Honored Contributor

Week Four of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

After this week a full quarter of the season will be done! If the rest of the year went as fast as football season it would be scary.

We start off this week with the marquee Thursday night battle that could be a playoff preview of two of the top teams! Ha! Just kidding! It's the Jets and the Broncos. The Jets seem to be playing for that first overall draft pick in 2021. They've cleverly scored the fewest points in the AFC and have given up the second-most points. As recipes for success goes, that's not a good one. The Broncos aren't much better, but they can blame part of their woes on injuries. I guess someone has to win so I'll take the Broncos. I don't think they're trying to lose and I can't say that about the Jets.

The Ravens go to the WFT. It's quite the road trip for the Ravens but I suspect they'll adjust to the travel without a lot of trouble and swat aside the pesky Redskins.

The Steelers go to the Titans in a game that could really be a playoff preview. Both teams are 3-0 and playing well. The Titans do have the teensiest little handicap of Covid-19 hitting three players and five staffers forcing everyone else to work from home this week. How do you practice football from your home? Both teams have scored 80 points through three games, but the Steelers defense has been stronger giving up just 58 to the Titans 74. I'm taking the Steelers in this one.

The Chargers go to Tampa Bay. Tom Brady versus whichever QB the team doctor of the Chargers hasn't tried to kill this week. I'll take Brady and the Bucs.

Seattle goes to Miami. Seattle tends to have issues flying east. Ryan Fitzpatrick is either insanely good or insanely bad.  Russell Wilson is always insanely good. I'll take Seattle, but this could be one of those weird upsets if Fitzpatrick is having one of his good days.

The Vikings (assuming they're allowed to play with Covid) go to Houston. The Texans were so desperate they brought in Earl Thomas for a look this week, then decided they weren't that desperate and sent him on his way. The Vikings are essentially practicing at home this week due to the Covid-19 issues of the Titans who they played last week. With neither team having a win, I'm thinking the Texans are due. I'll take the Texans.

New Orleans goes to Detroit. Well, one of these two teams will be 1-3 after this week. For those who watched the Saints game the other night and heard the announcers raving about Malcolm Jenkins and the Saints defense might be surprised to learn that the Saints have given up the fourth-most points in the NFC so far this year at 94. When you're averaging giving up 31.3 points per game, it's kind of tough on your offense. Detroit however has given up 92 points so far, so they're pretty evenly matched in that regard. I'll take the Saints in this one.

Cleveland goes to Dallas. That Dallas defense has given up 97 points so far this year. The Browns have all kinds of offensive weapons but have only scored 75 points so far. This could be the week where Baker Mayfield explodes. Who knew letting an all-pro corner, a quality safety, your best defensive end, and a good defensive tackle all leave in free agency could make your defense worse? Clearly no one in the Cowboys organization. JJ in an effort to annoy Dak reportedly said that Mahomes or Lamar Jackson would have won the game for them the other day while Dak came up short. Yeah. Not necessarily the best idea for team chemistry there JJ. The Cowboys have scored 88 points while the Browns have given up 88 points. I think the Browns will score a lot on Dallas this week. I'm taking the Browns in this one. That Dallas defense is a mess. OBJ, Landry, and the rest of the Browns should have a field day.

Jacksonville goes to Cincy. This figures to be a close game. It's kind of a coin toss to me. I think the Bengals will have some confidence after getting the tie last week. I'm taking the Bengals.

Indy goes to Chicago. Nick Foles is now the QB of the Bears for better or worse. Nick was hot last week. Will he be hot this week? Probably. He tends to stay hot for four to five weeks then go cold, really, really cold, for four or five weeks. When Nick is hot he's hard to beat. I'll take the Bears in this one, but that Colts defense will really test him.

The Cards go to the Panthers. I think the Panthers rebuild is going well, but they're about a year behind the Cards. I'll take the Cards in this one.

The Giants stumble out to the West Coast to lose to the Rams. The Giants aren't the worst team playing in their stadium, but that's not saying much. Suffice to say the Joe Judge experiment may not last very long. I'll take the Rams in this one and it could get ugly.

The Bills go to the Raiders. The Bills are among the best teams in the NFL right now. The Raiders are getting better. I just don't think they're at the level of the Bills just yet. I'll take the Bills.

The Patriots go to KC. The Chiefs could look at this game as a way to knock the Patriots out of the playoff hunt early. A Patriot loss would drop them to 2-2 and possibly two games behind the Bills. It's kind of hard to see any team beating the Chiefs these days. I'll take KC in this one. In their next five games after the Chiefs, the Patriots play the Broncos, Niners, Bills, Jets, and Ravens. They should crush the Broncos and Jets, but the other three could pretty easily be losses. That could put them at 4-5 after nine games. A KC win really puts pressure on the Patriots to win some of those tougher games.

