Valued Contributor

Yesterday I had the other channel on and they had craft day. I watched it most of the day. Although I am not much of a crafter I did enjoy the shows and thought maybe I could try that. I found the shows to be very enjoyable and informative. Please bring back the craft shows. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

I really enjoyed it too. I ordered three things, then cancelled two, when I had a reality check and realized I probably wouldn't have time for it. Lol. They make it look so easy, but it takes a lot of supplies and set up. I would like to try card making. 

Honored Contributor

I love the craft shows on HSN.  I bought a few things yesterday to add to my extensive collection!  Can't resist Anna Griffin products!  And I love the way HSN has been doing shipping charges on craft day.  $4.95 maximum shipping charge for the whole day.  And you don't have to order everything at once.  They are able to recalculate purchases all day, pro-rating the $4.95 across all orders.  Love their show!  Love crafting, especially card making!

Honored Contributor

I too enjoyed craft day.  It's fun to see the new equipment and supplies.  One can get very carried away with all those products.  I have a friend who's really into it.  She has a "craft room" crammed with all sorts of supplies and all she does is make a few cards for friends.  You'd have to know a lot more people than I do to make this hobby pay for itself.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Re: Craft Shows

[ Edited ]

I agree with everyone that commented here. I miss the craft shows/days on QVC. I only watch and purchase from HSN when they do have their craft days, because frankly, I do not need to be doing business with another shopping channel. Really don't understand why QVC discontinued their craft days because the items sold like hot cakes. You could barely get the phone dialed before items sold out. Something must have been going on that Q craft customers were not aware of. Quite a few of the vendors went over to HSN, as I have seen them selling their products on that channel. Oh well, QVC's loss is HSN's gain. You can get some great deals on HSN on their craft days, and the one time S&H is a big plus. Looking forward to the next one.

Have you given any thought to bringing back your craft shows. But don't do scrapbooking all day like HSN does, that is their primary crafts.

Bring fiber arts... like ... knitting, crochet, loom knitting, weaving, spinning etc.
Also sewing,   Bring in, sewing machines, sergers, fabric, tools of the trade etc... I am sure you could get companies to come to the show

This is just a suggestion, as I have missed the shows you once had. 

QVC Customer Care

@quiltergal I will forward that request to the team.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I too enjoyed craft day.  It's fun to see the new equipment and supplies.  One can get very carried away with all those products.  I have a friend who's really into it.  She has a "craft room" crammed with all sorts of supplies and all she does is make a few cards for friends.  You'd have to know a lot more people than I do to make this hobby pay for itself.

@Kachina624  IMO a hobby doesn't need to "pay for itself."   IMO a hobby is something a person does to pass the time in a way that he or she enjoys.  I didn't realize a person has to break even with a hobby.  A lot of my friends show dogs for a hobby and they certainly don't do it with an eye toward breaking even financially.  

Do others here think a hobby needs to "pay for itself"?

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee, I too, believe that a hobby is something that a person does for fun ... if they made a little money on the side at a craft fair or whatever, then great. 

IMO, it stops being a "hobby" when one 'makes this hobby pay for itself' ... it now becomes a business. (@Kachina624)

Honored Contributor

It never ocurred to me that my "hobby" should "pay for itself".  I love my hobbies!  And if I never shared my offerings with anyone, I'd still love my hobbies.