Honored Contributor

Re: Week Eight of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

The Giants traded Kadarius Toney to the Chiefs for a third and sixth round pick. I would have expected them to trade Kenny Golladay instead.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yep, the NFL season just like Christmas----comes and goes so fast......SIGH.....😥

Ravens vs Bucs-----This isnt the GOAT's year either personally or professionaly!!!  I wonder if the Buc's owner will put the blame on the coach and fire Todd Bowles at the end of the season.  Meanwhile the Ravens need this game to stay in reach of the Bengals for the Division....Going with THE RAVENS!!!! "NEVERMORE" for QB Tom Brady after this season!.....

Broncos vs Jaguars (in London, an ESPN + exclusive 🙄--not worth subscribing or watching)----The Broncos are hinting despite being banged up and his current poor performances that Russell Wilson may still start at QB---😴ZZZZZZ!!! Mistakes have cost the Jags some of their losses, Im going with the JAGUARS they look like the better team particularly on offense----Russell is DONE!!!

Panthers vs Falcons----Panthers have an apparent lame duck coach, but despite this they managed to embarrass Tom Brady and the Bucs. The Falcons got stomped by the Bengals, a much better team!  Will it be PJ Walker at QB for the Panthers ??? OR Baker Mayfield??? ....In any event I'll take THE PANTHERS and PJ

Da Bears vs Cowboys----The Bears my be hitting their groove as they handed Bill Belichick and the Pats a loss!!!  And in Frisco, TX the cry is DAK IS BACK!  The pitiful Lions werent a real test for Dak, and neither will the Bears be either.  Dallas's D will be too much for them....Another "W" for the Boyz in Jerry's World...

Dolphins vs Lions----With Tua back the Dolphins have definitely got back their spark and are RECHARGED!!!  Sadly, the Lions gave another pitiful performnce last week.  I fear that even Goff's girlfriend wont be enough of a distraction to help these sad sack Lions---DOLPHINS all the way!!!

Cardinals vs Vikings----Capt Kirk and the Vikings are atop the NFC Norse Division----their new coach has proven he was just what this team needed....Meanwhile Cardinal squabbles between Coach and QB on the sidelines doesnt help build confidence....Im taking the VIKES-SKOAL!

Raiders vs Saints----The Raiders had such high expectations this season with the signing of Carr's BFF at WR, and a Belichick protege in the form of Josh McDaniel.  The Saints scored LOTS of points in a loss to the Cardinals, but the defense couldnt stop them.  The Raiders have more talent but an inept Coach---but Ill take David Carr and THE RAIDERS over retread backup QB, Andy Dalton---

Patriots vs JETS JETS JETS---Oh those surprising Jets!!!Who wouldve thought they would be on the Bill's heels in their Division......But will Bill Belichick do to avoid a back to back loss???  Im still going with THE JETS!!!

Steelers vs Eagles---More and more commentators are jumping on the Eagles (imitation is the biggest form of flattery as the Bill's Mafia are the real experts at jumping on tables 😉) Many think the Eagles will be the NFC representative only to be crushed by the Bills in the Super Bowl.....The Eagles are coming off their BYE week well rested and Steelers are coming off a loss to the Dolphins with their rookie QB-----EAGLES with ANOTHER WIN---much to Jerry Jones's chagrin and his Cowboy's 3rd place in the NFC East!

Titans vs Texans----Many people had written off the Titans but they are in first place in the AFC South--The Texans can expect yet another LOSS----TITANS WITH A WIN!

Washington vs Colts----Many expected this game to be the Colts previous QB vs the Colts current QB, but instead we end up with Heinicke vs Ehlinger!!!!  Washington's defense has improved its play, particularly the running game which is the Colt's strength with Jonathan Taylor ..A mobile Heinicke gives the Washington a tiny boost, but Washington has a lot of offensive weapons out with injuries, and there's STILL that suspect O-line.  The Colts have had an up and down season and are going with their backup QB-----Surprisingly, Im going with my WASHINGTON team with the WIN! 

smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif

49ers vs Rams---A bitter NFC West rival game where anything can happen....The Rams just arent the same and the 49ers are putting all the eggs (draft picks) in the basket to get to the Super Bowl this year .....49ers for the "W" since they have more to lose than just another game! 

Giants vs Seahawks---Everyone thought both these teams would be picking high up in the 2023 draft, instead they are both in the thick of the race for the Division !!!! What a difference the new coach has made for the Giants!!!  And the Seahawks have been doing just fine with Geno Smith instead of Russell Wilson.....This should be a great game and is an important game for both teams....Im taking THE SEAHAWKS at home! 