The Eagles go to San Francisco to take on the Niners on Sunday night. (The night game schedule this week is pretty awful with all three games less than ideal.) The good news is both teams are injury-ravaged, so there's that. The Niners are playing well despite the injuries while the Eagles aren't. Could the Eagles win? Yes. Will the Eagles win? Probably not. As much as it pains me to say this I'm picking the Niners to win, but I'll be cheering for the Eagles and hoping for a miracle.

And our Monday night massacre has the Falcons staggering into Green Bay to get crushed by the Packers. The Falcons are finding interesting ways to lose games this year. They let the Cowboys recover an onsides kick. They give up a gazillion points to Nick Foles to lead the Bears to a comeback victory. It looks like they're in "Let's get Dan Quinn fired" mode again this year. I'll take the Packers in this one.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Four of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

In a press conference, Frank Reich mentioned that he thinks highly of Nick Foles, and the Colts are preparing as if Foles will have a good game. They aren't taking the Bears lightly. 

Xavier Rhodes won AFC Defensive Player of Week because of his two pick sixes against the Jets. Congrats to him!  DeForest Buckner is also playing very well and is proving that he's worth the money and giving up the first round draft pick. Nice signing by the Colts. 

My area doesn't have landmarks named after sports stars. With all the streets with Cowboy names, shouldn't one of them be named after Jerry Jones?

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Steelers/Titans game has been postponed.

Honored Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:

The Steelers/Titans game has been postponed.

yes, as of right now, it is postponed until monday or tuesday.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw  @sunshine45 

Here's my picks!!!  

JETS vs BRONCOS---This kind of matchup makes you wonder---WHY BOTHER!!! The Broncos will start Brett Rypien for the injured Drew Lock (Brett is the nephew of the Redskin's former QB and Super Bowl winner, Mark Rypien).......The J*E*T*S are a mess, maybe Brett's uncle Mark will give him some pointers....going with the BRONCOS!

RAVENS vs WFT ---  The Ravens fresh off of their loss to the Chiefs, will be taking it out on my WFT..😥..Chase Young will miss this week....and the WFT signed Nate Orchard to take the place of Matt Ioannidis out for the season..One wonders if this will be WFT's QB Haskins last chance to keep his starting job....RAVENS for the Win!!! 😭

STEELERS vs TITANS---This game could be up in the air with Co-Void positive tests reported on the Titans..Latest reports says its postponed until Monday or Tuesday.....In any event Im taking THE STEELERS!!! What a difference the return of Big Ben makes....

CHARGERS vs BUCS...Let's see Herbert/Taylor vs Brady....I'll take TOM and the BUCS for the WIN!

SEAHAWKS vs DOLPHINS--- Can the Dolphins, Fitz perform his magic or will his slight of hand be exposed ???  The Seahawks have no D and rely on Wilson....I'm going for the UPSET and taking the DOLPHINS 

VIKINGS vs TEXANS---Capt Kirk has been ineffective in taking control and getting the win (but he's not the Vikes  only problem), the Texans lack offensive firepower thanks to their Coach/GM..... Coin flip, picking the TEXANS since they are at home.....

SAINTS vs LIONS---Interesting game....without Thomas the Saints have struggled...the Lions got a win last week!!!  I just cant picture Brees losing another game....sorry @redwingsgal  Im picking the SAINTS for the WIN!

BROWNS vs COWBOYS----How bout dem Cowboys---and Jerrah is thinking ahead with Dak's contract and trying to lower Dak's price by pointing out performances of other QBs in the league and how they could have won last week's game....Hey Jerrah Dak's not the problem....I think you need to talk to your OC and your RB, Zeke 34 total yards?!?!?!?, and that defense of yours......My heart says pick the BROWNS......but my MIND says the COWBOYS will get the WIN....😣😕😥-- But I'll be watching the game and cheering for the Mayfield and the Browns and hoping I'm wrong on this pick....

JAGUARS vs BENGALS---Minshew looked awful or was it Jay Gruden's offense....I dont think even shaving his mustache will help the Jags.....I like BURROWS and the BENGALS in this one! 

COLTS vs DA BEARS---The QB keys have been turned over to Nick Foles for the Bears....Meanwhile Rivers will take the field for the COLTS....The Colts are the more balanced team....the COLTS will get another WIN!

CARDINALS vs PANTHERS---The Panthers are playing well even without McCaffery, the Cardinals stumbled last week against the Lions, but I think the CARDINALS will bounce back and WIN this game!!!

GIANTS vs RAMS----Oh the names my sis the Giant fan called her QB---tisk tisk....RAMS RAMS RAMS for the WIN!

