Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

You're posting this on a computer on the very website that also has pictures of every color of any item you're interested in.... no waiting.  Smiley Happy

Sure, sometimes it's handy to check colors on the computer.  This morning in my case, my iPad was charging in a different room.  If I had seen a color I wanted in the coat I would have disengaged myself from my crochet pile and gone to the other room to order.  Too much of a hassle to get up and move everything each time I wanted to look at a color, and the one I liked was sold out by the time they showed it.  

That just means you should have charged your Ipad last night......lol  

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Yes, I agree! Show the colors at the beginning. And please don't show the models wearing the black ones because you can't see a dang thing.Woman Frustrated

@SilleeMee  Yesterday morning  (Sat) the model, Amy, came out in black Skechers boots, black leggings, black Logo top, and black cardigan.  Five minutes was spent describing the top which was impossible to see.  Another stylist misstep.

Honored Contributor

however now the item description defaults to the video instead which is even more timewasting not a still picture. So yes colors and item info not chit chat

Respected Contributor

Sure there are some (inconvenient) ways around the issue as a few have noted.....  but why struggle with video defaults, guessing at colors on-line that appear different from tv, etc. when there is so elementary, so basic a solution. That QVC is blind to the importance of giving product information up front boggles my mind.

When you have a rack of colors, all of which cannot be seen on tv, rattle them off first, let the phones ring, then point out features, let the phones ring some more, then shmooze. Easy peasy.

Trusted Contributor

I have noticed the increase in ooogling and small talk instead of getting to the meat of the product first. I know I am inpatient, my mind will wander and bore quickly .....  just care to hear the colors, measurements and pertinent information before all the sales pitch..........have tuned out on TV quickly most of the time or item sold out before I could decide or hear the information I needed. Have also not bought based on above if my computer is not on......oh well all is well though...... no stress at all from that. LOL

Respected Contributor

@Mellie32

Point taken, IF my computer was in the same room as the TV. TV is in the family room and computer is in the office space (3rd bedroom).  Not as convenient as some would believe.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

Thanks for your suggestion to post in Suggestion Box.  It's there, too.

Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

There have been quite a few clothing items I've been tempted to purchase and want to see colors first b/c that will determine if I actually go through with the purchase.

More often than not, we are given all kinds of info before the colors available. I don't have a lap pad or note pad so I rely on the TV presentation. So there have been times when - by the time the colors are shown - my preference is gone in my size.

Excellent suggestion!! 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I tend to agree with the color presentation for clothes, but my pet peeve is when they try to sell electronics by more attention to color than to what the product actually does.  I really don't care what color the labtop or the hedge trimmer is.  I want to know the specs, the details on how it works and what it can do for me if I buy it.  

Esteemed Contributor

You would think the colors would be the first thing presented.  It seems so obvious to do before the rubbing and stretching of fabric.  Before walking the dog, kids to the bus stop,lunch with the girls..by the time they get to the colors I'm gone,probably doing one of those things! 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth