Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I understand that moderators can poof a thread at their individual discretion - I'm not complaining about that or disputing that. It is what it is.

But it does sort of invalidate the rationale a bit when the reason given didn't happen. Case in point - a reason given as "argumentative" when the thread was not at all argumentative, i.e. there weren't any actually hostile posts between posters or serious or rude disagreements between posters.  "Inappropriate"? Okay, that's strictly at the discretion of the moderator and again, it is what it is. No point in disputing that sort of judgment call. But maybe reserve "argumentative" as a reason for those threads that actually are argumentative, and try not to use it for a reason when no part of the thread was argumentative (heated words between individual posters who forcefully and oftentimes rudely disagree is my personal definition). Just a thought.

Here we go again.  This poster has complained about the Mods' judgment so many times on this board.   What you think about a post isn't necessarily whatthe mods think about it.  It's subjective.  Just accept their decisions and move on.  You have many threads like this on the board - you can't fight city hall because it's QVC's rules and emplyees deleting posts.  So just live with it or find a board that is more to your liking or start your own. These kinds of threads just don't change anything.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

My local radio news station (WTOP) announced today that they will no longer have a "comments" page on their website.  Too many problems with comments.  People bring such actions on themselves, ultimately penalizing everyone else.  Maybe that's their intent.  I won't be surprised when QVC gives up on their boards.

Typically, news sources do that because they don't bother with *any* human monitoring on a frequent or continuous basis, i.e. there's NO moderation. And typically, the garbage posts occur because they are hit and runs and the posters can't be held accountable.

In QVC's case they do have a registration of posters, and they do have moderation - so QVC's forums would never get like the news media sites.

Also, there is the fact that once a poster is here on the forums, they are MUCH more likely to check up on what's being offered for sale. If it wasn't for the forums they wouldn't come to the website at all in many cases.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative and off topic

Esteemed Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

My favorite reason given by the moderators for deleting a post on occasion is "because."  I guess they just run out of reasons.

-------------------------

Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

Wanted to add that I too feel overall the moderation task is handled very professionally. I just don't try to read too much into the reasons given.

---------------------------

I don't really read too much into what the posters write.  I read this forum as a fun, enjoyable, leisure activity!  I have learned about things - products, TV shows, events, people, health etc. 

If I agree fine and if I don't fine..sometimes I add to the post and sometimes I don't!  But I don't let anyone's post upset me...then it becomes a wasted activity and not fun!!!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Argumentative ...

[ Edited ]

never mind

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

It seems to me that this entire thread is challenging moderation and therefore a TOU violation.

LOL

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

This is an honest question and not a criticism: Why take this so seriously? I read this section out of curiosity because I obviously don't understand the issue or the idea of being so concerned about a forum section on qvc. I think if you are that involved or invested in this, you might want to step back and get more involved in the real world. I don't mean to sound rude, but, to repeat, I clearly don't understand how anyone can take this seriously. What am I missing? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde

Aaaaaand then there are the unpaid, freelance mod wannabes!

Smiley Wink

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

This is an honest question and not a criticism: Why take this so seriously? I read this section out of curiosity because I obviously don't understand the issue or the idea of being so concerned about a forum section on qvc. I think if you are that involved or invested in this, you might want to step back and get more involved in the real world. I don't mean to sound rude, but, to repeat, I clearly don't understand how anyone can take this seriously. What am I missing? 

I'm not sure why you think starting a thread on something, or commenting on something, automatically means it is of  heavy-duty, deadly serious, sleeplessness-inducing import.

I'm not sure why you (apparently) think every post made on these forums is "serious" in intent and weight, or perhaps that it "should" be vetted as so (by whom?) in order to be posted?

What you're "missing" is the non-judgmental gene, I think. With all due respect and not meaning to sound rude - just as you say you aren't trying to be.

I noticed in another recent thread that, having no actual interest in the thread, you yet felt it necessary to post stating that the topic (person) was "awful" and wondered why anyone would "waste time on such junk", thereby passing a clear judgment on just about everyone participating in that thread. Serious question - why would you post that? "Stepping back" might be a good idea for you too.

I said nothing, as I was just reading after all, but I wondered at the time what your reaction would be if someone went into a thread and trashed what you said or thought? 😎 I anticipate you wouldn't be the cool cucumber.

People start, and post in threads on these forums for all kinds of reasons. Something occurs to them, and they muse on it. They see something, and want to discuss it. Few of them are going to go to bed sobbing if things don't turn out as they hope.

The thing is, what you, or any one of us on the forums, considers "worthy" (or not) of concern or discussion is pretty irrelevant - as is the degree of investment *others project* onto the subject. And to question and judge why others watch, do, think, care based on your particular psychology is also irrelevant.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all