Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Seventeen of the 2020 NFL Irregular Season!!!

The Colts are in the playoffs! Since they ended as a wildcard, they will go to Buffalo next week. 

Jonathan Taylor!!! He ran for 253 yards! He set a new Colts record and is  only the second Colt to have a 200 yard game. 

He is the third Colts rookie to have at least a 1,000 yard season and have 10 rushing touchdowns in a season.

I hope that Washington wins tonight. Good luck.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now that the Cowboys have been eliminated, for many reasons I will pull for the WFT to beat Philly and be the NFC East champs this year. 

Honored Contributor

The Eagles are playing well. Penalties are killing my WFT. Alex can t move put in Taylor Heinicke...doesnt look like a good start
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

We're really trying to lose this game but the WFT isn't making easy. Hurts was 0-3 with an interception in the first quarter, but the WFT let us hang around. We're starting players who the team website doesn't even have pictures of. Linebacker Rashad Smith is a guy I didn't know was on the team so I checked the official team website to learn more and they don't even have a photo of him. This game shouldn't be this close, but the WFT aren't looking great.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Put in Heinicke....same predictable plays going nowhere 😔
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

We're really trying to lose this game but the WFT isn't making easy. Hurts was 0-3 with an interception in the first quarter, but the WFT let us hang around. We're starting players who the team website doesn't even have pictures of. Linebacker Rashad Smith is a guy I didn't know was on the team so I checked the official team website to learn more and they don't even have a photo of him. This game shouldn't be this close, but the WFT aren't looking great.

You guys really hate the Giants, 🤣

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

this sunday night game has to be the WORST of the season......it is a comedy of errors indeed. what a bad way to end the regular season.

congrats washington fans on moving forward!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

You guys really hate the Giants, 🤣

It's more like we prefer picking sixth over ninth in the draft. Mission accomplished. Granted the Redskins didn't win as much as we gift-wrapped the game for them, but we're now drafting sixth and the Redskins will draft nineteenth. We may need to change the coach after this as players hate a game like this. Getting them to play hard for him may be a challenge going forward. Luring free agents will be awkward also. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

We didn't deserve to win. IF Hurts had been kept in the Eagles would have won for sure.
I can't repeat what my sister said about both of our respective teams.....LOL what's printable is any PeeWee team could beat either of our teams😅😅😅
Honored Contributor

Not a fun game for any Giants' fan to watch. It was pretty brutal, but we knew what the Eagles were planning to do and they did it. Now, the question is, how does tanking so obviously affect the players going forward. Players hate to lose. Forcing them to lose on purpose really irks good players. (And good coaches too I might point out.) We're going to need a few new good players and some new good coaches. Will they want to be on a team that's capable of tanking on purpose? Probably not. The Eagles really treated the game like a preseason game and just threw whoever we had on the bench into the game. I didn't even know some of those guys were on the roster and I live and breathe Eagles football.

That game likely encouraged a few guys who might have come back to retire. Jason Kelce who played the whole season despite multiple injuries is a guy who hates to lose. Having his team lose on purpose will not make him happy. He almost retired after last season, but now he likely will retire. Chances are quite a few players will ask to be released or traded. It's not a good situation in Philly. Firing Doug Pederson might be the only way to flip things, but the new coaching hire would have to be a top-tier guy who players would really want to play for and I don't know who that would be. Maybe Duce Staley? I don't know. An obvious tank like that doesn't go over well with players. We're heading for a very interesting offseason in Philly.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!