Respected Contributor

When Q offers buy more save more on a particular item, usually clothing, why do they charge shipping and handling on each one.  They usually come packaged in the same order.  This irks me.  If I saved $3. on the second item and was not charged additonal shipping and handling, then thats a savings I would go for.  Otherwise no.

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 You've hit on something I recently posted about and got a lot of hearts (people agree).

I complained that if they can still charge me $3.50 for each item (often the same but different colors) they could print out return slips for each item.

Now I get everything thrown into one large box.  It used to be they separated the clothes from ..... say kitchen stuff, etc.  Recently I received a large box...well several times, where everything, kitchen, clothes, etc were all in the box....together.

AND there was only one return slip (all typed in together).  The posses a problem if you want to return something immediately and wait to return something else (you have 30 days).

If the Q is going to charge me for someone reaching over (I assume) and picking up a blue (same size, same style) and throwing it in a box, they could at least (at the very least) print out a separate return label for each item.

At my advanced...ugh! age it gets more and more difficult to pick up and carry in some of these large boxes that can get very heavy.  They're heavy, not because of the individual item but because of the NUMBER of items thrown in together.

Esteemed Contributor

I totally agree!!!  It used to be if it was the same item numbef, going to the same address, the shipping was reduced.  

And, yes, everything gets shoved into one plastic bag or box!

Honored Contributor

This has been going on for several years and people are just doing the simple math that tells them they might be saving $1.?  It's probably closer to nothing now that they've hiked the s&h charge.  I haven't heard them pushing "buy more, save more" as much as they did.  I'm sure there was a lot of hilarity in the executive suite when they initiated this concept.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I assume shipping and handling charge is for boxing and sending.  If they now put several things in one box they are saving money.  If I buy the same item in 2 different colors where is that extra work or shipping charge for them?  They save, we lose.

Contributor

The Q use to have half price shipping on the 2nd item + on the same items shipped to the same address.

Contributor

Re: Buy more Save more

[ Edited ]

Why is QVC charging shipping per item anyway? Seriously? It’s ridiculous and speaks to how much they care about their pockets over their customers. If people would stop order items that are attached to a ridiculous shipping fee, they would stop this nonessense. They can afford (more than afford) to offer free shipping on all orders over $25 just like Amazon does. And mind you QVC’s Shipping is SLOW. They have a warehouse 1 hour from my house and it takes 6-7 days for me to get the item. Amazon charges - zero shipping and I get my items within 4 days max, often times before 4 days. Shame on QVC

Contributor

@JDiva wrote:

Why is QVC charging shipping per item anyway? Seriously? It’s ridiculous and speaks to how much they care about their pockets over their customers. If people would stop order items that are attached to a ridiculous shipping fee, they would stop this nonessense. They can afford (more than afford) to offer free shipping on all orders over $25 just like Amazon does. And mind you QVC’s Shipping is SLOW. They have a warehouse 1 hour from my house and it takes 6-7 days for me to get the item. Amazon charges - zero shipping and I get my items within 4 days max, often times before 4 days. Shame on QVC

Could not agree more.  Would be interested in the Breezies TSV coming up, but what's the point?  Buy more, save more is $3.00 off each additional item beyond the first, but QVC will still charge $3.50 per item.  I also agree with you regarding the slow shipping.

Honored Contributor

I haven't heard the "buy more, save more" for a while.  Everything is "easy pay" and you get can easy pays on any item if you have their Q card.  I think that is mentioned on every show.  (channel changer)