Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 187
Registered: ‎06-14-2018

Easy returns/ Free exchanges ??!

They love to advertise this policy and hosts always reiterate it so you feel comfortable purchasing items without seeing in person. The problems are when you return at item, you basically just spent approx $10 between shipping cost and return cost to have nothing. That is absurd this day in age!! So many retailers offer free shipping and free returns. The “free” exchanges they boast about is a joke. Four out of five items I exchanged turned into yet another $10 return since they almost NEVER have the item I’m trying to replace with in stock. It has become so costly to order from QVC. I’ve significantly reduced my shopping here for that reason. Too many companies out there are truly honoring an “easy return/exchange” policy.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 187
Registered: ‎06-14-2018

Re: Easy returns/ Free exchanges ??!

 
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 147
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Easy returns/ Free exchanges ??!

I absolutely agree with you!  I recently purchased two items and you're correct one item cost me $ 9.39 to return then don't forget QVC's now policy is to also deduct the original shipping cost to you, so in reality you've spent close to $13.00 FOR  NOTHING!

 

I too after these purchases (which I really did previously) will STOP shopping at QVC! And I've been a customer since 1996.

 

No doubt the management at QVC has to rethink some of their shipping decisions among other things. Also because I haven't even watched the Q in awhile I did notice their clothing pricing is through the wall, talk about HIGH prices.  New vendors higher prices, sorry to say with shipping cost you've really lost me as a customer.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,570
Registered: ‎02-27-2012

Re: Easy returns/ Free exchanges ??!

[ Edited ]

@Natureluvr wrote:
They love to advertise this policy and hosts always reiterate it so you feel comfortable purchasing items without seeing in person. The problems are when you return at item, you basically just spent approx $10 between shipping cost and return cost to have nothing. That is absurd this day in age!! So many retailers offer free shipping and free returns. The “free” exchanges they boast about is a joke. Four out of five items I exchanged turned into yet another $10 return since they almost NEVER have the item I’m trying to replace with in stock. It has become so costly to order from QVC. I’ve significantly reduced my shopping here for that reason. Too many companies out there are truly honoring an “easy return/exchange” policy.

 

 

@Natureluvr 

 

The above highlighted statement is incorrect.

 

If you send back for an even exchange for size or color and they DO NOT have it anymore, you get a FULL REFUND including original shipping AND you DO NOT pay the return shipping label fee.

 

If that was NOT the case for you, you need to contact the Moderators and provide them with the order info for correction.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,212
Registered: ‎10-03-2014

Re: Easy returns/ Free exchanges ??!

Is it possible, QVC charging so much for returns is meant to be a deterrent...customers thinking twice about returning anything?  I don't know.

 

I do think when and if QVC offers free shipping and returns, we will see higher retail prices.  

 

There really is no way for the customer to win with QVC except only buying sale and clearance items on free shipping days, but then, QVC increases prices on "some" of them.  It's like playing a game.  Does QVC outsmart the customer or will the customer outsmart QVC?  

 

 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,567
Registered: ‎05-15-2014

Re: Easy returns/ Free exchanges ??!

It certainly deters me from ordering at times.  Even though I hardly order anymore I do still purchase once in a while if it's really something I want.   I have much better luck on HSN though, they certainly do "free exchanges" in a much simpler format and also their clearance fashion prices are great!   As a matter of fact I just bought another Nina Leonard bolero with tank for $19.41, I did pay shipping of $3.50 but it's a great buy!

They are nice summer outfits.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,432
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: Easy returns/ Free exchanges ??!

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@Natureluvr wrote:
They love to advertise this policy and hosts always reiterate it so you feel comfortable purchasing items without seeing in person. The problems are when you return at item, you basically just spent approx $10 between shipping cost and return cost to have nothing. That is absurd this day in age!! So many retailers offer free shipping and free returns. The “free” exchanges they boast about is a joke. Four out of five items I exchanged turned into yet another $10 return since they almost NEVER have the item I’m trying to replace with in stock. It has become so costly to order from QVC. I’ve significantly reduced my shopping here for that reason. Too many companies out there are truly honoring an “easy return/exchange” policy.

 

 

@Natureluvr 

 

The above highlighted statement is incorrect.

 

If you send back for an even exchange for size or color and they DO NOT have it anymore, you get a FULL REFUND including original shipping AND you DO NOT pay the return shipping label fee.

 

If that was NOT the case for you, you need to contact the Moderators and provide them with the order info for correction.


I'm not sure you get your original shipping fee back.  I copied this from the website under "What is your exchange policy?":

 

"...If the requested exchange is no longer available, including items on waitlist and advance order, QVC will issue a refund and not deduct the Q Return Label fee."

 

 

 

 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,848
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Easy returns/ Free exchanges ??!


@Foxxee wrote:

Is it possible, QVC charging so much for returns is meant to be a deterrent...customers thinking twice about returning anything?  I don't know.

 

I do think when and if QVC offers free shipping and returns, we will see higher retail prices.  

 

There really is no way for the customer to win with QVC except only buying sale and clearance items on free shipping days, but then, QVC increases prices on "some" of them.  It's like playing a game.  Does QVC outsmart the customer or will the customer outsmart QVC?  

 

 


@Foxxee,  that is for sure.  Just yesterday I ordered an item (not from Q) for which I did a price comparison.  On one site there was a $10.95 shipping charge; the second site offered free shipping but the price was $11 higher.

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Are you setting an example or being an example?
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,570
Registered: ‎02-27-2012

Re: Easy returns/ Free exchanges ??!

@geezerette 

 

Yes you do get your original shipping and handling back.

 

The mods have clarified this many times before.

 

I have tried to exchange and when the new selection was not available I DID receive a total and complete refund.

 

The Reurns Dept. makes many errors, however, but a simple call or email would correct it.

Contributor
Posts: 47
Registered: ‎06-19-2014

Re: Easy returns/ Free exchanges ??!

I purchased an item a little less than a month ago. It was refill blades for a shaver. I received the item and it was the wrong item. They sent me skin polishing discs instead of the shaving heads. I complained about it to customer service and they told me to mail it back. Of course I had to pay to ship it back. $6.95 to ship back an item that weighed only a few ounces. I then asked that they send me the correct item. I received a replacement order this week just a couple of days ago. It was not the replacement blade that I asked for it was once again the same polishing discs. This time using the chat feature on the Q's website, the customer service person said she would put a note in my account to waive the shipping fee once the item was received by them.
This is very frustrating. Apparently they don't have the item at all but yet had it listed on their website.
What frustrates me is that you shouldn't have to pay to return something that was their mistake in the first place.
Gone are the days of free shipping on returns. The last time I was able to return an item and not pay for shipping was when I ordered from Spiegel.