Valued Contributor

Back to Basics, Please!

[ Edited ]
Sometimes change, just for change sake, is not a good idea. QVC has now become an example of the old phrase "throwing the baby out with the bath water". Too many of the things that made QVC a great company have sadly fallen by the wayside. Slow shipping, repetitive overnight programming, lack of innovative products being presented, and change in manner of presentation (that has really changed dramatically, and not for the better). QVC, you are fast losing your customer base, and sadly, you don't seem to be paying attention to the warning signs. 😔 
Contributor

well said!!!!

Regular Contributor

@Jeanne from VA wrote:
Sometimes change, just for change sake, is not a good idea. QVC has now become an example of the old phrase "throwing the baby out with the bath water". Too many of the things that made QVC a great company have sadly fallen by the wayside. Slow shipping, repetitive overnight programming, lack of innovative products being presented, and change in manner of presentation (that has really changed dramatically, and not for the better). QVC, you are fast losing your customer base, and sadly, you don't seem to be paying attention to the warning signs. 😔 

Agree...

Trusted Contributor

That is a big 10-4 (ok showing my age)

Esteemed Contributor

They are trying so hard to compete with other online companies, like Amazon, etc.  But in order to compete you have to provide more products (and brand name products)

free shipping, lower costs, free returns, exchanges and better customer satisfaction.....................instead they offer easy pays (not a sale) still charge shipping on all items no matter what their total comes to..............and i would say more then anything..........they are trying to gear their products these days often toward the younger viewers....they built this company on people who were home, retired, etc.  .............not young too busy to check things out audience.........they think apps, facebook, etc

will grab that audience for them...............not sure it is happening.  My grown up children WANT to go to B& M stores and 9 time out of ten want to see things, try them on, etc like we did when we were young............and if it isn't apparel....they always turn to Amazon.  I think QVC

should have stayed with the basics and brought in MORE

brand name products and i think they would be more successful.  People i think like myself would love to see more BRAND NAME COMPANIES join QVC and provide great deals.........established companies that when you mention their name you think of quality...... But i could be wrong...maybe their hours and hours of TSV, cutsey acting hosts, and the same designs brought in by every designer are selling...and i just don't realize it..............................

Valued Contributor

ITA 

~ Hope in TN ~
Regular Contributor

Face it - QVC is getting tired.  The products are stale, the presentations repetitive and dull, the TSV's way overdone and annoying.  The "throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks" philosophy isn't working.  How I'd love to be a fly on the wall and see what really goes on in their meetings.

Esteemed Contributor

I suspect that QVC is constantly trying to attract new brands to sell on their TV stations and online. But if you had a line of something, would you want to sell on QVC? You have to cut a deal with them and give QVC a percentage.  You have to pay someone to fly to PA and be on air anytime your item(s) is presented.  And, I believe, as I heard it here before, you still have to give QVC a cut of what you sell on your own website as payment for the advertising QVC does on your behalf.  Sure QVC reaches a lot of households.  And I for sure don't know any particulars here and maybe others can enlighten me.  But maybe the big brands are leary of entering deals with QVC.  

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

Brand named products don't need or want their items presented on QVC.  QVC wants too much of the perverbial pie.

Regular Contributor

@DottieD wrote:

Face it - QVC is getting tired.  The products are stale, the presentations repetitive and dull, the TSV's way overdone and annoying.  The "throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks" philosophy isn't working.  How I'd love to be a fly on the wall and see what really goes on in their meetings.

Talking about TSV's overdone. Today's TSV (Bethlehem Light Trees) were on all night and has been shown over and over again this morning.  I would say overkill describes it perfectly.