Trusted Contributor

Re: NFL Wildcard Round of the Playoffs!!!

In yesterday's KC loss to Tennessee, my husband and I thought there were two main  causes.

The first turning point, in our opinion, was Kelce's concussion right before the end of the first half. The realization for the team at halftime that Kelce was not coming back had to be, psychologically, a real nightmare scenario. After the hit they managed to complete that drive for a TD...but that was the last time they scored. It just seemed that the team was totally deflated after the loss of Kelce. 

Then on the Tennessee side, the Mariota to Mariota TD was a real psychological boost to their side.  

So those two very different situations seemed to make the difference in the outcome.

(That hit that Kelce took was so hard to watch....the way he staggered and wobbled when first trying to stand...hope he will be OK.)

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't watch the games, only saw the highlights on the news,  but looks like the Chiefs were the latest victims of bad officiating.  Inexcusable, especially during a playoff game.  

The inconsistency of the officiating is just one of a main topics that need to be addressed with the NFL before even more fans jump on the boycotting wagon.

Guess I should stop typing now.  Smiley Happy

Enjoy today games everyone.  May the best teams win.

I also hope that Kelce will be OK.

Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle wrote:

Have the NFL Network on and the four regulars gave their predictions as to who will go to the Super Bowl and which team will win...

Steve Mariucchi thinks NE will beat Minnesota.

Kurt Warner predicts New Orleans will win over Pittsburgh.

Michael Irvin has Minnesota beating NE.

And Rich Eisen thinks NE will win out over New Orleans.

My hope is the Eagles will beat the AFC team...most likely Pittsburgh or NE!!Woman Wink 

My prediction is Minnesota will beat Pittsburgh! Woman Happy

@yellowBeetle

My Super Bowl pick is also Steelers vs Vikings and with a surprising and totally unexpected home field advantage The  Vikings winning it all!!!

Of course how accurate was I in picking the Titans and Falcons to win their respective games I chose the Chiefs/Rams........Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

Oh man. I said in the 3rd qtr that I was having deja vu, and suspected we were headed for another collapse. Seen it too many times. And so it was. Again.

Hungover in Chiefs Kingdom today and I didn't even drink.

Hope Kelce will be ok. He was wobbly!! And that's his second concussion in short succession. I was nervous that #22 Peters was going to go off the rails at some point, but he stayed in check. Gruden - whom I cannot stand -- was right when he questioned the officiating.

Andy's job status should be examined. Everyone's job status should be examined. What the heck happened between first and second half is astounding. It's as if they went into the locker room and came out as imposters.

@LonestarBabs

I was totally STUNNED and SHOCKED at the outcome of the Titans/Chiefs game!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@yellowBeetle wrote:

Have the NFL Network on and the four regulars gave their predictions as to who will go to the Super Bowl and which team will win...

Steve Mariucchi thinks NE will beat Minnesota.

Kurt Warner predicts New Orleans will win over Pittsburgh.

Michael Irvin has Minnesota beating NE.

And Rich Eisen thinks NE will win out over New Orleans.

My hope is the Eagles will beat the AFC team...most likely Pittsburgh or NE!!Woman Wink 

My prediction is Minnesota will beat Pittsburgh! Woman Happy

@yellowBeetle

My Super Bowl pick is also Steelers vs Vikings and with a surprising and totally unexpected home field advantage The  Vikings winning it all!!!

Of course how accurate was I in picking the Titans and Falcons to win their respective games I chose the Chiefs/Rams........Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

@Spurt

Well that is two of us who think Minnesota will beat Pittsburgh!! Woman Wink Great minds ....Woman LOL

(And I also picked KC and LA....Cat Wink)

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt  Yep, stunned is a good word. Gobsmacked is another. Well, today the Chiefs headrest covers come off my car, the Dooney & Bourke KC Chiefs shopper goes back into the closet, and I wait for next season. As a Chiefs fan always does...

Lots of articles written today about the game and season. I'm not going to read them if I can help it. Kelce's injury may have taken the wind out of their sails but they needed a sturdier ship to weather those type of storms. Rally and go forward, but mentally they weren't tough enough.

Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

@Spurt  Yep, stunned is a good word. Gobsmacked is another. Well, today the Chiefs headrest covers come off my car, the Dooney & Bourke KC Chiefs shopper goes back into the closet, and I wait for next season. As a Chiefs fan always does...

Lots of articles written today about the game and season. I'm not going to read them if I can help it. Kelce's injury may have taken the wind out of their sails but they needed a sturdier ship to weather those type of storms. Rally and go forward, but mentally they weren't tough enough.

I think it's less stressful to miss the playoffs completely than lose a game like that. If you just miss the playoffs, but win your last couple of games, you can go into the off season pretty happy. If you make the playoffs and lose, it guts you.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle  That makes THREE of us, I've been a Vikings fan since the days of Bud Grant and Fran Tarkenton.  I even married a Vikings fan(though he possesses other redeeming qualities)Heart

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@yellowBeetle  That makes THREE of us, I've been a Vikings fan since the days of Bud Grant and Fran Tarkenton.  I even married a Vikings fan(though he possesses other redeeming qualities)Heart

@deepwaterdotter

The "Minnesota beating Pittsburgh list" is growing!!!Woman Wink

You and your husband must be so excited at the prospect of having a "home field advantage" Super Bowl!!! I do think if my Eagles somehow beat the Falcons next Saturday, that they will then face your Vikings. And frankly, your team has been so impressive all year that I think they will be unstoppable!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@deepwaterdotter

Redskin and NFL fan here, at this point I think the Vikings have the most balanced team.....and as for the Steelers if they wind up in an AFC tussle with the Pats again....and win it to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl...I think that game will be their end all....and will be a very emotional win for them, and it might difficult for the Steelers to collect their thoughts and focus on a game against the Vikings.......