Contributor

DRESS CODE- presenters and hosts???

OMGosh QVC what happened to you? I have watched your offerings since... the month after you began and have always admired how nicely dressed all your hosts are. But this morning, at 6:20 a.m. I turned on your channel and was SHOCKED at both the QVC host and the product presenter....it was some kind of sound bar for a tv....but both women were in JEANS and casual shirts, looking like they were ready to go out and mow the lawn. Oh no - that presentation is over & now your computer guy is out selling an HP, and HE is in jeans and a work-in-the-yard shirt!!!!! I realize it is an early hour but you know what - lots of people are up and around at this time -- oh by the way, it's also a Sunday - and if this is how you're going to allow your people to dress I'll just go down to our local flea market and buy from them - looks the same!

Contributor

Re: DRESS CODE- OOOPPPSSSS....

Well, my posting days are OVER----sending you a BIG APOLOGY.

Wrong network!    YOUR show at this hour is your normal, nice, quality and I canNOT apologize enough for sending this to the wrong place. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: DRESS CODE- presenters and hosts???

Hi @sylram! I too am a steadfast and early QVC watcher. The station has seen me through some good times and some bad, and I remain fairly loyal to it.

At 14 posts, it would appear that you either a long time lurker, relatively long watcher, OR 

perhaps you LOST your original mic and are posting under a new one.

Either way, I can't help but wonder what it is about what hosts are wearing that causes you enough discomfort to post about it.

Are you in possession of the rarely seen "Manual Of Style, Dress, and Decorum For Show Hosts on TV shopping Channels"?

Have you recently retired from a position at or above the vice president level in a bank or some Fortune 500 business?

In all your years as a QVC watcher have you never seen posts previously about this subject before?

If you choose to buy your computer or makeup or vacuum cleaner or silver watch at the local flea market, I'm sure the purveyors there will be happy to deal. I doubt that it will impact on QVC one way or the other.

Honored Contributor

Re: DRESS CODE- OOOPPPSSSS....

[ Edited ]

@sylram-

😃👍🏻 Apology accepted! Have a GREAT DAY!

Honored Contributor

It doesn't matter if the OP got the wrong network to complain about dress as it appears OP is stuck in a long ago time as far as dress and wants everyone to change for her!  I'm sure her parents and grandparents had the same thing to say about her generation's dress.  We can either stay locked in a time warp and let change bother us or just accept that these are different and way more casual times and like it or not changes happen and will continue to do so!!  Who cares about what someone is wearing, it's whether they do their job and treat others like we would want to be treated.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

It doesn't matter if the OP got the wrong network to complain about dress as it appears OP is stuck in a long ago time as far as dress and wants everyone to change for her!  I'm sure her parents and grandparents had the same thing to say about her generation's dress.  We can either stay locked in a time warp and let change bother us or just accept that these are different and way more casual times and like it or not changes happen and will continue to do so!!  Who cares about what someone is wearing, it's whether they do their job and treat others like we would want to be treated.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm 62.  Business and social styles have changed many times in my life.  The millenials and genX'ers don't look at it the way we older people do.  If hosts are under 40, maybe 45, many will dress differently than in suits, dresses, and poodle skirts.  

It's time to stop judging based on a host's (or anyone's) choice of clothing.  It may not be what you or I prefer but it is what it is.

It's time we all stop expecting others to dress, eat, walk, and believe what we want them to.  

Honored Contributor

yes times have changed, but coming on the air as though you have left the gym or grocery store to do your job is not respectful to your employer or audience. 

(unless selling gym equipment)

Honored Contributor

I just can't for the life of me imagine being so "SHOCKED" at any tv shopping channel's host being dressed casually.

Lots of things happening in our world today "SHOCKS" me, but that sure isn't one of them. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I think it might help if you reviewed some material on generational differences.  It's easy to find on the internet. What is offensive to you is more than normal to others.