New Contributor
So I just ordered a laptop on August 31st, there was a special on it that expired at midnight. Now when I ordered it was showing that it was in stock and this was around 8 or 9:00 pm. The order went through and it said my order was processing. But now it's saying backorder? What does this mean?
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Be thankful and call Dell and order only what you need.  QVC oversells computers.  My husband is in the computer software business and says to never buy from a tv shopping channel.  They sell more than you truly need.  Call Dell or another computer company and tell them what you need. 

Honored Contributor

Call QVC CS & ask them specifically about your "backorder."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

If you don't want to call Customer Service, you can try posting your question in the Customer Care forum.  Or you can page a moderator here for help.  (Or you can cancel your order and buy direct!)

New Contributor
I've ordered from QVC plenty of times and never had this happen before. I'm also a student so this is kinda they only way I can afford one..and my dad also works with computers so he told me all of what I need to look for in a computer, nothing fancy or anything.
Frequent Contributor

You need to call Customer Service @sbolden.

QVC Customer Care

@sbolden

Please send me an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and I will assist you.

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@sbolden

Please send me an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and I will assist you.

Beth QVC

To the original poster - please do this.  @Beth-QVC  has been a huge help to me on several issues I've had with QVC orders.   She's great and will do everything possible to give you information and help you.  She is much better than calling Customer Service (although she is a CS person - she's the cream of the crop!)

Frequent Contributor

I had this happen for the first time in August. I placed an order for a Judith Ripka ring for my daughter in law's birthday. She picked it out. I placed the order online and the order went through and it gave me an EDD time.No problem, Then I called back and asked for a faster shipping option so I could be sure I'd get it in time. No problem, she upgraded the shipping, gave me a new total and EDD. Well, when the item didn't come on the EDD I called to check on it and they said "SORRY it's on backorder" and we don't know when stock will be available. Then a day later I get that it's "IN THE PROCESS" once again and another EDD. Item didn't arrive called again and "oops" thay say it's still on backorder. Needless to say I won't get the item and THANKS TO QVC my DIL did not get what she expected for her bitthday because by them it was WAY too late anyway to get something else! ABSOLUTE nightmare and CS didn't know a "hill of beans" about the order. They need some BIGTIME improvement in CS!