Trusted Contributor

Customer Reviews

[ Edited ]

I know I'm not the first one to bring this up but it's really a disservice to us all to allow a posted review for a product that has not been ordered by the reviewer!  I was scrolling the expensive fire-light manmade diamonds when I came across a 1-star review.  Wondering what was wrong with the product I see it's just someone's feelings about manmade diamonds in general - not a specific product review.  When product ratings get diluted by these type of reviews it negatively affects both the customers as well as the vendors.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Customer Reviews

[ Edited ]

I especially like the 1 star reviews that state they never received the product or it was received damage, etc. etc., or they made a mistake in the "stars" and have actually given the item a rave review.

I automatically discount those reviews but if I were the vendor I wouldn't be happy about such a bogus rating.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I agree.  It is not helpful to opine about one's feelings about man made diamonds.  This subject of nonpurchase reviews has been discussed many times.  Maybe it would require more employees to monitor the reviews.  I always check reviews before I buy an item, if it wasn't purchased by the reviewer, I just ignore.

Trusted Contributor

I agree.  It also seems like negative reviews are given if the shipping is slow.  That is too bad, however I want a review about the actual item...not the shipping.  That might be different for everyone. 

Honored Contributor

@nova    As long as a review doesn't contain profanity, QVC will allow anything to be posted.  It's a shame because it downgrades the credibility of their review system.  There are many that should have never been published. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

This is something I think is never going to change.  Whoever QVC employs to operate its review system doesn't care enough to validate the reviews.

Individual non-reviews have been reported and they're never taken down.  Many years ago I even wrote to corporate about it - nothing was done.

I went onto Peyton's blog and commented about it - he agreed it was wrong and said he had taken it up with corporate - nothing was done.

The Q's review system is pretty poor.  You have to pick and choose which "reviews" to believe.  I never leave a review for a product I haven't purchased.

Honored Contributor

Most retailers rely on third party algorhythms or reviews. Rarely are they reviewed by humans before they are posted. Reviews are posted as long as they meet the system's algorhythm requirements.

Yesterday, I laughed out loud when one review talked about the host without any mention of the product. Some people have too much time on their hands.

Either way, I don't really care. It's easy to ignore the unrelated reviews. 

Trusted Contributor

I look the overall ratings but then I immediately jump to the lowest ratings to read them, so I think it is extremely unfair to under-rate an item that one didn't buy and use. Especially if the item arrived damaged or shipped late, that really isn't rating the time but it is a reflection of the company in general. I usually do not like to buy if an item is not rated at all, and now there appears to be a lot of collecting being done whether the people buy or not, there much be incentives out there to submit them, to me that makes them worthless. I'm very bad about submitting reviews, though I am making an effort to review items more often, good and bad.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Esteemed Contributor

I hate seeing why a person has not purchased a specific item or used it yet.  I don't know why it's allowed.