Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alberti needs his own primetime show

I would think that with Lisa Mason returning there may be even fewer opportunities for the "off-hour" hosts to shift into, unless some hosts want to work fewer hours. Some of them are on so often they might want to lighten up on the air-time.

Respected Contributor

Hello, carolsenn and welcome. Smile

I love Alberti Popaj. He's my favorite host on QVC. But he's still considered a new host, so he still gets the lame hours (1:00 a.m., 11:00 P.M.) until he gets promoted to better hours.

@molly47 and JCF, welcome as well.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Trusted Contributor

But don't forget, just like Gabrielle, some host prefer the overnight shift, as it suits their lifestyle, and may select it as their preference, even after their original training period is over.

For the day timers, I hope he works days later on. For myself, I enjoy him immensely during the quiet of the night. he is so very entertaining. We correspond by email daily and he has such a humongous sense of humor ! He can crack you up over the smallest thing. I would love to be his neighbor, we laugh our lives away !!

BTW, he IS as intelligent as you think he is and more. He has such a variety of interests that he has delved into since childhood that I find him one of the most well-developed and intelligent people I have met in a very long time!

His Mother did an incredible job raising him to be so well -rounded as well !

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/12/2015 Yammy25 said:

Why can't we express ourselves a bit more softly and not so aggressively ?

And yet you continually bark out orders to other posters about what they may and may not post. I believe I've seen several posts where you command ""This must Stop"".

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/14/2015 Yammy25 said:

But don't forget, just like Gabrielle, some host prefer the overnight shift, as it suits their lifestyle, and may select it as their preference, even after their original training period is over.

For the day timers, I hope he works days later on. For myself, I enjoy him immensely during the quiet of the night. he is so very entertaining. We correspond by email daily and he has such a humongous sense of humor ! He can crack you up over the smallest thing. I would love to be his neighbor, we laugh our lives away !!

BTW, he IS as intelligent as you think he is and more. He has such a variety of interests that he has delved into since childhood that I find him one of the most well-developed and intelligent people I have met in a very long time!

His Mother did an incredible job raising him to be so well -rounded as well !

I'm just tickled pink to hear that you have such a "close personal relationship" with him! {#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Occasional Contributor

On 4/13/2015 NC Bandwagon said:

Hello, carolsenn and welcome. Smile

I love Alberti Popaj. He's my favorite host on QVC. But he's still considered a new host, so he still gets the lame hours (1:00 a.m., 11:00 P.M.) until he gets promoted to better hours.

@molly47 and JCF, welcome as well.

Thank u NC Bandwagon. Hello

Super Contributor

On 4/12/2015 Yammy25 said:

The OP stated HER opinion as if it should be law. I don't even disagree with her, but I get very tired of everyone thinking that their opinion and beliefs must be the only correct way and ask (or expect) QVC to abide by their thoughts.

I don't know why anyone would bother to make such comments, as I am quite certain the Q knows more than anyone the qualities and abilities of each and every host, and if and when they would give them special programming.

If you were to say I believe such and such is a terrific host and would love to see them in a special slot or hosting a special program, that is one thing. But I get so tired of reading threads by people who write with such opinions that they believe (or sometimes insist!)

that attention be paid to their viewpoint as it seems to be the only one that is correct and matters.

Why can't we express ourselves a bit more softly and not so aggressively ?

This is the Suggestion Box. Of course the OP is giving her opinion. She's presenting her suggestion, not yours.