Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,808
Registered: ‎08-12-2010

Re: Week Four of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

@Spurt , I had to go back to your post of week 3 to see what you were referring to about the Cowboy's street names.  So funny!  I had not heard about those, but I live in Valley Ranch in Irving, just down the street from the former headquarters of the Cowboys before they moved to The Star in Frisco.  All of the streets in our neighborhood have football-related and Cowboy's players names.  I live on Winners Dr. (not too appropriate now, ha!).  There are also street names such as Touchdown Dr., Cowboys Parkway, Avenue of the Champions, Victory Ct., Staubach Dr., Landry Ct., Renfro Ct., Howley Ct., Dorsett Dr., Andre Dr., Morton Ct., Harris Ct., Waters Dr., Cosbie Dr., Norman Ct., Carano Ct., Lilly Ct.  Lots of the old timers!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,605
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Week Four of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@soonersis wrote:

@Spurt , I had to go back to your post of week 3 to see what you were referring to about the Cowboy's street names.  So funny!  I had not heard about those, but I live in Valley Ranch in Irving, just down the street from the former headquarters of the Cowboys before they moved to The Star in Frisco.  All of the streets in our neighborhood have football-related and Cowboy's players names.  I live on Winners Dr. (not too appropriate now, ha!).  There are also street names such as Touchdown Dr., Cowboys Parkway, Avenue of the Champions, Victory Ct., Staubach Dr., Landry Ct., Renfro Ct., Howley Ct., Dorsett Dr., Andre Dr., Morton Ct., Harris Ct., Waters Dr., Cosbie Dr., Norman Ct., Carano Ct., Lilly Ct.  Lots of the old timers!


@soonersis 

 

Hi, I expected the Metroplex area to honor the Boyz. And if the Cowboys are your team--enjoy Woman Very Happy  I recognize those "old timer" playeers. But as a long time Redskin fan lets just say I wouldnt move into the neighborhood...😄

 

Im SHOCKED about that subdivision here in SA that pays tribute to the Cowboys....although there are quite a few fans here...interest has waned from past years for the Boyz as I see more and more people sporting NFL fan gear for teams other than the Cowboys....

 

Gee our 5 time NBA Champion Spurs need a subdivision....the only street Im aware of honoring them is Spurs Lane near their practice facility....SMH! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,808
Registered: ‎08-12-2010

Re: Week Four of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

@Spurt I moved to this neighborhood over 20 years ago, coming from OK.  It's a good thing I was already a Cowboy's fan, but it was a total coincidence that we should move to to a house down the street from the Cowboy's headquarters.  It was just the area of Irving we needed to find a house in, and at that time there were not a lot of houses available.  All of my Cowboy's-loving friends back in OK thought it was a wonderful thing! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,605
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Week Four of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!


@soonersis wrote:

@Spurt I moved to this neighborhood over 20 years ago, coming from OK.  It's a good thing I was already a Cowboy's fan, but it was a total coincidence that we should move to to a house down the street from the Cowboy's headquarters.  It was just the area of Irving we needed to find a house in, and at that time there were not a lot of houses available.  All of my Cowboy's-loving friends back in OK thought it was a wonderful thing! Woman Happy



@soonersis wrote:

@Spurt I moved to this neighborhood over 20 years ago, coming from OK.  It's a good thing I was already a Cowboy's fan, but it was a total coincidence that we should move to to a house down the street from the Cowboy's headquarters.  It was just the area of Irving we needed to find a house in, and at that time there were not a lot of houses available.  All of my Cowboy's-loving friends back in OK thought it was a wonderful thing! Woman Happy


@soonersis 

 

So I guess it was just perfect timing or perhaps a bit fitting that all the "stars" were aligned just right for you.....😊

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,382
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Week Four of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

The Steelers/Titans game is now off the schedule until later in the year due to two more cases of Covid-19 among the Titans (one player, one staffer.) I'm not sure how they'll reschedule this game. The Titans bye is on Oct 25th and the Steelers is on November first. If they had the same bye it would be easy-peasy, but they don't. Do they try and sneak the game in on a Wednesday between two Sunday games? Do they push the start of the playoffs back a week for makeup games in case this isn't the only game that gets cancelled? The schedule makers are in for a challenge this year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor
Posts: 902
Registered: ‎03-29-2015

