Honored Contributor

Re: Classifying contributors (posters)

I have never liked the quotes, some threads just go on and on

@dooBdoo wrote:

I like the idea of the hearts (although I'd rather see a different icon)  in that we can let someone know we agree with their post, because it simplifies the thread and eliminates all the quotes and "ITA's." 

But I say that with an emphatic proviso:  I like the option being there within the thread...  but not as something to be added to some sort of "tote board" or "leaderboard" popularity contest.  I think that's a bad idea.

The displays of who's tagged the most, or "hearted" the most, or the "contributor" notations make me extremely uncomfortable, and I wish we had the option to opt out of all of those.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Vickiv wrote:
I am new to these boards but back in the early 90's I was on the QVC boards. So easy and fun. No bashing of posters. We valued everyone's opinion. I have been watching these boards for a long time and if you are new some people get nasty and think your opinion means nothing. Sad. I love the different topics and comments. Some are funny and some are very interesting. It's nice to see other peoples views on things. Maybe not how I think but that's ok I'm not perfect . I am not young but I am not old. I respect everyone on these boards after all we have a right to our opinions and give the poster respect which they deserve.. Who cares how many posts the best of the best made. If you made hundreds and hundreds of posts or a newbie like me just enjoy and maybe you can learn something new here. I know I did!!

Hello, vickiv and welcome. Smiley Happy

I kind of get what you mean. When someone has a low post count, they usually get called a troll or some such. Perhaps that will change now?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

@NC Bandwagon wrote:

@Vickiv wrote:
I am new to these boards but back in the early 90's I was on the QVC boards. So easy and fun. No bashing of posters. We valued everyone's opinion. I have been watching these boards for a long time and if you are new some people get nasty and think your opinion means nothing. Sad. I love the different topics and comments. Some are funny and some are very interesting. It's nice to see other peoples views on things. Maybe not how I think but that's ok I'm not perfect . I am not young but I am not old. I respect everyone on these boards after all we have a right to our opinions and give the poster respect which they deserve.. Who cares how many posts the best of the best made. If you made hundreds and hundreds of posts or a newbie like me just enjoy and maybe you can learn something new here. I know I did!!

Hello, vickiv and welcome. Smiley Happy

I kind of get what you mean. When someone has a low post count, they usually get called a troll or some such. Perhaps that will change now?

I think it depended upon what "topic" the "newbie" would post about. Very often I would see a "new" poster start an obviously hot button topic which they would than never come back and reply to......those were pretty obviously trolls.

I think the bigger issue with people with lower post counts was the fact they were largley ignored. Only the "known" posters and little "cliques" got responded to for the most part. Maybe some of that will change with this new format.

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

Trusted Contributor

I agree iluvhandbags. If you are going to start a hot topic then sometimes wrong buttons are pushed that causes anger. As someone new to this board my common sense tells me to stay away from stirring the pot.
Esteemed Contributor

I totally agree with the op.

Honored Contributor

It feels kind of contrived and their threshold to be a 'super' contributer must not be all that...  

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I don't give a hoot about the classifications either.  Give me back the 'ignore' button instead.

However, I have found one use for the hearts.  I am giving hearts to people whose threads (or whatever they are called now) I like to read so that at least I can go to my preferences  and click on a 'hearted' user and find a good topic.

So, if you've got a heart from me, I'm not a stalker, just trying to make some bread crumbs.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Contributor

I, too, have to agree about the classifying of contributors (posters) -- who cares if you are a super contributor or an occasional contributor.

You basically knew before who contributed on a regular basis to the forums by the number of posts listed along with their names.

With the changeover of the new forum I lost most of my listed posts.

I just wish they would have rolled out a tutorial for this new forum. 

Almost every forum topic has a complaint thread regarding this new forum.

IMO, QVC did not do a good job in rolling this new forum out to the users.

Honored Contributor

I'm so confused.

Valued Contributor

This post has been removed by QVC. Let's try to be kind to other posters, even if we disagree with what they are saying. Disagreeing is okay - but unkindness is not!