Occasional Contributor
for all that seem to have poor understanding of my suggestion on Bob fashion, it is ok cause mabe you dont have the same problem but remember he does no make clothes just to fit you. We all know about his fashion and want to wear them. I am not critizing your personal designer , I just want to join in wearing his fadhion but I need the trendy update styles to help his fashion to look good on me too. So dont be upset, lets all agree that each person has a right to agree or not agree withou insults. Thanks for your caring response and trying to help. Smiley Surprised)
Occasional Contributor
and I know a lot about Bob's fashion by reafing and buy purchasing to be able to try the pieces on hoping they will fit. How many pieces do you own?😊
Honored Contributor

I can't speak to the "shape" of Mackie's clothing, since I have none of his garments. But while I'd prefer to distance myself from the OP's posts, I do agree that his clothes aren't my style, and that they don't appear any different to me than those from the 70s - and yes, could use an update as far as prints, style and fabric before I'd be interested.

But I know that's just me, that plenty of others like his style and buy his clothing, and that he's iconic for some with exactly what he designs with no changes. There is an attraction in that in and of itself, and I get that. I just shrug and think "not for me" and buy something else, because I seriously doubt he's about to change a thing because I might consider his mdse if he did ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@nonobaglady wrote:
I love Bob's fashion b <t every time I order my correct size it does not fit correct. the tops are too boxy and all are short. I recommend that he get with the trend and update his style. Bob has his drawings presents before the real item, and that piece still looks like the drawing in the sixties. Go ahead check fashion in 1967 and compare to o off shoulder, highlow, shift and dresses and cardians, then compare. He needs to make cardians, and jackets more curvy and longer. they are short boxy and out of style. The material is still hard and not much spandex. I am a senior of sixty six and his clothes are too old for me. Bob, please soften materials, curv the hems, let material glide across body loosely. Just please update your beautiful fashion. Bob I know you understand what I am trying to say.

Qvc, could you ensure Bob sees this and take note. I started buying from him in 2011 and had to return all. Tops and jackets are too short and square bottomed and stiff. He needs to update into the 2000'at least! Smiley Surprised (

Don't you think it is a bit foolish to come on the BB and criticize someone as rich, famous, knowledgeable and has been worn by the best in the business like Bob Mackie?

I hardly think he needs any suggestions at this point in his life.  Most people would take suggestions from him!

Honored Contributor

@nonobaglady wrote:
and I know a lot about Bob's fashion by reafing and buy purchasing to be able to try the pieces on hoping they will fit. How many pieces do you own?😊

@nonobaglady  I would guess I own at least 3 dozen pieces of Bob Mackie, maybe more as I've been collecting for years.  They seem to fit the majority of shoppers just fine.  Can't say I've heard another complaint like yours. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment