1. Hosts need to stop talking w/their hands without showing the item details, colors specifically. So many times, hosts do not know the color names. In addition, why can't we just name colors by their color instead of a creative name that makes viewers wonder?

2. Stop Zoom!! I cannot stand watching/listening to the Zoom presentations on air. They are fuzzy, hard to hear, and the hosts talk over them.

3. Hosts have got to stop talking over each other! Its not a conversation w/friends. This is a sales presentation for viewers to make decisions about an item. We rarely see the item presented w/details and colors anymore.

4. Doubling up on hosts is a mistake. They do nothing but chat about personal stories. QVC could present more items per hour, if the programming was more streamlined.
Honored Contributor

Re: COLORS AVAIL & STOP ZOOM

[ Edited ]

It would help if hosts would stop obsessing over using sales tactics.  

I'm very tolerant, but one this morning kept interrupting the vendor with how many were sold updates.  

I haven't been watching much and this is one of the reasons why.  

Trusted Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I'm very tolerant, but one this morning kept interrupting the vendor with how many were sold updates.  

I haven't been watching much and this is one of the reason's why.  

The producer gives those updates to the hosts through an earpiece. They also tell them how what they are saying to the audience is affecting sales. 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

I haven't been watching much and this is one of the reason's why.  

The producer gives those updates to the hosts through an earpiece. They also tell them how what they are saying to the audience is affecting sales. 

@paixmcdao 

Yes, I know.  It's overkill and a real turnoff.  

It sounds desperate.  Probably is.  

Super Contributor

You would think by now we as customers would be use to it. They are told what to do and some of them do acknowledge that they are following the directions of the producer. There are many parts to that business and we as consumers want a lot and we want it our way. The things that we complain about is really no issue at all. The ZOOM part is here to stay even in my small business so get use to it. Technology is taking over so we will see more even with the IRS in the next few years. The old way of doing business is gone, and most people don't want to travel like that anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

@Utahmom 

Thank you! Perfectly stated! It is supposed to be about a sales presentation; colors, sizing, and design details. I don't like the zoom calls with the vendors either. They talk over each other, and they end up having personal conversations rather than details on the items being sold. Also, I'm tired of the hosts saying that the item is being purchased in multiples!

Respected Contributor

I was so annoyed one time at Marlo on HSN.  She was CONSTANTLY interrupting the vendor when he was in the middle of explaining something.  I must not have been the only one because the next day, she mentioned on air that someone had complained about her interrupting but she wanted to let us know that it was intentional.  She said they are trained to treat it like a conversation - back and forth talk - and not to just let the vendor speak until they are finished with their thought.  I was shocked.  I think it's a bad idea.  I WANT to learn things from the vendor and I'm quite okay with an HSN rep not butting it and changing the subject mid-sentence.