will not look like that on me? No, I usually do not.

Do I need to spend $7 to know that wig will not look good on me and that I won't wear it? Turns out that one time I did, but the countless other times before that I did not and now I really don't need to because once was enough.

It's an impulse buy deterrent and, for me, it serves its purpose more often than not.

Honored Contributor

I don't know where everyone gets all the free returns from because I don't.  There are very few places that I buy from that offer free returns unless you include ordering and being able to return to a store. 

Honored Contributor

Question about returns - are there more returns for products ordered from onair presentations or from website findings?   I'm thinking in percentages, not numbers.

I don't return much at all and I'd have to look back to verify this, but I believe 100% of my returns have been for items I saw onair and phoned in to buy.    (That would exclude some returns made so long ago that neither I nor QVC was using a website!)

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Exactly what return fees to which are you referring?  I'm not aware of being charged any fees.  QVC does not refund your original S&H unless something is broken or defective, they do deduct return postage if you use their shipping label but there are no fees charged.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: End QVC return fees

[ Edited ]

I think she means the return shipping charge, meaning the postage shown on the return label.  This was instituted when they cut down the original shipping to 3.50.  I'm happy this way, if I gamble on something  and I'm wrong, I'm willing to take the hit.  There were many items, say an eyebrow pencil, I would not order because of the old high shipping.  $3.50 I can deal with.  

Esteemed Contributor

sometimes it's been more economical for me to donate an item then return it.  And that is not saying much!