Shawn.....you mentioned needing a color for your bedroom.  “Tranquility” by Benjamin Moore paints is one of the prettiest shades of green I’ve ever seen.  

Respected Contributor

@Nurse329 wrote:

Shawn.....you mentioned needing a color for your bedroom.  “Tranquility” by Benjamin Moore paints is one of the prettiest shades of green I’ve ever seen.  

Some people like color but I have always painted with traditional white flat paint.  I feel the traditional look wins out over fads.  White goes with eveything and is simple.

Esteemed Contributor

The hosts do NOT read these forums.

Go to her Facebook page.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Some people like color but I have always painted with traditional white flat paint.  I feel the traditional look wins out over fads.  White goes with eveything and is simpl

Using color is certainly not a 'fad'....I don't care for white at all. My home is painted in soft colors.

Honored Contributor
Just redid our master bedroom and bath with Benjamin Moore Iceberg. It is a beautiful sea glass blue. Very happy with it.
Honored Contributor

I've been an off-white person, but I'm seriously thinking of painting one kitchen wall Chartreuse.

And adding turquoise accents.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I had a friend whose neighbor is an interior decorator and she helped me with colors in my home.  In the guest bedroom I used her suggestion of Wythe Blue.  It's more of a deep aqua.  It's very pretty.  

I'm one who always had white walls in past homes.  Here I put very bold colors.  I am rethinking the colors of the kitchen and great room but I love the colors selected for the bedrooms and both baths.

As for comments made by hosts on TV - I often wonder if half that stuff isn't made up "fill in talk".   

Respected Contributor

Just finished painting my bedroom walls with Sherwin-Williams Intense Teal. Gorgeous color.  Love colored walls. No white rooms in my home.  To boring for me.  Soft yellow in the den, Light purple for the dinning room, Milk chocolate brown for the front parlor and back bedroom, soft blue for the front hallway, gray for back hallway and another bedroom, soft mint green for another bedroom and a darker gray for the last bedroom. Can't imagine a home without color.