Respected Contributor
I've just noticed that my paragraphs are disappearing when I respond to a post and my response appears as one long paragraph. This was one of the things that was fixed in the forum update and now it seems to be gone, at least for me. The other problem I'm having is that when I quote another poster, my response appears as if it's part of the quotation. Anyone else having these issues?
Trusted Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:
I've just noticed that my paragraphs are disappearing when I respond to a post and my response appears as one long paragraph. This was one of the things that was fixed in the forum update and now it seems to be gone, at least for me. The other problem I'm having is that when I quote another poster, my response appears as if it's part of the quotation. Anyone else having these issues?

---------

I tend just to create somw sort of line to separate my comments from the quotation or I use another color.  I did not know the issue was only on the iPad.

I also tend to double space to maintain paragraphs. I am trying the strategy now.  I'll see if  the strategy works now.  Smiley Happy. Fingers crossed.

Honored Contributor

Re: Another iPad issue

[ Edited ]

tucsongal wrote:

Both of these are issues whether you use an iPad or your computer.

To be sure the paragraphs format the way you want, you need to use "rich text" instead of "HTML."

Tap "Rich Text" instead of "HTML" above the box before you start typing.  (Also, in "My Settings," "Preferences," "Preference Options," you can make it a default by checking the box next to "Use the Rich Text Editor tab by default.")

To avoid your response being  a part of the quoted text, be careful to tap well below the quoted text (and I even hit a few returns before I start my response).  If you start typing immediately at the end of the last line of the quoted text, your post becomes a part of the quote, if that makes sense.

You also do have the option of typing your response above the quote.

hth!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

@tucsongal wrote:

To be sure the paragraphs format the way you want, you need to use "rich text" instead of "HTML."

Tap "Rich Text" instead of "HTML" above the box before you start typing.  (Also, in "My Settings," "Preferences," "Preference Options," you can make it a default by checking the box next to "Use the Rich Text Editor tab by default.")

To avoid your response being  a part of the quoted text, be careful to tap well below the quoted text (and I even hit a few returns before I start my response).  If you start typing immediately at the end of the last line of the quoted text, your post becomes a part of the quote, if that makes sense.

hth!

What I can't do is change the font style or the color when I've quote someone.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@tucsongal wrote:

hth!

What I can't do is change the font style or the color when I've quote someone.

I'll try and see if it works.

I think it worked! 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's very "touchy" but it can be done.

Tap "QUOTE" and the cursor automatically positions itself immediately below the quoted text.

Hit return several times to be sure the cursor is well below the quoted text.

Gently scroll up to the menu bar (if you can't already see it) with your finger outside (not inside) the reply box.

Gently tap the option you want (like "Font Family" for example) and then either start typing or scroll back down until you see the cursor and start typing.

You have to be very sure you don't inadvertently tap within the quoted text at any time -- if you do that, what you type will become a part of the  quote.

In playing around with this on my iPhone and iPad, I think it works a bit better if you turn it to portrait mode rather than landscape if you want to customize font style, size, etc.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

It's very "touchy" but it can be done.

Tap "QUOTE" and the cursor automatically positions itself immediately below the quoted text.

Hit return several times to be sure the cursor is well below the quoted text.

Gently scroll up (if you can't see the menu bar) with your finger outside (not inside) the reply box.

Gently tap the option you want (like "Font Family" for example) and then either start typing or scroll back down until you see the cursor and start typing.

You have to be very sure you don't inadvertently tap within the quoted text at any time -- if you do that, what you type will become a part of the  quote.

In playing around with this on my iPhone and iPad, I think it works a bit better if you turn it to portrait mode rather than landscape if you want to customize font style, size, etc.

Giving it a try, dooBdoo.  It worked but I really had to baby it 😄

i rarely use use the landscape position.  Thanks!  

Honored Contributor

Actually, doo, it didn't take my font choice but the color worked.  Crazy place Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

You're welcome, tansy!  According to the QVC Social Team's post, they're aware they released the update for iPads/iPhones before all the bugs were worked out.  I hope they're aware it's still a wee bit "sketchy" when we try to add quoted text and font customization.

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone. I may not have been choosing rich text unless quoting, so will make that default.

I'm trusting that this will be a new paragraph, so next I will try to quote someone and see what happens.