New Contributor

I whole-heartedly agree with the complaints about the Bridgeport, NJ depot. It's so bad that QVC should alert customers if an item has to be processed there so they could avoid ordering the item. Some items from HSN are also processed there, which probably contributes to the logjam. Whenever I see that my order is in Bridgeport, I groan out loud, "Oh, no. Not again!"

Valued Contributor

It's happening in Albany, New York too! It's mail innovations. The cheapest way to ship a package. Ups surepost is handled by the Post Office first.  QVC is just to cheap to send it out like other companies do!

Occasional Contributor

What a joke.

I've had a package sitting in Bridgeport since July 3rd, that's what Track Return says, and then it will be sent to Kearney where it will sit some more.

My returns are the same never move just sit somewhere never credited although you are still charged Easy Pay for items you don't even own.

I refuse to order from QVC anymore until they improve their shipping and return procedures.

Honored Contributor

Mine finally arrived this morning after sitting in Bridgeport since 7/14

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Bridgeport, NJ

[ Edited ]

Have had multiple packages routed through Bridgeport, NJ and disappear--refund or replace required--generally get refund, do not want to go through it again.  Wonder how many other buyers have experienced the same incompetence with Bridgeport, NJ USPS. Waiting for pkg from HSN stuck at Bridgeport for about 5 days now. We have a USPS here in MD next to DC, not a PO I want my items to go through since not on my routine track route, although last couple months have had 2 pkgs go through that PO, why?  Several years ago lost 2 packages routed through there and they are known as being corrupt. Vendor could not replace since discontinued wool yarn and would not refund, said my fault for choosing USPS mail option. Bank reimbursed.  Guess this one is not the only corrupt USPS!

Trusted Contributor

Renewed dread!  

I ordered something from Lands End that took extra time and money because I chose an added embroidery design plus personal monogramming.

It finally shipped from LE in Wisconsin via UPS Mail Innovations, and arrived in Bridgeport, NJ today for the handoff to USPS.  It's "scheduled" (a very arbitrary term) for Saturday delivery--farcical because that means it needs 3 days to get from Bridgeport, NJ to Brooklyn, NY, even though it only took 2 days to get from Wisconsin to NJ!  

I estimate that if it is delivered at all, I won't see this thing until Tuesday or later. I have no confidence it will be delivered on my best guessed date, could be much later, if at all.  

UPS Surepost packages can be upgraded through UPS MyChoice to stay with UPS routing and not go to the postal service for final delivery. But Mail Innovations packages do not get the MyChoice upgrade option. So I'm stuck here and thoroughly discouraged that this personalized item will not arrive.

Lands End will make good and replace the item, of course, after I complain following exceptional wait time. Then they will redo the order for further wait time for the personalization. And then they'll ship the same heckin way and it's a cr*p shoot if I get this at all. 

Getting a tracking report showing my purchase arriving at Bridgeport, NJ is disheartening.  This is not a QVC problem only. Two shipping carriers working an overloaded package delivery system with very little coordination is fraught with failure potential.

I joked earlier in this thread. For all of us looking forward to things we've bought, there is very little funny about Bridgeport, NJ package handling. 

Super Contributor

@Truth Seeker wrote:

I whole-heartedly agree with the complaints about the Bridgeport, NJ depot. It's so bad that QVC should alert customers if an item has to be processed there so they could avoid ordering the item. Some items from HSN are also processed there, which probably contributes to the logjam. Whenever I see that my order is in Bridgeport, I groan out loud, "Oh, no. Not again!"

I say the same thing when I see my things arrive there!

Super Contributor

@gizmogal"Renewed dread" LOL....I laugh because you are funny, but the scenario not so much.

Super Contributor

You know, I posted this originally as a joke, but I wonder...

I've had a few things never make their way to me and have received a refund or replacement. A couple weeks ago, I wanted a skirt that was out of stock in my size and the color I wanted. I checked ebay and found it there. The seller claimed it was new, and it did seem new and unworn when I received it.  But this seller had pages upon pages of QVC clothes. And not older clothes.but new, current styles currently for sale. I can see someone buying from QVC and wearing them once and trying to resell. Or maybe didn't want to pay to return so they resell on ebay. But pages and pages of "new" clothes? I have not researched this, but I am sure there are a lot of our missing things being sold on there!

Respected Contributor

Bridgeport is the graveyard.   I have had two packages leave there never to be seen again!  Not just from QVC but other retailers.  If I follow tracking and see a package is in Bridgeport I hold my breath until it arrives.