Contributor

Does anyone else find it odd how many of these different types of devices they have for TSVs? I think it's just overkill on this product. Maybe it's just me because I think they are useless. Rant over. Happy Thanksgiving, All. 

Valued Contributor

Useless is subjective.

However, let me get back to you after I count the number of Marie Osmond porcelain dolls I have insulating my crawlspace.

Honored Contributor

I'd much rather watch an Echo presentation than watch Josie grease herself or the Philosophy person make suds.  The electronic gadgets are very popular.  I've had an Echo since they first had them at Amazon and have thoroughly enjoyed it.  Its usefulness depends on how astute the owner is.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'd much rather watch an Echo presentation than watch Josie grease herself or the Philosophy person make suds.  The electronic gadgets are very popular.  I've had an Echo since they first had them at Amazon and have thoroughly enjoyed it.  Its usefulness depends on how astute the owner is.

You have to admit, if greasing oneself is useful she's very good at it.

Honored Contributor

I can’t figure out what I would do with one.  They are useless to me too, but they are popular with other people who own more than one.

It  doesn’t bother me how many times they are on as TSV.  My TV has many channels and I have kindle books on my iPad to keep me happy.

Valued Contributor

I bought my parents an Alexa for Christmas, we'll see how it goes. My mother is a tech genius and is the first person I know who ever had an Apple. As a matter of fact she introduced them to the school she was working at. However I'm sure she views this as a spy device, as she doesn't have one yet. So that will be interesting if she opens it up to see if the NSA inserted anything. My father is a whole 'nother story, he hates tech but also hates not knowing the answer to random questions like who starred in Dr. Strangelove & what year did it come out, also what is the current temperature in Tennessee even though I'm in Alaska. 

I'm hoping it's a random present that pleases both of them. However I could get 'the eyebrow'. And getting that from a retired librarian might as well be getting a certain finger. You never, ever want to get the eyebrow.

As for QVC showing too many of these type of products, that's the way it is. If something takes off financially they will show it until they beat it into the dirt and you hate it, like the flash pad.

Honored Contributor

I don't think the TSV's are so odd just because I don't want to buy them all that often.  If all they tried to sell were what I wanted, they'd be out of business in a month!

Esteemed Contributor

@NorthernLights That was very funny, I love the NSA thing!!!Smiley LOL

Super Contributor

Re: Amazon Echo, etc.

[ Edited ]

@macadoo wrote:

Does anyone else find it odd how many of these different types of devices they have for TSVs? I think it's just overkill on this product. Maybe it's just me because I think they are useless.  

Possibly because of the holidays and electronics are a very popular gift item.  Ever notice how many TVs there are on sale in stores right now?  And, wow!  the low prices, I just had to get one for an extra room last Christmas with the deals.

Super Contributor

@NorthernLights  However I'm sure she views this as a spy device, as she doesn't have one yet. So that will be interesting if she opens it up to see if the NSA inserted anything

Funny, but truer than people might think.  Wasn't there just something about a chip inserted into one of the newer iPhones?  Cell phones can be tracked, newer cars, and the cameras, and our "smart TVs, laptops and computers.  There is full disclosure Amazon Echo, Google Home, and other devices are "always listening" and to use the shut off feature if privacy desired until a person wants to use the device.  

If anyone listens in at my home they will fall asleep from boredom!