Valued Contributor

Color Descriptions Need To Be Accurate

[ Edited ]

I have had to return two items recently, because the color descriptions on the QVC website were inaccurate. I am returning both items. The midi dress being returned was described as "Lipstick Red". When it arrived, its color was clearly orange without a hint of red. I would never have ordered the dress, if the actual color, orange, had been listed (my least favorite color). The other item ordered, microwave dishes, were listed as green. When they arrived, they were almost blue/no green whatsoever. Blue does not match anything in my kitchen. I feel that QVC would have far less returns, if the colors were listed (and described by the hosts) more accurately/precisely. The customer would also have less charges for returned items, thus less frustration. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Color Descriptions Need To Be Accurate

Totally agree!
Esteemed Contributor

I agree!

I got a pair of capris that were supposed to be "apricot" and they are a rust color...

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma Sometimes choosing a color can be challenging. There is the QVC host's description of the color, the website's name of a color, the way the color appears in the vendor's home via Skype (usually colors appear much more drab due to poor lighting), and the color under studio lights (appears very vibrant). The QVC studio color for an item of clothing always looks different from the same color of clothing in the Vendor's home. I appreciate the hosts who give a lot of attention to detail when describing the colors being presented. Their information seems to be quite helpful.

Respected Contributor

@Jeanne from VA   You are so right about lighting affecting the colors we see. When I watch on qvc channel live the colors look so vivid, then you go to website and they look totally different.  Then, at the vendors home we see a different color. So who is right?  The studio lights are so bright I am sometimes disappointed when my item arrives and it looks so muted compared to the presentation.

Trusted Contributor

The hosts used to describe colors in detail, such as cool vs warm shades, undertones etc,,, Now they just babble about nothing to fill in the time.
I have resorted to asking color descriptions on the Q and A section on the product page, but rarely get an answer. At that point, I refuse to order because of the hassle and expense of returns. Totally ridiculous way to run a business!
Honored Contributor

With all the zooming going on, I find obvious differences in colors between the sample shown in the studio and the sample at the vendors location. Makes a difference in reds, pinks and corals, for example.  I'm also one that doesn't wear any orange.