Honored Contributor

Re: Week Two of the NFL Regular Season!!!

The coach firings have started already with Greg Roman, the Bills offensive coordinator, as the first victim. It used to be that no coach would get fired until the team was out of the playoff hunt, but in recent years teams start firing very early in the year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Didn't do too bad in my first week's picks.....so here goes week#2---Woman Very Happy

Jets/Bills--  Bills are a difficult team to figure out, the Jets made some turnovers which cost them the game in a close one against a good Bengal team......Gotta go J*E*T*S---JETS, JETS, JETS!

49ers/Panthers---Boy, someone must hate the 49ers at the NFL Scheduling Dept ---short week for the 49ers and have to go to the opposite end of the country and it's an early game too----and 49ers were underdogs to begin with---this game is definitely a W for the PANTHERS!

Ravens/Browns---Browns what can one say---they seem to be cursed RGIII is hurt AGAIN!!!   No contest---RAVENS!

Titans/Lions---Titans had a disappointing debut, meanwhile the Lions played well---maybe the changes they had to make with Megatron retiring was for the better....I say the LIONS will roar!!!

Chiefs/Texans---this should be a good game! 
I'm giving a slight edge to the CHIEFS and giving them the win since their QB has more experience than newly acquired Osweiler......

Dolphins/Pats---The Bradyless Patriots played well despite being shorthanded, even without GRONK.....the Dolpins put up a good fight in a tough place to play---Seattle, but gotta go PATRIOTS!  One person goes down and they have a person that slides right in---AMAZING!

Saints/Giants---The Giants D line played well.....Eli and the offense sputtered at times, but escaped with a win thanks to the opponents WR failure to get out of bounds for a FG attempt....the Giants O line still a question mark.  However, although the Saints have Brees at QB, but who else do they have especially on defense to help this team get wins---(and it looks like they will be capped strapped in 2017 too)....I'm going GIANTS (although secretly I wish the Saints would win to help the Redskins in the NFC East standings and won't have to hear my sister gloat---Woman LOL

Bengals/Steelers--- Could be a preview of the AFC Championship game---two good teams.....Big Ben looked like he was carving up a turkey at Thanksgiving dinner the way he carved up the Redskins secondary......and their running game and defense were good too.....  The Jets put pressure and sacked Andy Dalton, still Dalton found a way to get the ball to their talented WR AJ Green! Since Steelers are at home going STEELERS (I just hope they don't wear those HORRIBLE bumble bee uniforms-LOL)! I'll give my cat Figgy, the Bengal fan, extra treats to console her Cat Wink

Cowboys/Redskins-- Cowboys struggled with their running game despite having one of the best O lines in the league (maybe the best)....Dak did a pretty good job but they just passed way too many times.......didn't get the ball to Dez and relied on TE Jason Witten.....Cowboys defense was not impressive either.   The Redskins did not play well, but they were up against a possible Super Bowl contender and the Redskins were just out of their league---still Cousins looked rusty having played little in preseason, the running game continues to struggle (WE SHOULD'VE KEPT ALFRED MORRIS!) De Sean Jackson made some good receptions as did Pierre Garcon, but Jason Reed (the team's primary target was totally missing from the game plan.) The Redskins D line was almost non existent....and Breeland who had a decent year last year in the secondary was toasted.....Norman did not get put on Antonio Brown except for one time......Special Teams were good!!! There is definite room for improvement---the Redskins do have talent on the offense! Hopefully my Redskins can get back on track---PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE guys!!! Picking my team THE REDSKINS-HTTR!

Bucs/Cards---The young Bucs looked good, and Winston looks like he is headed to the elite category---he's lost weight and concentrated on football in the offseason and it shows.....their defense is pretty good too.  The Cards were a HUGE disappointment and except for Larry Fitzgerald they did not play well at all!!!  I'm going with a big of an upset and picking THE BUCS!

