Respected Contributor

@texanbybirth wrote:

It was on another thread somewhere about Beekman that a poster said she used products from GoatMilkStuff.com. out of southern Indiana--a family owned farm business.  I checked it out and can't wait to get a few products I just ordered.  They ship in cheesecloth type bags (no packaging) and you can buy half-bars and trial sizes of some items. Also explain what type of products to use for different skin types. (Yes, I know Beekman does this as well).  But I was really impressed with the articles they have on their website about the benefits and types of goat products to use.  I also had a question that I sent in on their site and got an answer back right away from PJ (the owner).  Yes, I have used Beekman and don't object to anything much except that they are coming off a little too "commercial" these days for me.  And the previous poster is right, I know the hosts and Beekman boys keep holding  those baby goats because they know you just can't switch the channel--those goats are just TOO cute. 

(By the way, on the goatmilkstuff site, there's a  live videocam where you can watch their baby goats. Also, I thought their prices were VERY reasonable with free shipping on a $50 order. I think their reasonable prices reflect that you're not paying for a lot of fancy packaging, etc.)

My bet's on Carolyn to host their QVC show, too!

ITA!  Been with them for years.  CS is amazing.  They answer any and all questions and are the nicest people.  Quality is the best I've found and their 1st ingredient is goat's milk.  

Honored Contributor

I think Alberti or Carolyn would work well with them......Or even Pat James Dementri.

Respected Contributor

Re: BEEKMAN BOYS

[ Edited ]

I love Beekman products.  Their soap is the creamiest soap I’ve ever used.  Yes, they can be pricey, but it helps to buy in bulk (i.e. Bounty Boxes, etc.), when they are on special, and you can save some money.  Their large bars of soap last a good 3 months, which is excellent, IMO.  I also love their body cream, lip gloss, and hand cream.  I have their shaving product in my wish list on HSN and hope to try it soon.  I can’t forget to mention the Goat Poop!  I’m on A/D for that at HSN. 😀 🐐

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Valued Contributor

I used one of their soaps at a hotel my sister was staying in, to wash my hands. Instantly, my hands felt dry, like the moisture had been sucked out. There was also some kind of film left, that I could not get off. I don't know what scent it was ,but it stunk terribly and I could not wash the bleck-y off for hours. This was just from one wash with an amenity bar!

I'll be passing on their products. I buy soap from a local soap maker that I love..

Honored Contributor

@Quse - I didn't know Beekman had toiletries in hotels. Which hotel was it? A national chain?

We've been using Beekman 1802 products for a while now and haven't noticed any adverse issues.  Perhaps you had a reaction to a particular ingredient.  The goat milk soap certainly shouldn't cause that.

Valued Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Quse - I didn't know Beekman had toiletries in hotels. Which hotel was it? A national chain?

We've been using Beekman 1802 products for a while now and haven't noticed any adverse issues.  Perhaps you had a reaction to a particular ingredient.  The goat milk soap certainly shouldn't cause that.

No, not a national chain, a local hotel in small town NY..The Craftsman Inn. I can't remember the name of the scent, I looked it up directly after, and it's one of Beekman's popular ones.
I didn't have a reaction, per se, it was more like the feeling I get when I use drugstore soaps or chemically "soaps", which surprised me, becauase Beekman supposedly is a true soap. It left me with some kind of nasty "film"/coating...and I REALLY did not like the scent. I can't imagine showering my whole body with that...

Respected Contributor

I have used their bar soaps for a couple of years  now and have had good results.  My favorites are the pure goat milk and the honey and oats. Honey and oats has a bit of texture to it.  Sometimes I like that; it is like a scrub.  At one point they had a linden.  I bought that.  The soap worked fine, but there was no linden flower smell.  We have a small leaf linden tree in our back yard and when the flowers come out in late spring it is a delightful scent.  I was expecting that fragrance but did not really get it with the bar soap.  Other than that, I have never been disappointed in their products.  I ordered their first QVC TSV.

Regular Contributor

Really...goats??? Didn't like them on EVINE and not watching them on the Q.

Trusted Contributor

@corita wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

i've tried a few of their products in the past....thought they were average and over-priced......jmo....

------------------
       Agree....way over priced!  I tried several items and was not wowed by them.  The lip balm was the best of the items I did try.  Had to throw out their body creme...scent was so strong!!

The 'hi neighbor' shtick was way overplayed!!

Yep way overpriced.  You can buy a 10.5oz. bar of goat milk soap made in USA at TJ Maax for $3.99.  Look what these "boys" are charging!!!

Contributor

Yes they have body cream..  and  body wash also.. Not sure they have body wAsh on the A check hsn or their web site