Trusted Contributor

Please do not send perishables by UPS SurePost. You might as well put the product on the back of a turtle.

I recently ordered Cheryl's Cookies. In the past they have been sent by regular USPS which is slow but not as slow as SurePost. Being close enough to Obetz, Ohio they arrived alright. 

This time they were sent by SurePost. Luckily I am a UPS Prime member and UPS upgraded me otherwise the cookies would not have been delivered until late Monday or Tuesday. Even though the cookies are wrapped they do become "dry" if not refrigerated.

As a positive comment. Of all the times I have ordered from Cheryl's Cookies these were the freshest and best cookies I have had so far from Cheryl's.

Honored Contributor

An air-tight cellophane wrapped cookie should easily keep a couple extra days for Sure-Post delivery with no problem, especially during cold wrather.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg   I have ordered from Cheryl's website a couple of times when they're having a sale.  It makes them cheaper than they are from QVC.  I forget how they ship them, but they are quicker than QVC.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

NickNack... Thank you! I'll look them up.

Trusted Contributor

Not really the point. The point being if you send them by UPS I can get them 3 to 4 days faster.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg - For what it's worth, the Cheryl's website uses FedEx for its shipping; sometimes that means standard FedEx delivery, but it can also be FedEx SmartPost, which is the equivalent of UPS SurePost. One tip: If you think you'd place more than one order from the website in a year's time, sign up for the Passport option—you pay $20 for your first shipment and then get free shipping for the rest of the year. There are also a bunch of partner specialty food companies/brands selling via the same site that qualify for Passport shipping. I never thought it would be worth the money, but just sending a couple of gifts in a year has more than paid for the Passport. Happy shopping...

Trusted Contributor

loriqvc ..... Thank you! I am getting alot of helpful information from people on the various forums and I want to express my sincere appreciation for their assistance.