Trusted Contributor

I LOVE ALL OF THE BREEZIES PRODUCTS, BUT I BELIEVE THEY DON'T CARE TO CATER TO PLUS SIZE WOMEN.

Honored Contributor

Re: BREEZIES PRODUCTS

[ Edited ]

They also don't care about those of us who don't want a granny panty that goes above the waist.  You would think that those daughters would push for more better looking panties.  I can't imagine that any of them including the mother actually wear them.

Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65I suspect it's not that they don't care as much as it is that the more size and support we need, the costlier it is not just to manufacture decent bras but also to engineer them.  I had major difficulty finding a bra priced in the Breezies price range during the years I was 1X as well as needing a DDD+ cup always.  I never got my best look without stepping out of what I call mass market offerings like Breezies, but even something like Wacoal wasn't all that much better and for pretty much twice Breezies prices.

In the last few years I've lost about 55 pounds - so I'm no longer in the plus-size range.  Should be easier to find an inexpensive bra. right?  NOT!  Now I need a 32F or depending upon the bra maybe a 34DDD;  lots of that band width as well as some in the cup size, but so many of the 32DDD and 32F's really still aren't styled to work for my body.  Beyond frustrating, as you already know. 

So far, I've found no adequate coverage and support in anything near a Breezies price, and paying big money for bras for me is sort of like buying a new cesspool was years ago -  too many dollars for something no one ever sees and I have no choice.   

Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

I LOVE ALL OF THE BREEZIES PRODUCTS, BUT I BELIEVE THEY DON'T CARE TO CATER TO PLUS SIZE WOMEN.

@keithsmom65   Breezies bras are not supportive.  I am a 32C and can't wear them.  I ordered them one time and sagged terribly.  I wore it a few times and then threw it away.  It was awful.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

At least there are more lingerie choices, Bali, Soma, Playtex etc. offered now which is a good thing. Breezes for me are a hit or miss and not consistent.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@millieshops I know how you feel.  However, if you go to Nordstroms of someplace comparable and get fitted by a professional it will be worth every penny. 

Valued Contributor

@Pook - not only are they granny panties but the material is awful.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@keithsmom65 wrote:

@keithsmom65   Breezies bras are not supportive.  I am a 32C and can't wear them.  I ordered them one time and sagged terribly.  I wore it a few times and then threw it away.  It was awful.

@NickNack.  There are many styles of Breezy Bras.  Sometimes it takes trial and error to find the right one.  I have a lot more to support than you and I've found several.  The trouble is, once you've found one and like it, they discontinue it so you'd better buy a bunch.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@KKWAlol -  Been there, done that.    For years when I was plus size, Nordstrom didn't sell a single bra that fit me.  I've lost massive weight in the last few years and  was fitted there a few weeks ago -  and as you say, a very helpful staff.  She found exactly one bra on which she and I agreed was the best I was going to do from their collection. They just don't carry even now what fits me best.

Just went to an excellent local bra shop near me last week -  the fitter and I must have tried 2 dozen bras.. No brands that I've seenin a mall store.  Even with all those in "my size"  only 2 stood out and one of those had to be altered.

I was fortunate that my mother realized early on that, like her, I was always going to need an excellent fitter so by the time I was middle school age, we used the same bra shop.  The engineering has improved so much since those long-ago years and there are many more choices for us "challenged" bra shoppers.  Good thing for me because age has definitely created a whole new set of issues that determine what feels good and creates a good look on me.

But we agree -  finding a good fitter is something many women would profit from doing.  I know for me a good bra fit improves how I feel and how my clothes look, I just wish it were easier!

Contributor

you find great ones in Lane Bryant their own brand Cacuique

lots of colors syles and sizes and very comfortable prices good