Valued Contributor

Clear Packaging Is Not Exactly a Wise Move to Ship Items In

[ Edited ]

I just received the Lug TSV from the other day, that is to be a Christmas present. I know it was the Lug item without even opening the package it came in, because it was shipped in a CLEAR BAG.
Seriously? At this time of year, QVC decides to ship in clear packaging?
Thankfully, the person I am gifting it to was pre-occupied and didn't see it and also, thankfully, didn't go down to get the mail today.
Really not a good move, QVC.
My suggestion is to ship items in opaque packaging, preferably with no attention calling details plastered all over the outside

Trusted Contributor

Re: Clear Packaging Is Not Exactly a Wise Move to Ship Items In

@Quse   That is ridiculous.  You are lucky that you got the bag and it wasn't stolen. 

Esteemed Contributor

Besides the opportubity for theft, No ones business what I order. Dumbest thing ever

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

That's the silliest move I've heard of yet! Makes no sense at all!

Are clear plastic bags that much cheaper than the usual opaque plastic shipping bags?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

The bags are shipped directly from LUG, so they come from LUG in the clear packaging.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Quse definitely not wise, not now, but really when would clear packaging make sense?

i do remember a warning just before I signed out for my last QVC purchase that it could arrive in packaging that would reveal its contents. I didn’t care, but at least I had the opportunity not to finish the order if I did.

Frequent Contributor

I was also shocked when I got my Lug TSV in clear plastic.  I'm lucky that I live in a safe neighborhood but I dont' want my stuff shipped in clear plastic.

Honored Contributor

I'm only guessing that the shipments to LUG are in the same clear packaging that are sent to customers. 

In other words, say, they LUG receive a large box of various LUG items, all in clear packages. 

Then, LUG warehouse ships in those same clear packages.  Not double packaged.

Does that make any sense?  

Anyway, if they do put those clear packaged items into another (opaque) package, I'm only guessing that the price of the item will increase. 

p.s.  I wouldn't want anything shipped to me in clear packaging, but that's just me.  I guess that I'd learn to live with it without stressing myself out. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

@Quse   This must be new for Lug.   I was just thinking, I have ordered from them recently and it did not come in clear bags.  Wonder if it is a new policy.

Trusted Contributor

Since these items were shipped, from Lug, they have their own website, Luglife.com. 

If you're unhappy about this, you can go on there,  and let them know,  If they get enough negative responses, they might rethink their shipping!