Frequent Contributor

Emailing Customers When Orders are delayed

On May 1 I ordered the Kim Gravel TSV at midnight. I understand the shipping delays and supply chain issues. But after 11 days of preparing your order and seeing many reviews of customers who received their order, it would be nice just to hear from customer service apologizing for the delay and giving a reason for it. It was not billed as an advance order and other customers have received the item. 

The QVC social team is great but sometimes I wish QVC would be more proactive and reach our to the customer rather than us reaching out to them. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Emailing Customers When Orders are delayed

@AlcottWilder,

Yes, I wrote the same thing to the "social team" after emailing them about when I would get a lampost ordered several weeks before. 

Never told it would be over a month before delivered and never receiving any email about the delay; also never any indication it wouldn't be shipped within a few days when ordered as a TSV!

So when they asked for any comments that is what I said. Please at least let us know if something is not there to be shipped or will be delayed etc. 

We shouldn't have to wait and wait and write emails, call etc.

Every other company I have ever ordered from, lets me know by email every step of the way, if something delayed, when it will be delivered etc.

I really think the QVC ceo's or whoever think that they can make a profit without any of the things other companies and online and storefront businesses do to run a business.

They just think oh, people will keep on ordering anyway.

Let them think we are one big friendly happy family customers and all.

Oh but if someone disappears or is sick, it stops there.Don't ask, don't tell. You know privacy and all.  It really makes me feel that money is always the bottom line.

Forget you ever knew them.

No wonder, many cannot work for this company anymore.

I really shoud not post something like this, just realizing, wow, I rarely watch anymore, I rarely order anything. Oh well, maybe it's a good thing. Who cares right? 

So many other things going on in this crazy world.

I just miss you QVC, the way you used to be.

Companies try to change, but most try to change for the better.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@AlcottWilder   I just cancelled an order that was placed on April 25th for a 7x10 outdoor rug.  Originally ordered in black (nothing on line about advance order), and then when I went to check on it about a week later, it shows "advance order", but the grey color one showed "in stock".  So I called CS and had them switch the black to the grey.  

I checked a few days ago and it said it was to be sent May 9th.

It's now May 11 and the ship day has once again moved out to May 22.  I never received ANY communication about it being back ordered, advance ordered, out of stock, or delayed.

Really a shame, because if I could have received some sort of definitive answer on when it would be shipped from QVC, I may have decided to keep it.  My guess is that the vendor is unable to deliver, but QVC needs to step it up in communication with it's customers on shipping delays. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

@AlcottWilder wrote:

On May 1 I ordered the Kim Gravel TSV at midnight. I understand the shipping delays and supply chain issues. But after 11 days of preparing your order and seeing many reviews of customers who received their order, it would be nice just to hear from customer service apologizing for the delay and giving a reason for it. It was not billed as an advance order and other customers have received the item. 

The QVC social team is great but sometimes I wish QVC would be more proactive and reach our to the customer rather than us reaching out to them. 

I have received several emails apologising for delayed receipt of orders, but each time, I have already received the orders early and have other orders that are delayed. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@AlcottWilder @RealtyGal2 I have the same problem with Dr. Denese products.  For a few days I saw "processing order" and then when I checked order status again it said, "backordered."  I wrote to the customer care e-mail and was told my items would be shipped out within 10 days.  There were no reasons given why the order said "backordered."  I really do not want to know why....I just want my orders deliered.  I will chck again, but am beginning to buy less and less from the Q for shipping and also return items.  I am a long-time customer of the Q, right from the beginning.  Pretty sad.

Frequent Contributor

@RealtyGal2 so I received an email response from the qvc social team saying I was notified via email about the delay, but I went through all of my folders and there was not one. I have never gotten an email when there is a delay but they tell me one was sent, maybe its in some weird folder in my email system! But I get every other email from QVC so who knows.

I like QVC, I don't like to complain especially in these times I just think a better system should be in place when things become delayed for a long time. 

Respected Contributor

They seem to e-mail constantly if you looked at an item and a $2.00 price reduction etc. So why can't we we informed about delays? I only find out about surprise delays when I check my account. I have two items in lawn and garden delayed. One item will be a month delay.  I live in a short summer season. There seems to be more and more VPH delays. Yes ,we do know there are demand, supply, shipping issues but it seems to  should be a courteousy to let comsumers know to be able adjust plans if necessary.

Respected Contributor

I just received a CS recorded phone call that my Sperry Crest shoes ordered on April 20, 2021 will be delayed until LATE JUNE???  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Or better yet.......email the customer when the item you ordered was damaged and you never got it and all is sold out so you have no more chance to get it!:as it is all sold out!