Seahawks/Rams----OY!!!!  I think the Rams could've picked a few fans that were tailgating in the parking lot and had better results---at least they may have gotten at least a FG goal. They drafted Goff but they don't activate him----I bet the St. Louis football fans are glad the team left town afterall and the LA Ram experiment will be a BUST for the NFL!---Seahawks squeaked out a win, but should have no problem---SEAHAWKS!

Colts/Broncos---Andrew Luck and the gang go to mile high---not an easy place to play. The Broncos have a young inexperienced QB but a tough (and sometimes dirty) defense..... I wonder if the officials will be watching this game closely and flags flown frequently after the fines some of the Broncos defensive players received from the League for those hits to the head in last week's game....With the understanding that penalty flags will be flying this game could be a toss up......but with that altitude advantage I'm going BRONCOS!

Falcons/Raiders---  The young Raiders and their gutsy QB pulled of a win with a gutsy play call from their coach!  I just don't trust the Falcons they are not consistent.  Going with DA RAIDERS!

Jags/Chargers---Phillip Rivers had a decent day and so did the Chargers, but they got a big blow with an injury to Keenan Allen.  For some reason I'm picking the JAGS! (my cat Figgy is a bad influence urging me to pick teams with feline mascots --Cat LOL

Packers/Vikings---Looks like Sam the man will start for the Vikings---new to the Vikings system and it will take time for him to adjust. This is an NFC Norse rivalry which will add to the festivities.  The Packers squeaked out a win against an improvin Jag team, but they have Aaron Rodgers.... Let's see newly installed Bradford vs Rodgers--PACKERS!

Eagles/Bears---  The Eagles with their rookie QB, Wentz, looked like the best team in the NFC East (but only one game has been played so we won't induct Wentz to the Hall Of Fame just yet---BUT he looked GOOD!)......The Bears surprised with a good defense (ranking 4th in the NFL) of course the Bears have THE MYSTERY FACTOR, Jay Cutler.....I'm going EAGLES in a close one!

Good Luck EVERYONE!

@Spurt  zWow!  Spurt!  You know your stuff - and not just cute pet pictures!!  Good luck with your picks.  You are from the DC area too I gather.

Honored Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Didn't do too bad in my first week's picks.....so here goes week#2---Woman Very Happy

Jets/Bills--  Bills are a difficult team to figure out, the Jets made some turnovers which cost them the game in a close one against a good Bengal team......Gotta go J*E*T*S---JETS, JETS, JETS!

49ers/Panthers---Boy, someone must hate the 49ers at the NFL Scheduling Dept ---short week for the 49ers and have to go to the opposite end of the country and it's an early game too----and 49ers were underdogs to begin with---this game is definitely a W for the PANTHERS!

Ravens/Browns---Browns what can one say---they seem to be cursed RGIII is hurt AGAIN!!!   No contest---RAVENS!

Titans/Lions---Titans had a disappointing debut, meanwhile the Lions played well---maybe the changes they had to make with Megatron retiring was for the better....I say the LIONS will roar!!!

Chiefs/Texans---this should be a good game! 
I'm giving a slight edge to the CHIEFS and giving them the win since their QB has more experience than newly acquired Osweiler......

Dolphins/Pats---The Bradyless Patriots played well despite being shorthanded, even without GRONK.....the Dolpins put up a good fight in a tough place to play---Seattle, but gotta go PATRIOTS!  One person goes down and they have a person that slides right in---AMAZING!

Saints/Giants---The Giants D line played well.....Eli and the offense sputtered at times, but escaped with a win thanks to the opponents WR failure to get out of bounds for a FG attempt....the Giants O line still a question mark.  However, although the Saints have Brees at QB, but who else do they have especially on defense to help this team get wins---(and it looks like they will be capped strapped in 2017 too)....I'm going GIANTS (although secretly I wish the Saints would win to help the Redskins in the NFC East standings and won't have to hear my sister gloat---Woman LOL

