Occasional Contributor
I love Bob's fashion b <t every time I order my correct size it does not fit correct. the tops are too boxy and all are short. I recommend that he get with the trend and update his style. Bob has his drawings presents before the real item, and that piece still looks like the drawing in the sixties. Go ahead check fashion in 1967 and compare to o off shoulder, highlow, shift and dresses and cardians, then compare. He needs to make cardians, and jackets more curvy and longer. they are short boxy and out of style. The material is still hard and not much spandex. I am a senior of sixty six and his clothes are too old for me. Bob, please soften materials, curv the hems, let material glide across body loosely. Just please update your beautiful fashion. Bob I know you understand what I am trying to say.

Qvc, could you ensure Bob sees this and take note. I started buying from him in 2011 and had to return all. Tops and jackets are too short and square bottomed and stiff. He needs to update into the 2000'at least! Smiley Surprised (
Occasional Contributor
please excuse typos. Thanks
Honored Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie need update

[ Edited ]

Bob surely sells a lot for a designer who is so far out of step.  I have many of his less-sequined tops, all of the embroidered flower designs, and they are a minimum of 30" long.  I have several of his dressier pieces and they are quite long also.   I don't buy much anymore because I have all I need.  

@nonobaglady Perhaps he's just not the designer for you and you'd be happier with another line.  Are you aware you can check the actual garment measurements, including the length, before you order it? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I love Bob Mackie's fashions. I do not feel a need for my clothing to be made to be  tight. Do you think clothing will make you have a perfect figure when you actually do not?

I seriously doubt if a famous and successful designer like Bob Mackie needs anyone on this board to tell him how to design clothing.

Respected Contributor

I like Bob Mackie's clothing.  Perhaps you need to try a different designer if his are not working for you.  For example,  Susan Graver's tops are frequently very long and might be better for you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie need update

[ Edited ]
Iam always amazed critical comments from new members. Not owning BM clothing not able to speak to his line. Cher, Has been with him decades as well Carol Burnett. Watched his shows on Qvc He knows what works for women of all ages shapes and sizes. Think might stroll over check out his clothes. Thanks for bringing his name to my attention. Talented designs and attention to detail.
Occasional Contributor
You are aware there is no need to buy when a non-new member can get Bob's wonderful fashion and is able to try on for fit in your own home can voice an opinions that could help create fit that satisfies more people without having to own the pieces. I have probably done that on more clothes than you own because as I said, I do like his fashion and hope Bob as one of the best designers can accept suggestion which will increase buyers of his beautiful fashion no matter what. thanks for your response.
Respected Contributor

My opinion, I hope Mr. Mackie does not change a thing !   There are so many other options to choose from if his clothing is not one's preference.   If we did not like his styles, than we would not buy.  He and Mr. Dell'Olio are the 2 remaining designers on QVC that I can always depend on for style, class, sizing consistancy, and great quality at good prices.

Respected Contributor

As a curvy pear-shaped 1X, I don't find Mr. Mackie's fashions boxy at all...and they always cover my tummy/tush area just fine! Everything I have from his line makes me feel well-dressed.

No spandex? Everything I own by him has some stretch in it!!!!!

Valued Contributor

@nonobaglady wrote:
I love Bob's fashion b <t every time I order my correct size it does not fit correct. the tops are too boxy and all are short. I recommend that he get with the trend and update his style. Bob has his drawings presents before the real item, and that piece still looks like the drawing in the sixties. Go ahead check fashion in 1967 and compare to o off shoulder, highlow, shift and dresses and cardians, then compare. He needs to make cardians, and jackets more curvy and longer. they are short boxy and out of style. The material is still hard and not much spandex. I am a senior of sixty six and his clothes are too old for me. Bob, please soften materials, curv the hems, let material glide across body loosely. Just please update your beautiful fashion. Bob I know you understand what I am trying to say.

Qvc, could you ensure Bob sees this and take note. I started buying from him in 2011 and had to return all. Tops and jackets are too short and square bottomed and stiff. He needs to update into the 2000'at least! Smiley Surprised (

You love Bob & his fashions but don't have anything of his since you returned it all?  That's like saying my favorite food is steak but I don't eat beef, it doesn't make any sense.