Respected Contributor

@SANNA  Didn't they just win the world cup in 1982?   and perhaps one other time after that also?

Respected Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

@SANNA  Didn't they just win the world cup in 1982?   and perhaps one other time after that also?

I has been a while for France.... But this is a new, Young and very promising team, they are just fun to watch.

Trusted Contributor

@CLEM@SANNA

France has won only one World Cup in 1998 - the World Cup 

games were played in France that year. 

Respected Contributor

So what ?! May be they will be lucky thi why not? 

Respected Contributor

@trenet wrote:

@CLEM@SANNA

France has won only one World Cup in 1998 - the World Cup 

games were played in France that year. 

@trenet I think you are correct.  I did remember the most wonderful game played between France and Germany in 1982 which France won, but it was a semi final game.    I haven't seen a game like that again.

Respected Contributor

I think this year cup is the most unexpected and unusual ever. Who thought Russia would go this far? Or Croatians? Or Germany!!! would be beaten by South Korea!!,

That Spain and Brazilwould show nothing interesting....

Sport is an unpredictable thing....

Respected Contributor

So happy to see France win!!! Amazing game! Amazing team! Vive la France!

Honored Contributor

Just watched video - The Castmembers from Epcot-France celebrated the French victory.

They were playing LaMarseillaise, singing and waving the French flag. 

Esteemed Contributor

La France est folle, i.e., France is crazy. I’ve been watching French TV and they are going nuts over winning the World Cup. It just so happens that my husband and I were in France in 1998, the last and only other time France won the World Cup. We were in Annecy, near the Alps. Every restaurant and bar had TV coverage and the whole town stopped. It was fascinating to witness the lunacy.