Bengals/Steelers--- Could be a preview of the AFC Championship game---two good teams.....Big Ben looked like he was carving up a turkey at Thanksgiving dinner the way he carved up the Redskins secondary......and their running game and defense were good too.....  The Jets put pressure and sacked Andy Dalton, still Dalton found a way to get the ball to their talented WR AJ Green! Since Steelers are at home going STEELERS (I just hope they don't wear those HORRIBLE bumble bee uniforms-LOL)! I'll give my cat Figgy, the Bengal fan, extra treats to console her Cat Wink

Cowboys/Redskins-- Cowboys struggled with their running game despite having one of the best O lines in the league (maybe the best)....Dak did a pretty good job but they just passed way too many times.......didn't get the ball to Dez and relied on TE Jason Witten.....Cowboys defense was not impressive either.   The Redskins did not play well, but they were up against a possible Super Bowl contender and the Redskins were just out of their league---still Cousins looked rusty having played little in preseason, the running game continues to struggle (WE SHOULD'VE KEPT ALFRED MORRIS!) De Sean Jackson made some good receptions as did Pierre Garcon, but Jason Reed (the team's primary target was totally missing from the game plan.) The Redskins D line was almost non existent....and Breeland who had a decent year last year in the secondary was toasted.....Norman did not get put on Antonio Brown except for one time......Special Teams were good!!! There is definite room for improvement---the Redskins do have talent on the offense! Hopefully my Redskins can get back on track---PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE guys!!! Picking my team THE REDSKINS-HTTR!

Bucs/Cards---The young Bucs looked good, and Winston looks like he is headed to the elite category---he's lost weight and concentrated on football in the offseason and it shows.....their defense is pretty good too.  The Cards were a HUGE disappointment and except for Larry Fitzgerald they did not play well at all!!!  I'm going with a big of an upset and picking THE BUCS!

Seahawks/Rams----OY!!!!  I think the Rams could've picked a few fans that were tailgating in the parking lot and had better results---at least they may have gotten at least a FG goal. They drafted Goff but they don't activate him----I bet the St. Louis football fans are glad the team left town afterall and the LA Ram experiment will be a BUST for the NFL!---Seahawks squeaked out a win, but should have no problem---SEAHAWKS!

Colts/Broncos---Andrew Luck and the gang go to mile high---not an easy place to play. The Broncos have a young inexperienced QB but a tough (and sometimes dirty) defense..... I wonder if the officials will be watching this game closely and flags flown frequently after the fines some of the Broncos defensive players received from the League for those hits to the head in last week's game....With the understanding that penalty flags will be flying this game could be a toss up......but with that altitude advantage I'm going BRONCOS!

Falcons/Raiders---  The young Raiders and their gutsy QB pulled of a win with a gutsy play call from their coach!  I just don't trust the Falcons they are not consistent.  Going with DA RAIDERS!

Jags/Chargers---Phillip Rivers had a decent day and so did the Chargers, but they got a big blow with an injury to Keenan Allen.  For some reason I'm picking the JAGS! (my cat Figgy is a bad influence urging me to pick teams with feline mascots --Cat LOL

Packers/Vikings---Looks like Sam the man will start for the Vikings---new to the Vikings system and it will take time for him to adjust. This is an NFC Norse rivalry which will add to the festivities.  The Packers squeaked out a win against an improvin Jag team, but they have Aaron Rodgers.... Let's see newly installed Bradford vs Rodgers--PACKERS!

Eagles/Bears---  The Eagles with their rookie QB, Wentz, looked like the best team in the NFC East (but only one game has been played so we won't induct Wentz to the Hall Of Fame just yet---BUT he looked GOOD!)......The Bears surprised with a good defense (ranking 4th in the NFL) of course the Bears have THE MYSTERY FACTOR, Jay Cutler.....I'm going EAGLES in a close one!

Good Luck EVERYONE!

@Spurt  zWow!  Spurt!  You know your stuff - and not just cute pet pictures!!  Good luck with your picks.  You are from the DC area too I gather.

