TE J.P. Holtz (per Ben Standig)

OT Timon Parris (per Kareem Copeland)

RB Craig Reynolds (per Kareem Copeland)

S Jeremy Reaves (per John Keim)

WR Jehu Chesson

LB Darrell Williams

DL Khairi Clark 

@gardenman 

Yep, that old trick sign a player from a rival to learn all the "secrets"  Smiley Happy 

When they claimed RB Wendell Smallwood off waivers they released running back Byron Marshall. Smallwood is more of a first- and second-down back who has a reputation for hitting the hole hard. He has 850 yards rushing in three years, averaging 4.0 yards per carry. He has averaged 25.8 yards on 13 career kick returns. He'll be the Redskins fourth running back.

They also have a spot for Trent Williams that Bruce Allen insists will play for the Redskins this year.

The Redskins placed the following players on their Reserve/Injured list:

LB Jordan Brailford

RB Shaun Wilson

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: NFL NEWS AND NOTES SEPTEMBER 2019!

got into an all season long fantasy football league......finally.

i dipped my toes into one last year for the playoffs.

now i may be ready for the big leagues. LOL

i was at a bar that i frequent at the beach this past week and saw one of my friends there also. he was meeting a group of guys for drinks and food so they could set up their fantasy league. some of those men came ready for action with thick books and lots of paper. lol

my brothers fantasy football league meet every year in a different place. this year it is in DENVER and the members come from all over the usa.

anyone else have a league or leagues they are in?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

got into an all season long fantasy football league......finally.

i dipped my toes into one last year for the playoffs.

now i may be ready for the big leagues. LOL

i was at a bar that i frequent at the beach this past week and saw one of my friends there also. he was meeting a group of guys for drinks and food so they could set up their fantasy league. some of those men came ready for action with thick books and lots of paper. lol

my brothers fantasy football league meet every year in a different place. this year it is in DENVER and the members come from all over the usa.

anyone else have a league or leagues they are in?

I play daily fantasy games through Fanduel.; never have tried drafting a season long league I like the fact that I can change rosters weekly according to matchups. There is a variety of tournaments, small leagues, head to head, at different pay levels or free games. Have been playing that for about three years. 

BTW, good luck with your fantasy team!

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw  @sunshine45 

Nope never tried a Fantasy League.....

@teganslaw 

Heard the Colts signed Hoyer....good move! 

@gardenman 

The Redskins signed a second former Eagle,  DT Treyvon Hester.... Now the Redskins can obtain info on the Eagles offense and defense Smiley Wink 

Just when it looked like an agreement was near for Zeke and the Cowboys they hit another wall....ESPN NFL Office Insider Mike Tannebaum said the conflict has to do with guaranteed money in view of Zeke's off field activities and possibility of future suspensions.....STAY TUNED!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt 

The Treyvon Hester signing is a good one for DC. He's a good player. He personally destroyed the Chicago Bears by tipping a field goal attempt. They fired Cody Parkey their kicker (when it wasn't his fault) and lost something like $7 million in the money they'd guaranteed Cody Parkey. They spent the entire offseason auditioning new kickers and obsessing about kickers. They're going into the new season gun shy at any field goal attempts. And it's all because of one finger on Treyvon Hester's hand. Go figure. One guy with so much power to change a whole franchise. There's not a lot he can help the Redskins with from an intel perspective. Defensive tackles basically have one job on the Eagles. Get past the offensive lineman, find the ball, kill whoever has it. They don't really have audibles, coverage responsibilities, or much in the form of intel they can share. They have one job, penetrate and attack. With Ereck Flowers starting at left guard, the Redskins will learn that plan of attack very quickly by observation. 

I'm kind of surprised Hoyer signed elsewhere. I figured he was one of those guys cut with a promise to resign him after they'd cleared a roster spot for him by putting someone else on the DL. Kudos to the Colts for getting him. I wonder how the Patriots feel about that now. Relying on a kid to back up Brady is a bit risky. 

Yeah, any contract for Elliott is going to be complicated since he's one domestic assault claim from being out of football forever. He's got one strike against him now and this is a two strikes and you're out league. Elliott will want a lot of money upfront, just in case. The Cowboys will want a lot of the money at the very back end of the contract, just in case. There isn't a whole lot of wriggle room there. Either you trust him and pay him upfront, or you don't and let him sit. I'm betting the Cowboys pony up the money. They've gone from telling him he has to play on his old contract, to offering him a top five contract, a top two contract, a top of the league contract, and they can't really stop bending now. Well, they can, but I don't think they will. They've made themselves into a world class yogi bending this way and that to accomodate him, so what's one more bend?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

The Redskins definitely were looking for special team help and it looks like Hester will fill the bill ....and also provide depth at DT.....

The Redskins completed their 10-man practice squad by signing OLB Chris Odom who was cut by the Falcons. 

The Redskins previously only had 5 D Linemen  on the roster, and two of them Settle (knee) and Brantley  (Lisfranc)] who have been dealing with injuries during the preseason.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

Treyvon will be a good pickup for the Redskins. The Eagles had a ton of depth at DT and traded away Bruce Hector to the Cards for Ford a safety they liked, then the Cards cut Hector so the Eagles got him back and Ford. A win/win for the Eagles.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News & Notes September 2019

The Jets hired Hines Ward as an Assistant Coach!

Honored Contributor

Hoyer signed a three year $12 million deal with the Colts. A pretty good deal for him.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Hoyer's contract guarantees 9 million. That's good money.. There were some questions about the three year deal instead of one year; some take it to mean that Brissett might not  be long term. He has one year left in his contract; after that, I don't know what will happen. 

I can't picture Hines Ward playing for the Jets. Thought that he would end up coaching or assisting in Pittsburgh. 

Washington has made some good moves. They could end up beign competitive in the NFC East. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain