COLARS NOT STIFF ENOUGH TO POP

Thank you for all my woderful clothes from you.  One suggestion........ I have bought many of your tops and big shirts but the colars fal,l they need another interfacing to get them up there.  I love an uppturned colar.  .Placement  tops are $ to make but a one shoulder design would be nice.

Run with it Susan.  Love to see what you come up with. P.S. Thank you for the quality. I just took out severlal tops from the dryer that look brand new but are not.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: COLARS NOT STIFF ENOUGH TO POP

Susan loves to pop a collar - talks about  it constantly.

Me = hate it - so fake

Honored Contributor

There is an item called starch.  You can buy it in a spray can in the laundry aisle.  Spray it on collar iron and it will be stiff enough to stand.  Good luck

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

There is an item called starch.  You can buy it in a spray can in the laundry aisle.  Spray it on collar iron and it will be stiff enough to stand.  Good luck

only if it's a cotton shirt

won't work on liquid knit

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear ..........lol just gave myself away as to how many years its been since I have starched anything.  I did not know about the liquid knit but I dont want my collars stand up anyway.  Thanks for the lesson.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I purchase most of my clothes from Talbots.  They have the classic style I enjoy and their clothes last forever, at least in my case.  Their collars all appear to be popable, but I still have to iron them with a bit of spray starch to make them stand up.   

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@jackthebear ..........lol just gave myself away as to how many years its been since I have starched anything.  I did not know about the liquid knit but I dont want my collars stand up anyway.  Thanks for the lesson.

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

i don't do that either. it's so "the 80;s called they want their shirt back"