Re: Week Four of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

The Steelers/Titans game is now off the schedule until later in the year due to two more cases of Covid-19 among the Titans (one player, one staffer.) I'm not sure how they'll reschedule this game. The Titans bye is on Oct 25th and the Steelers is on November first. If they had the same bye it would be easy-peasy, but they don't. Do they try and sneak the game in on a Wednesday between two Sunday games? Do they push the start of the playoffs back a week for makeup games in case this isn't the only game that gets cancelled? The schedule makers are in for a challenge this year.


IMO, I think the bye weeks will get jiggled around until a satisfactory play date can be determined. However, this may not be the only incidence of Covid causing a delay.  Only the first.   it will also be interesting to see what the various fantasy leagues will do.  I'm in favor or not assigning the points alloted to the players until they actually play. What I mean is, no winners this week until all the players have played. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,605
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Week Four of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

The Steelers/Titans game is now off the schedule until later in the year due to two more cases of Covid-19 among the Titans (one player, one staffer.) I'm not sure how they'll reschedule this game. The Titans bye is on Oct 25th and the Steelers is on November first. If they had the same bye it would be easy-peasy, but they don't. Do they try and sneak the game in on a Wednesday between two Sunday games? Do they push the start of the playoffs back a week for makeup games in case this isn't the only game that gets cancelled? The schedule makers are in for a challenge this year.


@gardenman 

 

I wonder if they would move the game to a Saturday....they talked about Saturday games due to Co-Vid before the NFL season began ......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,605
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Week Four of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

WFT DC Jack Del Rio hit the nail on the head when he said in his press conference that to be a great defense you have to be great at tackling---AMEN TO THAT!!!! I never saw such sloppy attempts at tackling in last week's game.....

 

And OC Scott Turner said that QB Haskins needs to focus on making the RIGHT PLAY instead of a big play!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,382
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Week Four of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

Kudos to the Jets for scoring 28 points last night. Sadly, they gave up 37. The Jets upcoming schedule looks pretty daunting. They've got the Cards, Chargers, Bills, Chiefs, Patriots, Dolphins, Dolphins, Raiders, Seahawks, Rams, Browns, Patriots. Realistically winnable games for them right now would be the Chargers (maybe) and the two against the Dolphins. All three games are also very easy to lose.

 

If someone in your family is a Jets fan, this is the perfect year to promise them Jets playoff tickets for Christmas. The likelihood of you having to come through with the tickets is just about zero. There's not a lot of room for optimism if you're a Jets fan. An 0-16 record isn't unlikely. A 3-13 record may be optimistic.

 

Trevor Lawrence is potentially going to be finding himself bound for NYC. God help him.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,382
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Week Four of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

The Eagles will be interesting to watch on Sunday night. We had only one healthy receiver on the roster in Thursday's practice in Greg Ward. We're apt to pull a couple of guys up from the practice squad so we have more bodies, but it doesn't bode well for the passing game. Expect the Eagles to spend a whole lot more time running the ball this week. Our rookie sixth-round pick WR Quez Watkins is eligible to be activated this week after three weeks on IR, so he could rejoin the roster. Dallas Goedert is out for several weeks with a broken ankle so the tight end position is a bit weaker also.

 

The Eagles passing game on Sunday night may be screens to the backs, short passes to Greg Ward, and the occasional ball to Zach Ertz. Expect the Niners to double or triple up Ertz. The Eagles may try sneaking Quez Watkins deep if they activate him. He has 4.2-4.3 speed and could sneak past the defense, but the o-line will need to hold up for that to happen.

 

The Eagles projected starting eleven offensive players before game one is now down to five starters remaining with Jason Kelce, Lane Johnson, Carson Wentz, Miles Sanders, and Zach Ertz being the sole survivors. Not a great way to start the year. And Johnson and Sanders have missed a game or two with injuries. Ugh!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!