Honored Contributor

I see under the clothing pages, that there is a sizing/fit guide tab as well as the link to the individual garment measurements or 'click here' measurements.

We also need a diagram as to where certain measurements are taken or their explanation of what they are-- For example:

Sweep is the bottom of the garment,  but where exactly is high point shoulder and cross back set in sleeve measurements actually taken? There should be a picture of a person or a manikin with an item of clothing-- front and back views with an arrow pointing to where these measurements are derived for the 'click here' measurements.

This would help many of us-- armhole height or circumference? or arm circumference?? Need arrows pointing on the manikin as to where these are derived also.

Thanks in advance.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Re: Click Here Measurements!!

Excellent suggestion !  I thought I was the only one who didn't understand them.

Esteemed Contributor

Count me in on this suggestion!!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
QVC Customer Care

@JustJazzmom

That is an excellent suggestion! I will forward this to our group for QVC.com  

Beth 

Customer Care

Regular Contributor

JustJazzMom:  You have made a great suggestion that would help us decide

what size to order.  I read that column of measurements and by eyes glaze over!  It would be helpful to see what part of the garment the measurements actually are referring to. 

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I see under the clothing pages, that there is a sizing/fit guide tab as well as the link to the individual garment measurements or 'click here' measurements.

We also need a diagram as to where certain measurements are taken or their explanation of what they are-- For example:

Sweep is the bottom of the garment,  but where exactly is high point shoulder and cross back set in sleeve measurements actually taken? There should be a picture of a person or a manikin with an item of clothing-- front and back views with an arrow pointing to where these measurements are derived for the 'click here' measurements.

This would help many of us-- armhole height or circumference? or arm circumference?? Need arrows pointing on the manikin as to where these are derived also.

Thanks in advance.

JJJ, your suggestions are great!!  However, QVC had really kept the "click here" option secret.  It has never been mentioned on-air that you can get the garment measurements by using the "click here" option.  They always say "see our size chart for sizing info."  So, if it's a secret, they're certainly not going to spend any time on making it more useful!!!

Super Contributor

High point shoulder is where the shoulder seam meets the collar, at the neck side. I always use the click here measurements to make sure everything fits. It has not failed. I usually only look for the bust, measurement 1" below armhole, length of sleeves, circumference of sleeves, so they are not too tight, waist, and hips. If it is a top, I will check HPS length to make sure it will not be too short, as I am long waisted.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

<There should be a picture of a person or a manikin with an item of clothing-- front and back views with an arrow pointing to where these measurements are derived for the 'click here' measurements>

Amen & so be it !

I would also like to see on every item with a waistband that has stretch to it the 'waist circumference extended' which I believe is the measurement when stretched out. Some items in this category has it , but some do not.

Honored Contributor

@fortune

It might be a TV secret but many of us do order online and watch the TV to see how it looks on models or how its styled or any details from the vendor to help us make a decision. So those 'click here' measurements really help when you are online. I do realize some of us phone the order in, but again if you ask C/S, they do have access to the 'click here' measurements and will go over some of the pertinent ones with the customer prior placing the order.

@terriebear

Even the definition in a dictionary here would be helpful too. I think the Q used to have a dictionary of common terms but HPS was never among those definitions. Some of us who sew, understand these terms and there are some like me, who left sewing behind when we graduated middle school.

@okaywitheasypay

Yes, I agree with you that certain garments should always have the waist relaxed and waist expanded measurements (pants & skirts).

Even certain garments like (dresses as a big example) should always include the waist measurements-- typically about 16" from the shoulder measurements. Many times I went to look at a dress measurement and there were no waist measurements to give me an idea if it was straight, A lined or indented so to speak.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