Honored Contributor

Week Two of the NFL Playoffs 2022!!!

Just four games this week. We start out Saturday afternoon with the Bengals at the Titans. The Titans had the week off and should be fresh and well-rested. Or will they be rusty and sloppy? We'll have to see. I like the Bengals better in this one though. That Joe Burrow/Ja'Marr Chase combo is hard to beat. Go Bengals!

Next on Saturday, we have the Niners taking on the Packers. The early (Tuesday evening) weather forecast for Saturday has a high of 22 degrees and snow showers. Not ideal weather for a Niners team. I'd prefer to see the Niners win, but I've got to think the Packers will win.

On to the Sunday games! First up is the game between the Rams and the Bucs. Weather shouldn't be much of an issue for either team in Tampa. The early forecast shows a high of 67 degrees. Yeah, not bad. I'm not a fan of either team, but I'd prefer to see Brady and the Bucs knocked out. Can the Rams do it? If Stafford has one of his good games, yes. Will Stafford have a good game? Eh, probably not. I'll take Tampa for the win.

And our final game this week has the Bills going to KC. I'd like to see the Bills get the win here, but boy, it's going to be tough. The KC weather doesn't look horrible (40's on Saturday) so that shouldn't bother either team all that much. I'd love to see the Bills get the win and they can. The Chiefs haven't been "right" much of the year. If I had to name a winner though I'd give the slight edge to the Chiefs due to that home-field advantage. That crowd is raucous.

A relatively stress-free day of football watching with my teams knocked out. It's time to just sit back and relax.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Two of the NFL Playoffs 2022!!!

It was a great weekend of football with a couple of shocking results.

Some of my favorite teams and players contending.

The game of the week has to be  Bills and Chiefs, both QB's amazing, great teams.  Either could be a contender for SB Champs.

The Bills played a perfect game..... Chiefs put on quite a show as usual.

It's almost a SB game in itself.  May the best team win. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman   Last weekend had some really good games, with one exception.   The Birds forgot to show up.

The Cowboys tried one too many tricks on Sunday and it didn't work.  Instead of owning their mistake, tptb decided to blame the officials.  Tony Dungy had the best answer to Dak, Jerry, and the boys.  Also, could Tony Romo have been more biased in calling that game?????

The Bills were on a tear and I hope it continues. 

Hopefully the Rams play Sunday the way they did last night.

Respected Contributor

Long suffering Bills fan here .. Oh how I wish they would win a

Super Bowl..... and jeeez I hope I do not have to watch Brady

play another one ....

The play offs have been great as usual .. and another great

weekend coming up .... get out the popcorn !!!

I said early in the season .. I used to discount the last 2 minutes

of the game .. Kind of like the " what can happen now" attitude ...

Boy .. the last 2 seasons have changed that ... so many games

decided in that time frame ..

Enjoy everyone .....!!

p.S. .. it's going to be tough as K.C. is my ohter faavorte team .....

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma r  You cracked me up with the Romo remark, LOL!   I said the same thing to my DH during the game, here we go with Romo rooting for his cowboys instead of just calling the game.........I am a New England girl, okay I've had my share of wins but I digress.......I would actually like to see the Bills make it too.  It has been a long time for them and while I obviously  am not a NY fan I do like Josh Allen.    I also would like to see the Bucs lose, of course I am still reeling from Brady's departure, bitter you say?!

All in fun, should be some great games this weekend, enjoy everyone Smiley Happy

Thank you @gardenman for all of your informative and interesting posts during the season.

Honored Contributor

The Eagles' logjam on the offensive line looks like it's getting broken up a bit. Brandon Brooks is reportedly retiring according to some sources. He's had two torn Achilles tendons and a torn pec since 2019 and has only played in two of the thirty-some games the Eagles have played in that time. The Eagles have the depth on the o-line to absorb him leaving and it should offer some long-term cap relief. He's a great player when healthy, but the when healthy part has been a problem lately.

Still no word on Jason Kelce and his plans. He has the $30-$40 million poison pill in his contract, so something must be sorted out by June second at the latest. If he's still on the roster then, it's a big cap hit. He seemed pretty happy with things this year, so he might redo the contract and come back again.

