Trusted Contributor

Just a reminder to QVC that the standard petite inseam is 28" NOT 29".

I will not try $100 jeans, for example, knowing I will need to pay an additional $30 to have them altered. I would love a pair of Laurie Felt jeans but she is one of the designers that has this inseam issue.

Please keep this is mind, buyers, and pass the news on to the design teams, too. I'm sure I speak for other petite women that need a 28 inch inseam and who are shut out of the Q marketplace.

dee

Honored Contributor

Re: Comment about Petite sizing

I don't know how petite you are, but I can't wear heels with a 28 inch inseam, at 5ft3 I need a 29 inch for a 2 inch heel and I don't have long legs. I think it's hard for the Q to please everyone on this one. 

Honored Contributor

I'm  5' 4" and wear a 27" inseam.  That extra inch is a constant annoyance to me.  Thankfully, I  can sew and have a machine.  Hell would freeze over before I'd pay $30 to have a pair of jeans hemmed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I need a 30 inch so neither reg or petite works for me

OP could check out the resellers sites for merchandise that is not as expensive and is the same 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deedledeedeedle 

If you watch Laurie Felt jean presentations, the models are almost always wearing heels. I think she designs a 29" thinking "we" wear heels with jeans. I personally do not, so yes 29" is too long for the average petite person.  I am only 5"1" so I usually stick to ones that say ankle length!

Honored Contributor

I thought the short ankle pant length was "in" right now.  But if you are referring to the flare pant, I wouldn't think one would wear that one up at the ankle.  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Just a note to add to my post:

Industry standard is 28 inches for the petite inseam. Feel free to check it out. If I had the time or inclination I would go back to sewing my own slacks.

dee

Respected Contributor

I was shopping online at Lands End for pants and was excited to see they offered Petite pants with a choice of 26” or 28” inseam.  Brilliant!