Honored Contributor

Re: Week Two of the NFL Regular Season!!!

An interesting first half for the Eagles. We lost àll three starting wide receivers, our second tight end, Carson Wentz was out for a bit and hasn't looked right after taking a hit in the ribs. We're down to one tight end and two wide receivers which drastically limits the formations you can use. Yeah, it hasn't been a great first half. Despite all that we're only down four points. We don't typically use a two back set, but we almost have to as there just aren't enough players still standing. This could be an interesting second half also. We're running out of players.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

Very tough loss for the Eagles last night.  I witnessed things I've never seen before in a football game.  Too bad about all the injuries, as a Redskin fan I feel your pain.

Honored Contributor

Just can't heart your post @Susan Louise. It's the coach, owner and a few players I can't stand, although I thought it was okay when their QB took that leap with his daughter this summer.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Just can't heart your post @Susan Louise. It's the coach, owner and a few players I can't stand, although I thought it was okay when their QB took that leap with his daughter this summer.

@AuntG  I have no control over the personal lives of those connected with my team. It doesn't change how much I support them either.

I don't know of a single NFL team that has/had no issues with at least one player or member of an NFL franchise.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

An interesting first half for the Eagles. We lost àll three starting wide receivers, our second tight end, Carson Wentz was out for a bit and hasn't looked right after taking a hit in the ribs. We're down to one tight end and two wide receivers which drastically limits the formations you can use. Yeah, it hasn't been a great first half. Despite all that we're only down four points. We don't typically use a two back set, but we almost have to as there just aren't enough players still standing. This could be an interesting second half also. We're running out of players.

@gardenman 

You were pulling for my Redskins and looks like your team got hit with the "REDSKIN'S CURSE"....sorry 'bout that....I wanted the Eagles to win so bad....now the Cowboys are in first place and all the sports guys here are giving the Division to the Cowboys already and are booking their reservations to the Super Bowl.....Well there will definitely be an opening for a team in the playoffs with Brees out, the Saints are out 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@waterlily wrote:

Very tough loss for the Eagles last night.  I witnessed things I've never seen before in a football game.  Too bad about all the injuries, as a Redskin fan I feel your pain.

Losses build character for a team. To still be alive in that game given all of the injuries that happened is amazing. We came up half a yard short of getting a first down and possibly winning the game despite all of that. I think it'll make the Eagles better over the long haul. We just need to get those guys back on the field before too long. For a bit there in the second quarter we were down to just two wide receivers (we started with five) and one tight end as receivers. Our starting center was out for a bit. Wentz was out for a bit. (Much against his will.) And we still could have won if Nelson Agholor hadn't let a touchdown pass slip through his fingers or if Ertz had stretched just a bit farther on fourth down.

As losses go, that wasn't a bad one for the team. You're on the road in a loud stadium with everything that could possibly go wrong going wrong, and you still almost win. Those kinds of losses are pretty easy to rebound from. In fact, they can be a good thing for a team. Your confidence isn't shaken by that kind of a loss. If anything, it gets stronger knowing you can overcome everything the Eagles had to overcome. 

If most teams lose their starting three wide receivers, a tight end, their center and QB, they're dead in the water. This team survived all of that and still almost won. It's not necessarily a bad thing. We just need to get those guys healthy and back on the field.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

That NFC South looks pretty shaky overall right now. Cam Newton doesn't look right. Brees is out for at least a few weeks and possibly the year. The Falcons almost lost to a crippled Eagles team. Tampa Bay is Tampa Bay. 

As for the Cowboys, things are not so stable there. Reports are that they're looking to move on from Taco Charlton. They don't have a lot of depth on the defensive line with Taco, so they'll be thinner without him. They have to still sign Dak and Cooper.

The Cowboys have to play the Eagles twice and this is still a good team, just a bit banged up for now. We have the Lions, Packers, Jets, Vikings coming up and there are three to four winnable games there. The Cowboys have the Dolphins, Saints, Packers, Jets, so another three to four winnable games before they face the Eagles the first time. The two teams are likely to be about even record-wise when they match up. It should be a heck of a fight. Our guys who got injured last night should be healthy by then. (Hopefully.) If not, Carson will have had more time with the backups and them more time with him. It'll be interesting to see how things play out.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

IMO and mine only, the number of injuries is directly related to the lack of minutes played in pre season/practice.  It is out of hand.

That being said, LIONS beat the Chargers!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

Big Ben is out for the season.

Oy.