Respected Contributor

Re: Basic COTTON Tees Needed!!!

@Perkup wrote:

@WestieLover wrote:

Wish Denim & Co. would stock their Essentials basic COTTON tees!   Very few sizes available the last TWO YEARS and very limited color choices as well.   The tees D&Co makes to go under their blouses are NOT the same quality.  They have a different cut and thinner material.   I've had to shop elsewhere for BASIC round scoop neck cotton tees.

I know this may seem like a dumb question, but it's sincere.  I don't understand what is so special about pure cotton.  It tends to shrink when washed, even in cold water. It doesn't hold its' shape well, certainly not as well as cotton/poly.  I don't feel one degree cooler in pure cotton than I do in blends (but I admit I'm not a sun lover). And I don't think it looks as fresh after a few washings as blends. I love having a bit of stretch in my casual clothing, i.e. tees.   I'm sure that some people have sensitive skin that won't do well with blends, but I still don't understand the lure of pure cotton.  

Those of us who love cotton do because for us:

Cotton breathes! Cotton/Spandex or other synthetic materials do NOT breathe.

Cotton blends feel heavier.

I wash Cotton items in COLD and air dry, I have no shrinking problems.

I am not obsessed with "STRETCH" in my clothing as the Q hosts shout to the heavens- I am not overweight and don't need an item to stretch out.

Contributor

Totally agree about the 100% cotton.  Isaac does offer some options in 100% cotton.  I only wear the cotton/Spandex blend D&C in the fall & winter because they are waaaaay too hot to wear here in the South any other time of year.  Even a little t-shirt with 5% Spandex turns me into a little sweaty mess in warm weather. Nope.

Honored Contributor

@WestieLover wrote:

Wish Denim & Co. would stock their Essentials basic COTTON tees!   Very few sizes available the last TWO YEARS and very limited color choices as well.   The tees D&Co makes to go under their blouses are NOT the same quality.  They have a different cut and thinner material.   I've had to shop elsewhere for BASIC round scoop neck cotton tees.

@WestieLover

Not being a smart aleck, but ....  why not just go shop elsewhere?

As you can see upthread, there are better versions people can recommend with confidence.  QVC isn't the only retail game in town.   

We all have different style requirements, and fabric  preferences.    What one woman thinks is the perfect hot weather tee, another woman will consider flimsy.   Go find what works for you and stop waiting for QVC to come up with something.  JMO

Respected Contributor

@aoldgirl wrote:

As a long time QVC shopper/watcher may I  reccomend to you Lands End supima cotton , relax fit tees.  Short sleeve or long sleeve.  these are my favorites.  Long lasting and washes up nicely.  color never fades or get misshapen.  and when you buy 3 , I think,  they are cheaper. I like LE's lighter weight then Q or even IM's 100% cotton tees. Try one and let me(us) know what you think.  

@aoldgirl, I love Land's End products -- anything!  However, I no longer order because of the return shipping charges. 

The Sears store that I used to return Land's End to closed its doors.  The only reason I ever made a return was if the item didn't fit quite perfectly. 

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@WestieLover wrote:

I know this may seem like a dumb question, but it's sincere.  I don't understand what is so special about pure cotton.  It tends to shrink when washed, even in cold water. It doesn't hold its' shape well, certainly not as well as cotton/poly.  I don't feel one degree cooler in pure cotton than I do in blends (but I admit I'm not a sun lover). And I don't think it looks as fresh after a few washings as blends. I love having a bit of stretch in my casual clothing, i.e. tees.   I'm sure that some people have sensitive skin that won't do well with blends, but I still don't understand the lure of pure cotton.  

@Perkup

ITA ....   It cracks me up when someone says that 1 or 2 percent lycra feels "rubbery" in a cotton tee.   It's just so unlikely that such a miniscule percentage would actually (noticeably) affect the feel of the garment.    

IMO, I prefer all cotton panties, but everything else needs a smidge of lycra.    Just because.