BILLS vs RAIDERS---The Bills visit the DEATH STAR.....The Bills are playing well and they can put up the points....The Raiders struggled last week, I just lack confidence that their offense can keep up ----the BILLS have too much fire power and will WIN

PATRIOTS vs CHIEFS---- Just when the Chiefs look vunerable they easily put away a good Ravens team and last year's MVP QB......And I don't put much stock in Cam and company being victorious even with Coach Belichick ...CHIEFS for the "W"!

EAGLES vs 49ers---Two teams RAVAGED with injuries....Eagles add Reagor to IR......The 49ers played well despite their injuries while the Eagles hung in there and ended up with a tie with the Bengals.....  I'm going with the 49ers at home! 

FALCONS vs PACKERS---Well the Falcons are finding creative ways to lose games.....going up against Aaron Rodgers at Lambeau Field just says it all----PACKERS!!!  Will Quinn be the first coach fired????

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

In a press conference, Frank Reich mentioned that he thinks highly of Nick Foles, and the Colts are preparing as if Foles will have a good game. They aren't taking the Bears lightly. 

Xavier Rhodes won AFC Defensive Player of Week because of his two pick sixes against the Jets. Congrats to him!  DeForest Buckner is also playing very well and is proving that he's worth the money and giving up the first round draft pick. Nice signing by the Colts. 

My area doesn't have landmarks named after sports stars. With all the streets with Cowboy names, shouldn't one of them be named after Jerry Jones?

@teganslaw 

CONGRATS to Rhodes on being named AFC Defensive Player of the Week!

Yes, that's a good point ..... Gee no "Jerry Jones Lane" in that Dallas Cowboy subdivision.....🤣🤣

GOOD LUCK TO THE COLTS!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

"Will Quinn be the first coach fired?"

I suspect we'll see a big turnover in coaches this year. Adam Gase of the Jets. Joe Judge of the Giants. Dan Quinn of the Falcons. Vic Fangio of the Broncos. Matt Patricia of the Lions. Bill O'Brien of the Texans. Doug Marrone in Jacksonville. Anthony Lynn of the Chargers. Maybe Mike Zimmer of the Vikings. And even Doug Pederson of the Eagles. They could all be in some hot water. Mike McCarthy of the Cowboys could even feel some heat if the Cowboys implode.

There are some good college coaches lurking in the shadows who almost saw their seasons cancelled this year who might be more willing to move to the pro game. It's going to be an interesting season. NFL assistants who could become new head coaches would include Eric Bienemy of the Chiefs, Duce Staley of the Eagles, and more.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Jets over Broncos-Someone has to win

Ravens over WFT-Sorry, @Spurt 

Titans over Steelers-Whenever it happens

Bucs over Chargers-GOAT

Seahawks over Dolphins-Easy win (Nice pick, @Spurt )

Texans over Vikes-I hope so!

LIONS over Saints-Here I go again...

Browns over Boys-Baker is due

Bengals over Jags-I like Joe

Colts over Bears-Again, hoping

Cards over Panthers-This could be a close game

Rams over Giants-Giants are hapless right now

Bills over Raiders-I really like the Bills to go big this season

Chiefs over Pats-Mahomes over Newton

Eagles over 49ers-In a close one

Falcons over Pack-Come on, Matty, I need you!

Good Luck to all teams this week!!

Restore the ROAR!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt 

"Will Quinn be the first coach fired?"

I suspect we'll see a big turnover in coaches this year. Adam Gase of the Jets. Joe Judge of the Giants. Dan Quinn of the Falcons. Vic Fangio of the Broncos. Matt Patricia of the Lions. Bill O'Brien of the Texans. Doug Marrone in Jacksonville. Anthony Lynn of the Chargers. Maybe Mike Zimmer of the Vikings. And even Doug Pederson of the Eagles. They could all be in some hot water. Mike McCarthy of the Cowboys could even feel some heat if the Cowboys implode.

There are some good college coaches lurking in the shadows who almost saw their seasons cancelled this year who might be more willing to move to the pro game. It's going to be an interesting season. NFL assistants who could become new head coaches would include Eric Bienemy of the Chiefs, Duce Staley of the Eagles, and more.

@gardenman 

So many possibilites for first coach fired....so many candidates.....  I wonder if some will be given some grace since there were limited offseason workouts/practices and no preseason games to work out the kinks, but some like Quinn and Gase have been criticized in the past .....And Joe Judge looks like an easy target with Garrett sliding into the role of HC.....Lots of good assistants out there to fill these gaps.... STAY TUNED!

Honored Contributor

• I won our Week 3 family pool but I keep picking Atlanta to no avail. Being I live near Green Bay, I won't be picking the Falcons this week! 
  • Sure hope Covid doesn't continue to appear around the NFL.