Packers vs Bills---Oh how the mighty have fallen, once thought to be a contender the Packers has turned out to be a pretender....Aaron Rodgers is right, the team needed to surround their QB with more weapons....It looks like Aaron might be filling out NFL retirement papers....The Bills are riding high, and Josh Allen's play has been terrific.  The Packers will be playing in front of a rabid Bill's crowd----BILLS with another WIN!

Bengals vs Browns---This is a battle for the OHIO CROWN!!!!  The Bengals seem to have gotten their act together and the Browns have fallen and cant get up.....and I dont think even their "tarnished" QB can rescue them....shouldve stuck with Baker----BENGALS for the W!!! 

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

Ron Rivera said this about Colt QB ---Sam Ehlinger is a very smart, headsy player. He has a good sense of running RPOs (run-pass-option plays) and running the ball himself.

This is good news for the Colts---WR Jaahan Dotson will miss another game...😥

Wahington injury report, 10/27: DNP Jahan Dotson (hamstring) Cole Holcomb (foot) Jon Allen (NIR-rest) Saahdiq Charles (illness) William Jackson III (back) Cole Turner (concussion) LIMITED Logan Thomas (calf) Dyami Brown (knee) Jonathan Williams (knee)

Tuesday Ron Rivera left practice, DC Jack DelRio was left in charge. Ron traveled to California due to a personal matter concerning his mom. Ron said "It was good to see his mom in positive spirits; said she did not expect him to be there. "We had a nice conversation and they have a really good plan so we're optimistic."  Ron returned Wednesday night.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The Ravens got the win last night which keeps the Bucs at just three wins. Which may still be enough to keep them tied for the lead in the NFC South. If the Falcons lose (they probably will,) the Jags win (somewhat likely,) and the Panthers win (a bit iffier there) there will be a four-way tie for the lead in the NFC South with every team at 3-5.

This is not a great year for the NFC. There aren't a lot of great teams and not even a lot of good teams. If the NFC East teams didn't play each other a lot in the final weeks, you'd likely see the entire NFC East make the playoffs. The four NFC East teams are at least as good as the rest of the NFC right now. As it is, it's likely three of the four NFC East teams will reach the playoffs. The Commanders may struggle to make it, but if they get hot, who knows?

Are a lot of teams looking ahead to the 2023 NFL draft and maneuvering to get a higher pick? Are they just bad? Are they badly coached? Only four of the sixteen NFC teams have a winning record. That's not normal. On the AFC side, you have eight teams with winning records and another one at five hundred. 

This promises to be an interesting offseason. Lots of player and coaching moves seem likely.

And speaking of player moves, the Eagles and Robert Quinn agreed to waive the last two years of his contract. Which is interesting. None of the money was guaranteed. So, there was no incentive for the Eagles to ask him to waive his final two years. They could have just released him at any time after the season and owed him nothing. I'm assuming Quinn asked for that instead of the Eagles and they obliged.

It's a player-friendly move on the Eagles' part. Having him locked in for two more years at $14 million and $13 million isn't necessarily a bad thing for the Eagles. If he racked up big numbers over the coming weeks those numbers could look like a bargain. It's now top-ten money for a DE, but after free agency this year, it's likely to drop to the top-twenty or so range. At those prices, he could look like a bargain if he put up big numbers the rest of the year.

It's good for the Eagles in that he'll now be motivated to play hard to show the league that he's worth a lot in free agency. So, there's that, but it also means he'll likely leave in free agency if the Eagles don't pay him enough. It's an interesting move for both sides. It should motivate Quinn to play hard to show the league he's still got a lot of gas left in the tank, so he can get one more big payday. If he finishes strong, he could be looking at a $15+ million deal in free agency instead of the $14 and $13 million he was in line for. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Former player Tarik Glenn will be inducted into the Colts Ring of Honor this Sunday at halftime. Glenn was tackle/guard and helped protect Peyton Manning's blindside. He played ten years for the Colts. 

Wonder if Brady regrets his decision to stay with football. It can't be much fun for him, anymore. There are calls for a head coaching change if things don't improve. 

Kadarius Toney should do better in KC. The Giants hardly utilized him even when he was healthy. Mahomes likes to spread the ball around, so Toney could be one of his major targets. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Former player Tarik Glenn will be inducted into the Colts Ring of Honor this Sunday at halftime. Glenn was tackle/guard and helped protect Peyton Manning's blindside. He played ten years for the Colts. 

Wonder if Brady regrets his decision to stay with football. It can't be much fun for him, anymore. There are calls for a head coaching change if things don't improve. 