The Eagles o-line depth right now has Jordan Mailata, Lane Johnson, Andre Dillard, Casey Tucker, and Le'Raven Clark as pure tackles. For tackles/guards, we've got Brett Toth, Jack Driscoll, and Kayode Awosika. As pure guards, we've got Nate Herbig and Sua Opeta (along with Brandon Brooks if he's back.) As guards/centers, we've got Landon Dickerson, Jack Anderson, and Isaac Seumalo. As pure centers, we've got Jason Kelce, and Luke Juriga. 

Even without Brooks, there are lots of good players ready to step in and play. If Kelce leaves, Dickerson or Seumalo would likely slide into his role. Some mock drafts have us taking Tyler Linderbaum in the first-round. He's the consensus best center in the draft. He's one of those freak athletic guys. He's good at football, shot put, discus, baseball, basketball, and wrestling.

I kind of suspect the Eagles plan on Dickerson taking over if Kelce leaves. He was the starting center at Alabama, so he knows the position. He's not going to get pushed around by any nose guard. (A problem Kelce had on occasion.)

Whatever happens to the rest of the team this offseason the o-line depth looks solid. A team desperate for a left tackle may come looking for Andre Dillard. He played well when he filled in this year and has a good resume. I'm not sure how pricey he'd be for the Eagles to let him go, but we'll have to see. I suspect he'll be available for the right price.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

If the Bills get to the Super Bowl, I hope it's a blowout win for them and not something where they have to try a last-second field goal for the win. That "wide right" voodoo hanging over them would have all of their fans having angina at the same time. If the kicker made the kick, it would erase that trauma, but the pressure on the poor kicker would be insane. It would just be easier on everyone if they didn't have to relive that.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

NFL season just goes by so fast---Week 2 already of the playoffs---Revolution Plus | Zoetis Petcare

TITANS vs BENGALS---- 

Derrick Henry will likely be back but how healthy is he.....I like Burrows/Chase in this match up.....BENGALS for the win and my cat Figgy will be purringly happy! 

49ers vs PACKERS----

Let's see its supposed to be practically a spring day at the tundra at Lambeau--- a "sizzling" 22 degrees with snow showers (love love love those snow games--

😁🌨☃❄).....Gotta go with Aaron Rodgers against a banged up Jimmy G......PACKERS with the "W"!!!!

RAMS vs BUCS---

Who was that team that annihilated the Cardinals????...it looks like the Ram's talent actually rose to the occasion.....BUT they go up against Tom Brady and Gronk.......ya just cant count out those guys......I'll go with the BUCS ......

BILLS vs CHIEFS----

Everyone looks to Mahomes to move the Chiefs on in the playoffs, but recently Josh Allen has taken the team on his back and he's been ON FIRE in both running and passing.....I think THE BILLS are a team of DESTINY and they will WIN!!! 

@gardenman 

No dog in this playoff fight for me either (of course there hasnt been a playoff win for my team since 2005) I can sit back and enjoy the games (we are supposed to get a "wintry mix" for a couple days so good day to cozy up and watch some NFL)--Sadly, my WFT's big moment is not the playoffs this year, but what the NFL rules in the Bruce Allen/Jon Gruden email scandal tommorrow....😫😖

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@grandma r @LindaSal 

Why is it that former Cowboys ALWAYS seem to be the analyst for Cowboy games??? (at least they can TRY to be unbiased!) Its like the networks had already penciled in The Cowboys for the Super Bowl...!!!! COME ON------they play in a WEAK Division (I know WFT fan here) and battled two covid ridden teams and one "clown show"in NJ and ran up the score on lousy competition!!!! .....SMH!!!  And we all saw what the result was....

272073288_3166932436961449_733402334505137322_n.jpg

Tony Romo can go cry with all the other Cowboy fans..... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

Long suffering Bills fan here .. Oh how I wish they would win a

Super Bowl..... and jeeez I hope I do not have to watch Brady

play another one ....

The play offs have been great as usual .. and another great

weekend coming up .... get out the popcorn !!!

I said early in the season .. I used to discount the last 2 minutes

of the game .. Kind of like the " what can happen now" attitude ...

Boy .. the last 2 seasons have changed that ... so many games

decided in that time frame ..

Enjoy everyone .....!!

p.S. .. it's going to be tough as K.C. is my ohter faavorte team .....

@Big Joanie 

GOOD LUCK TO YOUR BILLS....Im cheering for them too....