Respected Contributor

Amazon’s newest return option....

[ Edited ]

Is awesome! QVC please offer a similar option to opt for a return code to be scanned at a UPS Store—they print the label, package the item, and immediately acknowledge receipt.  I returned an item this morning and had my return acknowledged by Amazon within 30 minutes. It took me all of 30 seconds in the UPS Store. No packages sitting for days at the PO and then me waiting for a refund days after the package actually gets to the return center.  Exchanges could be done this way too and replacements shipped when the bar code is scanned. No more “sorry, your size/color sold out during the 10 days it took the return center to process your request.”

i know not everyone lives near a UPS Store, but for those who do, this was simple and quick.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Amazon’s newest return option....

I so totally hate their new policy I want my prime membership dues back. 

We have no ups facility with hours outside business hours.  When you work, how do you return.  So I get to pay 6.95 to return, 

I hope they tank on this one. 

Frequent Contributor

@SunValley  I used Amazon’s new return system about a month ago to return two pairs of denim shorts that didn’t fit my hubby.  I couldn’t believe that all I had to do was take the shorts into the mail center (it services USPS, UPS, and FedEx) and give them my phone to scan the return code that Amazon emailed me and the guy took the shorts and he boxed them up and sent me on my way.  When I got home ten minutes later, I checked my Amazon account and I had already been credited my FREE return!  Amazon is looking better all the time!

Respected Contributor

I have returned so few Amazon orders that I was unaware that their other return options were changed in the process and also understand why this is not good for those who do not have easy access to a UPS Store. Leaving this as the only free option is understandably maddening.

But I would like to see a sImilar service as an additional option for QVC returns. The technology is available and would speed up return processing.

Respected Contributor

@kermiefrog It is so easy and none of the packaging headaches. 

Honored Contributor

@SunValley I experienced the same thing today. I wanted to return something and one of the options was to go to UPS, didn't have to have a box to put the item in, printed out a scan for UPS. Took it to them without a box and showed the scan, and they gave me a receipt. That was nice and easy!

Honored Contributor

had a defective item delivered last week. 3 out of the 4 items were fine. they sent me out a new one and told me that i have until the end of the month to return the damaged one. they sent me an email with a code that can be scanned. i can return it to a kohls, i can return it to a UPS store, i can call UPS for a free pickup.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

With so much of what QVC offers being available from other online retailers, easy pay is not going to save the day. The ease of returns and quick refunds and replacements will drive many customer decisions on where they choose to shop. QVC is making changes, but they seem reactive rather than proactive, and I wonder if they will again be innovative leaders. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with you.  I always check Amazon before I buy from the Q.  So much easier 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

I so totally hate their new policy I want my prime membership dues back. 

We have no ups facility with hours outside business hours.  When you work, how do you return.  So I get to pay 6.95 to return, 

I hope they tank on this one. 

@Jtdmum - The scan codes don't come through well on my phone, so I still select the option of printing my own labels for my return packages and dropping them off at UPS acceptance locations (no additional cost for this). I'm glad the scanning approach works for many people, but I'm happy that I can continue to use the "old school" return option.