@aggravated

Hi!  Believe it or not I live in Redskin enemy territory in San Antonio, TX (Cowboy Country)--  I am a long time Redskin and NFL fan...... The reason I became a Redskin fan is I just liked the players and coach of the Redskins ...Joe Gibbs, Art Monk, Darrell Green, Ken Houston, Dave Butz, Joe Jacoby, Ricky Sanders,  Donny Warren, Charles Mann, Monte Coleman, etc etc etc etc.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I wonder which Steelers the Bengals will injure on purpose this week. Hate Hate Hate them! I don't care if the Steelers win or lose , I just hope they all get out of the game unhurt.

Honored Contributor

It's game day!!! Some really good games throughout the day today! We get Pittsburgh/Cincinnati and Washington/Dallas as early options. Then the Colts/Broncos at 4:25 and the Vikings/Packers later tonight.

Sam Bradford will be starting for the Vikings tonight and he'll be fun to watch. If he plays the way he did in Philly, he'll avoid the big mistake, but he'll also avoid the big play. Even when a receiver is wide open down the field he'll typically check down to a shorter pass. Defenses figure this out pretty quickly and start to crowd the line of scrimmage knowing he won't go deep on them. Defenses will already be cheating guys into the box to stop Adrian Peterson and having Sam Bradford at QB won't scare them out of that approach. Sam's got to trust his receivers to make the play down the field for him and air the ball out a bit to stretch out the defense. We'll see if he does.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The early games in my area are Cowboys=Redskins on FOX and Bengals-Steelers on CBS. Tough choice as both games  should be good, but I'll start watching the Bengals & Steelers. Then I'll watch the Colts-Broncos ON CBS @ 4:25.

Now it looks like RG111 might be out the whole season. He has had so much trouble staying healthy. I wonder if his career is almost over.

SPURT, I have DeSean Jackson on one of my fantasy lineups because the analysts mention that it's a good matchup. If he doesn't produce, I'm holding you accountable. <<< just kidding>>>. The game is free, so it's not like I would lose anything. I just do it to see how many points I can get. I aslo ahve Alfred Morris in the lineup, so I'll see what happens.

Good luck to everyone's team. (Except Denver.)LOL

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

any BROWNS fans out there? first three BROWN posessions in the first quarter and they are off to the races with three touchdowns against the RAVENS. we have just settled for a blocked kick safety for 2 points. this game is crazy........not sure i can stand it. LOL

i didnt want to have to cry today.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

any BROWNS fans out there? first three BROWN posessions in the first quarter and they are off to the races with three touchdowns against the RAVENS. we have just settled for a blocked kick safety for 2 points. this game is crazy........not sure i can stand it. LOL

I think the Browns are a better team without RGIII. Josh McCown's a good quarterback.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

gardenman wrote:

Sunshine45 wrote:

I think the Browns are a better team without RGIII. Josh McCown's a good quarterback.

the ravens did it though......we pulled out a win after a sweet interception during the last twenty seconds of the game! we held the browns to the points they scored in the first quarter as we scored throughout the rest of the game. my heart is now back to beating at its normal pace again. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think this sums up my feeling about my Redskin game......

CsqTbDuUMAAbZNS.jpg

We beat ourselves and didn't take advantage of some opportunities, settled for a FG after a pick near the end zone. A defense that resembled a seive---Preston Smith & Golston out with injuries (positions where we could least afford it), although they played with more spirit determination in the second half.....Murphy stepped up and rookie Su'va Cravens may be our best tackler.  Penalties killed us....Kirk connected with some nice long passes, but he overthrew others, and missed wide opened receivers too.. ..and the biggest wound of all Capt Kirk was intercepted IN THE END ZONE (the score would've put us ahead by 10 pts).......Woman SadWoman SadWoman Sad

And to add insult to injury the Cowboy fans were chanting "WE LIKE DAK" (a sarcastic spinoff the Kirk Cousin's WE LIKE THAT after a Redskin win)........and Alfred Morris did his ole golf swing in the end zone for the Cowboys.....Woman Sad

@sunshine45

Wow! What a comeback by the Ravens!

CONGRATS to fans of all the winners.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”