New Contributor

Hello- Would you please have all Plus size Models wear all the Dresses they are

modeling, without wearing a jacket, blouse or scarf that covers the dress?  When the models wear these "coverings", I cannot see how the dress will look on its own. 

This is for sizes XL, 1X and larger.

It would be most helpful if the QVC Host would always tell us what Size Dress that

all the Model's are wearing.  Carolyn Gracie is the only host that Always tells the size

of the dress the models are wearing.  Thanks so much!

Respected Contributor

@Tintagel  ITA! Once you start getting into the plus-sized clothing category, your girls are probably bigger and less perky than those of women in the misses size range. A dress that looks fine in misses clothing may not be flattering at all in plus-sized clothing. The coverings that you mentioned camouflage these unflattering features, resulting in costly returns that would be unnecessary if women could see the “base” larger clothing item before QVC paired it with other jackets and accessories. 

I recently provided feedback on Talbots proposed new website. One of my suggestions was, if a woman selected a search filter to show sizes that fall into Talbots’ plus-sized category, the search results should default to pictures of plus-sized models wearing the clothing. My rationale was that Talbots already had these pictures for most of these items on their website anyway, so why not make it a little bit easier for us. There are many items that look great in misses sizes that don’t look so great in plus sizes (so disappointing). The next time I searched Talbots new website, I found that they implemented my suggestion! 

While QVC doesn’t charge more for plus-sized clothing ☺️, there are costs associated with returning and restocking merchandise.  These costs can be avoided by openly depicting the clothing features before the purchase. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not only with dresses....often they cover up the plus models with accessories (cardigans, sweaters, scarfs) whether it be dresses, tops, etc.........not an accident.

Respected Contributor

If the stylists are putting models in smaller sizes anyway because they feel tighter looks better (newsflash, it doesn't most of the time), it's not going to make a difference whether they cover them up with sweaters, scarves, etc because it's not fitting properly. But I agree that they need to show more items on their own and not always accessorizing. Evine's plus size models aren't typically covered, you get to see their bare arms for the most part. 

And not all plus size women have big arms and big busts, so the fit up top won't be as much of an issue if it were someone like me, who does have bigger arms and a bigger bust, and has to look at bust measurements.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes I think that they cover up the Plus Size Models with a jacket because the dress does not fit properly. It just does not make sense.