Frequent Contributor

AutoShip - Please send email ahead of shipment so changes can be made

Other online retailers give this 'courtesy' to their autoship subscribers which allows them to make a change if necessary.  I am a big autoship user at several online retailers and I love/rely on the email notification that the shipment will soon be made and that I have an opportunity to make changes if necessary.  

I've recently received an order of mine that I really didn't want, but I had forgotten when the next shipment would be (easy to do...my life doesn't revolve around checking my autoship items on QVC).  End result will eventually be cancellation.

Please provide this 'industry standard' feature (standard at least in my mind!). 

thank you!

Respected Contributor

Re: AutoShip - Please send email ahead of shipment so changes can be made

I get an email reminding me of the auto-ship about a week before the scheduled ship date then a second one after the item ships.

Frequent Contributor

Hum...I wonder why I only received the shipment email.  I specifically remember receiving it and going straight to QVC to delay, but it had been shipped.  

If I'm wrong QVC, then I publicly apologize for my error! Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

I always get an email reminder for auto shop products....about 2 weeks before the item is shipped which gives me the chance to change the date or the configuration of the product...like changing a fragrance, etc.....are you signed up to get the notification....you should call customer service as ask them.

Honored Contributor

Not sure this is always done, but I did receive pre-notification about an AD that arrived here two weeks ago....

Also, I do check my AD list at the beginning of every month to make certain I want what might arrive and, in my case, that the address on the delivery is correct.  It does help to do the whole month at one time;  if I don't want something, I just skip the shipment.  I don't think that's too much personal responsibility although I suppose the generations after me will all want some technological handholding. 

Super Contributor

Sometimes I get an email reminder from QVC a couple weeks before other times o just get a ship notification. There is no consistency. I agree everywhere else I shop always gives a notifcation

Honored Contributor

I get an email, too.  But the problem is that you are still hard-pressed to be able to cancel, or skip, a given order.

Even if it's a week or two ahead of time I've tried to cancel a shipment and can't even remember one time I was successful in doing so.

Therefore, I think what would serve the customer would be, as the OP stated, to send an email at some point where the customer can make a change.   

I get this from Amazon every month, for my auto-deliveries.  It gives me a day by which I can make any changes.   This is as it should be.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skittles wrote:

Other online retailers give this 'courtesy' to their autoship subscribers which allows them to make a change if necessary.  I am a big autoship user at several online retailers and I love/rely on the email notification that the shipment will soon be made and that I have an opportunity to make changes if necessary.  

I've recently received an order of mine that I really didn't want, but I had forgotten when the next shipment would be (easy to do...my life doesn't revolve around checking my autoship items on QVC).  End result will eventually be cancellation.

Please provide this 'industry standard' feature (standard at least in my mind!). 

thank you!

While I have received courtesy emails a few times,  I really don't think it's asking too much for people to take some responsibility and check their own accounts ... even once a month.    

I review my account weekly, and yes, I DO have a life, too,  so that's no excuse!

After all, when you signed up for an item on Auto Ship, YOU asked for them to continue sending it ....  right?    If you change your mind, it's up to YOU to let QVC know .... they're not mindreaders!

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well Tinkrbl44 .., there's really no reason for you to 'attack' me.  I don't believe I directed any of my frustration to you.  It was all to QVC.

I am merely frustrated by not receiving something that other online retailers CONSISTENTLY send.  From reading other posts, it appears that sometimes people have received notice and others haven't...so I'm not completely off base...only a little bit.

And yes, I signed up (of course I did)...yes, it is my responsibility, but yes, since I can expect that from other retailers, it means that if I want that service and it isn't offered from QVC in quality manner, then I won't be using that service any more.  Simple as that.  

I'm glad you have a life as well!  I hope it's a happy one and that all your orders come through properly.  Have a lovely day! 

Oh...and I also don't believe that I asked QVC to read my mind. 

Honored Contributor

@skittles wrote:

Well Tinkrbl44 .., there's really no reason for you to 'attack' me.  I don't believe I directed any of my frustration to you.  It was all to QVC.

I am merely frustrated by not receiving something that other online retailers CONSISTENTLY send.  From reading other posts, it appears that sometimes people have received notice and others haven't...so I'm not completely off base...only a little bit.

And yes, I signed up (of course I did)...yes, it is my responsibility, but yes, since I can expect that from other retailers, it means that if I want that service and it isn't offered from QVC in quality manner, then I won't be using that service any more.  Simple as that.  

I'm glad you have a life as well!  I hope it's a happy one and that all your orders come through properly.  Have a lovely day! 

Oh...and I also don't believe that I asked QVC to read my mind. 

Sorry, skittles, but I don't believe I was "attacking" you.   You posted a thread and expected responses (I assume),  and I disagree with your expectations.   Sorry if that offends you, but that wasn't my intention!