Honored Contributor

RIP Tyler Skaggs

[ Edited ]

Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs was found dead in his Southlake, Texas hotel room yesterday. Only 28 years old; cause of death unknown at this time. He had been married only 7 months...He was found just a few hours before the Angels were to play the Rangers. The game was cancelled and will be played in August. No signs of foul play or suicide. My heart breaks for his wife, family, and the Angels organization. His teammates must be shocked and devastated. He was so young...

Esteemed Contributor

I find the story very strange & shocking!! What on earth would cause a seamingly healthy 27 year old young man to suddenly die? My heart goes out to his wife & family.I hope they get some answers soon,

Honored Contributor

i read about this yesterday.

how very sad that someone so young, with a new wife, and great future ahead of him, has passed.

may he rest in peace.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Yeah....it ain’t good.

It was definitely the story here in Dallas.

Whenever there’s a ‘cause unknown’, history has shown

it’s either suicide, heart disease or OD.

All 3 make me mad as h*ll...too many young adults dying. 

Honored Contributor

So very sad RIP Tyler

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ 

I'm putting my money on an unknown heart condition.  My sister's good friend in high school was on a xmas family ski trip.   He went to the restroom and when he didn't come out, his Dad went in and found him dead.   Unknown heart condition.  Dead at 17.   

So sad for Tyler and his family, team mates and friends.  

Make the most of everyday.

Trusted Contributor

This story breaks my heart.  Just goes to show, tell those you love that you love them each and every day as we never know when our time will come.

Rest in Peace, Tyler...you were taken way too young.

Occasional Contributor

Local LA Angels Fan here checking in... Tyler was a well-respected, well-loved player.  I live in Los Angeles with my dad who has been an LA Angels fan since they were the California Angels owned by Gene Autry... I had to let my dad know that the game was postponed on Monday and that Tyler had passed away... Even die hard fans were in shock!!!

He was a young newlywed and had his whole life and future in front of him... I truly felt for his mom and dad who they interviewed last year and were so proud of their son...

As to his passing, I know that before pitching games he liked to drink shots of Espresso, I truly wonder if he had a heart condition. Also, the other night, I think it was his last game or the game he had pitched before, my dad and I both commented that he looked off.... He wasn't really playing at his best, maybe he did not feel well????

Be A Prisoner of Hope, You are closer than you think!!!! - Dr. David Jeremiah
Honored Contributor

Dang.  This isn’t good.

Still don’t know if it was intentional or not...especially since

the parents mentioned an employee of the LA Angels

might be involved.

For the parents to keep this open, there might be another angle

not talked about.  Could get ugly with lawsuits. 

8D29AB13-70DC-4D9D-9337-A92C6D7EBECE.jpeg

12A1F21B-3EBD-44A8-8775-31719C31E32D.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom  To me it sounds like his parents are incapable of accepting that their son, who they obviously  adored, was taking illegal drugs.  They are flailing out, looking to find someone other than their son to blame.