Honored Contributor

Re: Week Two of the NFL Playoffs 2022!!!

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt 

The "experts" pick the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl every year. It's absurdly predictable. In the coming weeks/months the first predictions for the 2022 season will be coming out and guess who will be the favorite to win the Super Bowl? Yep. The Cowboys.

@gardenman 

You got it right, except for ESPN's annoying Stephen A., the media analysts are always biased toward the Cowboys--- But Stephan A.sure sure got the last laugh this year....😄

Speaking of the NFC East---the Giants want to interview Dan Quinn---interesting......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Gardenman, thanks for explaining this. It's risky that can come with high rewards, but if it fails, you're stuck. I don't care for this philosophy. I  hope that whatever the Colts do that it works out.

BTW, who should be Coach of the Year? Matt LeFleur and Zac Taylor and Mike Vrabel have all been mentioned. My first thought would be Zac Taylor because of how far he has taken the Bengals. 

@teganslaw 

I'd rule out LeFleur he has a little help there with a guy named Aaron Rodgers---the media people shouldnt even put him on the list of candidates......Im with you ---Taylor has done an excellent job with his young QB and team he went from 6-25-1 in his first 2 yrs to 10-7 and won the Division and is in the playoffs and did well in their first playoff game.....tougher Division than the Titans.....

I know Vrabel went 12-5 with the Titans but he has the Jags and Texans in his Division and they get to play these teams twice....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

If the Bills get to the Super Bowl, I hope it's a blowout win for them and not something where they have to try a last-second field goal for the win. That "wide right" voodoo hanging over them would have all of their fans having angina at the same time. If the kicker made the kick, it would erase that trauma, but the pressure on the poor kicker would be insane. It would just be easier on everyone if they didn't have to relive that.

oh no......i hope the superbowl is NOT a blowout. it will ruin the entire day! they are SO BORING! we need to see exciting games, especially for those of us who really have no team in the race!

@sunshine45 

Im with you I want a decent game not a blow out....

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Several quarterbacks were listed as possibly moving to different teams. Among them were Derek Carr, Jalen Hurts, Carson Wentz and Jimmy Garoppolo. 

Derek Carr's contract is up soon, and with the firing of Mayock, his future with the Raiders is up in the air. Carr, along with several teammates, want Rich Bisaccia to remain head coach, but no guarantee of that. 

Kyle Shanahan said two months ago that Trey Lance was the future quarterback for SF. Now that the team is headed for the Divisional Round, things could change. Maybe it depends on how far SF actually goes.

Not sure what is going on with Wentz and Hurts. Not enough information to guess what will happen in these situations.

@teganslaw 

Like I said, Id be very very happy if the WFT got Carr...but I dont think that will happen.....

The Eagles GM Howie Roseman said in an interview that Hurts has done enough to earn the Eagles starting job for the 2022 season.....

I think the Colts will stay pat with Wentz JMHO, but you probably have a better feel for your team, but I dont see them making a big move to land Rodgers or Wilson.....and is Jimmy G that much better than Wentz....I dont think so.....

Honored Contributor

Yeah, unless one of the big three QBs (Wilson, Watson, or Rodgers) drops a ton in price and wants to come to Philly, it'll be Hurts at QB. If Kenny Pickett is around for one of the Eagles three first-round picks, he could get grabbed to compete with Hurts. The Eagles like him and he was a fan growing up. The Steelers are said to covet Pickett also. He may not be there at 15, 16, or 19, but if he is, the Eagles could grab him.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I don't expect any huge shake-ups in the Eagles' coaching staff. Aaron Moorehead, the wide receiver coach, could be on his way out. The wide receivers didn't seem to improve much this season and in training camp there were several occasions where Nick Sirianni would take over coaching the wide receivers. (Nick was a former wide receiver coach.) Moorehead was a holdover from the Doug Pederson regime, so he's not necessarily a Sirianni guy. We could see a move made there. Hines Ward would be the name to watch there if a move is made. The Eagles nearly hired him a time or two before. (He's also reportedly one of the guys the Texans are interviewing for a head coach role. If he gets the HC job in Houston he obviously won't be the WR coach in Philly.)

If Jon Gannon gets a head coaching job, he could take some of the defensive staff with him, but we'll have to see. Tracy Rocker the d-line coach could be at some risk as the d-line wasn't as dominant as you'd like, but injuries likely played a role there. 

The Eagles should retain most of the staff from 2021 into 2022. There may be a move or two here or there, but I don't foresee wholesale changes.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Chiefs LB Willie Gay was arrested on a "criminal misdemeanor property damage case" and booked into the county jail. He probably will be released soon, but his status for Sunday is up in the air. 

Really dumb to get in trouble, especially before a playoff game. This is something Andy Reid doesn't need as he prepares for the game. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Chiefs LB Willie Gay was arrested on a "criminal misdemeanor property damage case" and booked into the county jail. He probably will be released soon, but his status for Sunday is up in the air. 

Really dumb to get in trouble, especially before a playoff game. This is something Andy Reid doesn't need as he prepares for the game. 

@teganslaw @gardenman 

I hate to say this but Andy Reid is much like Jerry Jones he signs some players that have questionable character....and this is what usually happens with these guys, they end up getting into trouble....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WOW!!! Even Michael Irvin is calling out some Cowboy players on their performance in that playoff game!

“Every team you look at, the stars of the team showed up and played,” Irvin said. “You can’t win in this game if your stars don’t show up and play. It’s Dak Prescott, 69 passer rating. Ezekiel Elliott, 31 rushing yards. CeeDee Lamb, 21 yards on one reception.”

Irvin said those players need to look at themselves for why the Cowboys’ season is over. “They had the star players playing like role players,” Irvin said. “That’s why they’ve got their butts sitting at home.”

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

Yeah, unless one of the big three QBs (Wilson, Watson, or Rodgers) drops a ton in price and wants to come to Philly, it'll be Hurts at QB. If Kenny Pickett is around for one of the Eagles three first-round picks, he could get grabbed to compete with Hurts. The Eagles like him and he was a fan growing up. The Steelers are said to covet Pickett also. He may not be there at 15, 16, or 19, but if he is, the Eagles could grab him.

@gardenman 

Yep,  Pickett seems to be the most popular QB for the 2022 Draft and he was listed as a favorite of several teams including the WFT......

Mel Kiper predicted that Pickett would be gone by the time the WFT makes it's selection, so he thinks Malik Willis QB, Liberty will be Washington's choice.....several other teams have also mentioned Willis---Steelers, Broncos....some compare him to Jalen Hurts......And dont forget injured QB draft prospect Matt Corral as an option......