Respected Contributor

OK QVC, there is a thread about the various DNA kits available to trace your ethnicity/ancestry. The more comprehensive kits are rather pricey ($100-$200). Ancestry has a $99 kit. My sister recently did Ancestry's $50 kit. All that got us was our ethnicity broken down into 4 ethnic groups...but even that was surprising!

How about working a deal with Ancestry and getting a special price on their $100 kit? You could advertise it as just for fun, but it would be informative also. I think a lot of people would buy the kit.

Something to consider.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Super Contributor

I would buy it!

Honored Contributor

I would buy it as gifts for friends and familiy.

Respected Contributor

That would be a unique gift to buy someone...the perfect gift for the person who has everything!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Esteemed Contributor

@Yardlie That is a great idea!

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Yardlie That is a great idea!

@Yardlie, yes it is!Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Yardlie

"How about working a deal with Ancestry"

Good idea but I do not think the partnership will work.  Ancestry is a worldwide company completely owned by the LDS w/no outside "deals."

QVC will probably do better making deals w/the other DNA companies out there.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I think this would be an interesting purchase and conversation piece, but if I were a buyer at QVC, I'd be concerned about potential returns.  I bet there are lots of people out there who would buy it, use it, then try to get their money back once they found out what they wanted to know.

Frequent Contributor

My iMac, the LDS church does not own Ancestry.  They own FamilySearch.com.  Just an FYI!

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I think this would be an interesting purchase and conversation piece, but if I were a buyer at QVC, I'd be concerned about potential returns.  I bet there are lots of people out there who would buy it, use it, then try to get their money back once they found out what they wanted to know.

@wildcat fan

I didn't think of that. The return policy would have be similar to food purchases...? How can someone eat an entire ham and call for a refund? hmmm