Contributor

QVC please start accepting split payments like other large retailers.  I cannot use a Discover gift card for a purchase and pay the remaining amount with my credit card so any Visa/MC/DSCV gift card is useless for purchases unless it covers the full amount.  Can you do split payment with a QVC gift card?  If you can that is very biased.

Honored Contributor

@badcupofcoffee wrote:

QVC please start accepting split payments like other large retailers.  I cannot use a Discover gift card for a purchase and pay the remaining amount with my credit card so any Visa/MC/DSCV gift card is useless for purchases unless it covers the full amount.  Can you do split payment with a QVC gift card?  If you can that is very biased.

Biased?    

Just use the gift card for something else and pay the whole amount on a regular card.

Honored Contributor

There is no way to do this when ordering online (presumably) or on automated phone lines, but I wondrr if the OP has tried actually speaking to a live order rep and asking to split the payment. Most B&M businesses do not *say* they will do it, i.e. specifically "advertise" it, but they are happy to do it. I suspect they (any business) wouldn't be thrilled to do it on a $75 item but would happily do it on a $200 item.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

I also think QVC should allow you to add multiple gift cards to your available balance. It is my understanding that if you receive two, $25 QVC gift cards, you cannot use both of them for one purchase.  You can only use one gift card for each purchase.  I would suggest a model like Amazon, which allows you to enter as many gift cards to your account as you like.  They keep them tallied up in your available balance.  If QVC has the capability of allowing you to add up store credit for items which you return and mark as credit toward future purchases, there is no reason that they shouldn't be able to allow you to add multiple gift cards to your account to beef up your availblle balance.  I receive multiple QVC gift cards for my birthday.  I have avoided making large purchases, because I have not been able to use all my gift cards at once.  

Honored Contributor

Last year when the q had the gift card promo, I loaded several onto my account and used them for multiple purchases and various amounts.