Kadarius Toney should do better in KC. The Giants hardly utilized him even when he was healthy. Mahomes likes to spread the ball around, so Toney could be one of his major targets. 

@teganslaw @gardenman 

CONGRATS to Tarik Glenn!

Well Tommy's divorce is final----I wonder if he regrets coming back to the NFL---maybe he should have just gone into broadcasting! 

November 1 is the trade deadline....one NFL commentator recommended that Washington consider trading RB/WR Gibson, and teams began calling Washington ....Ron Rivera was asked about this trade and Ron Rivera said "we are not looking to move anyone" I like the duo of Robinson and Gibson---without Gibson's fumbles of course, he's seemed to improve! 

Holcomb, Dotson, and Williams are out for the Colts game! LB will be tested......

The o-line hs improved their play--it feels like the group of Larsen, Charles and Lucas has brought some needed stability to the line. Fans were polled and said they feel Larsen is responsible for the improvement, fans said at least with Larsen at center he can snap the darn ball!!!! (in the past the snaps were a real problem too low, to Wentz) Logan Paulsen said that Heinicke’s field awareness and pocket presence was the reason the OL “looked better”. protection. Again.

Speaking of the NFC East----

Zeke Elliott is doubtful with a sprained MCL, but he has been doing better and "coach" Jerry said he may still play.....Micah Parsons and Sam Williams are questionable! 

Honored Contributor

yesssssss.....finally we had a strong second half.

we happily got the win, even with a few strong players going down.

lamar and the team were able to adapt.

does tom brady get a roughing the passer call every darn game? if someone knows that statistic i would love to hear it......which qb gets that call the most?

i can NOW have a relaxing sunday for a change! lol

does tom brady look a bit weary to any of you? it really looks like he has lost some weight.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Tom Brady has a lot going on in his life. A divorce with all that brings with it, a new coaching staff, new players around him, a new job looming in the not-too-distant future with his broadcasting career, and God only knows what and all else.

With the divorce now being finalized, it takes one big thing off his list of distractions. 

Brady works the refs in the game nonstop for roughing calls. He'll start talking to them before the game and he never stops. He'll remind them of past roughing calls by a defender. "Did you see the tape where he hit Mahomes in the head?" And plant the idea in the official's heads that any contact on him is a roughing the passer call. And it works for him. "You've got to watch number seventy-six. He's always around a QB's knees." If seventy-six gets close to Brady, flags come from everywhere. He's done it forever and it works for him. It's a free fifteen yards and a first down. 

I still think the Bucs will win the NFC South, but that's largely due to everyone else there being horrible. A somewhat less distracted Brady in the playoffs could be dangerous. "I came back for this moment, and this is my last chance. Let's go!" The Bucs could be a problem. They won't have an easy road to get far, but I wouldn't rule them out getting far. Brady is still an upper-tier QB and the NFC doesn't have a lot of those guys.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 , I checked statistics about QB roughing the passer calls. Surprisingly, it's not Brady. 

The QB with the most roughing the passer calls in 2022 is Ryan Tannehill with 3. Brady has 2. 

In the years from 2010 to the present , the QB with the calls against him is Matt Ryan with 57, second is Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Brady is #10 with about 35-36. 

Brady was connected to various scandals and questionable actions throughout his career, so that's probably why his name came up first.  He seems distracted in games, and looks like he has lost weight. Just signed divorce papers, so that isn't surprising. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

It's game day! We start out at 9:30 AM ET with the Broncos and Jags facing off in Wembley Stadium in London. Russell Wilson is expected to get the start for the Broncos.

The Eagles take on the Steelers in Philly. The tailgaters arrived by five this morning only to find their preferred parking lot still locked. Much anger has been flowing on Twitter over that. (It's now unlocked.) The Steelers lost their kicker to an injury on Friday and briefly looked like they'd be kicker-less for the game, but they reached out to Kickers-R-Us and found someone to fill in. I don't think Mike Tomlin will be overly anxious to try long field goals in the game though. This will be a pretty good test for the Eagles. The Steelers always tend to be competitive. Robert Quinn gets to make his Eagles debut today. A two-sack game from him wouldn't shock me. 

The later game will be the Giants/Seahawks (according to one source.) Then tonight the Packers and Bills.

We'll get a feel for players likely to be traded before Tuesday by who gets benched for today's game. If a team has a solid offer on the table for a guy, they won't play him today to avoid an injury. Any starter who's suddenly scratched is likely a trade target. Oh, they'll say he's got soreness, or something, but more likely than not they're trying to protect a future trade.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!