Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News for May 2019 !!

Yes, it is so sad about Bart Starr...

Rest in piece, Bart!

Related image

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Sorry to hear about Bart Starr passing. 

McNabb is just an idiot. He's not a Hall of Famer. I think he's the third best Eagle QB in recent memory behind Cunningham and Jaworski. I think Wentz will pass the rest if he stays healthy.

The Cowboys are developing a very incestuous offensive coaching staff. Pretty much all of their top guys are their former QB's. You don't see that on most teams. Garrett's the head coach, Kellen Moore's the OC, and Jon Kitna's the QB coach. They don't seem willing to embrace differing philosophies.

@gardenman 

Boy, those Cowboys must think Dak needs a lot of work to bring all those quarterback minds together and then to forget the coaching needs for the rest of the offense...😏😆  As a fan of an NFC East rival, don't ya love GM Jerry Jones...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

SPURT, Nice photo of Luck and Tom Hanks. I liked many of Hanks' movies. 

Jerry Jones keeps the rest of the NFC East (and other divisions) entertained. If Dak Prescott doesn't do well this coming season , it's not for lack of QB training. 

There is a chance that Chad Kelly will be suspended a few games because of his past arrest.. He was released by the Broncos before the NFL had a chance to get involved, so they might respond this season. I don't know how many games he would miss. The Colts must have knoiwn all this when they signed him. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

June and July seem to be suspension months in the NFL. It seems like that's when you hear of the various suspensions coming down. Hopefully things stay quiet on the Eagles front in terms of injuries and suspensions. I always get nervous about the PED suspensions when you have as many guys coming off of injuries as the Eagles had this year. Rehab is a slow process and some players like to try and cheat to speed up the process by taking stuff they shouldn't. I'm just hoping no one did this year. If we get through July with no suspensions things should be okay.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I had to laugh on our Sports Extra Show last night.....

The panel was talking about how Dak said the new offense under new OC Moore was so explosive....then Dak contradicted himself by saying it's basically the same only with Randall Cobb instead of Beasley....And David Chancellor said if it's the same then how can it be more explosive when last year it wasn't very explosive in the first place....Things that make you go hmmmm....

Then they talked about Zeke---Cowboy homer Don Harris who lamented how disappointed he was about that incident with Zeke.  He thought he had matured, but looks like he hasn't (I TOLD YOU SO!)....The panel agreed that the incident would not impact his new contract....Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

That Cowboy offense is too focused on Elliott. If you can slow him down and force Dak to win games, you generally beat the Cowboys. Dak's not a game-changing QB who you want to have the game in his hands. The Cowboys drafted two running backs so they may be worried about Elliott either breaking down, or getting suspended. Dak will need to show some growth this year. Witten coming back may help, but he's not really a game-breaker these days. Defenses will likely focus on Elliott and Cooper and take their chances elsewhere. The Cowboys will need Dak and some other guys to pick up the slack. I'm not sure they understood how good Beasley was for them.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

That Cowboy offense is too focused on Elliott. If you can slow him down and force Dak to win games, you generally beat the Cowboys. Dak's not a game-changing QB who you want to have the game in his hands. The Cowboys drafted two running backs so they may be worried about Elliott either breaking down, or getting suspended. Dak will need to show some growth this year. Witten coming back may help, but he's not really a game-breaker these days. Defenses will likely focus on Elliott and Cooper and take their chances elsewhere. The Cowboys will need Dak and some other guys to pick up the slack. I'm not sure they understood how good Beasley was for them.

@gardenman 

ITA...and they underappreciated and underutilized Beasley and I think they are gonna miss him...They're yakking up Cobb but we'll wait and see....

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

I think the Cowboys will miss Cole Beasley a whole lot more than they think they will. The dude was nearly impossible to cover. Randall Cobb isn't a bad receiver, but he's an unknown in the Cowboys' offense, while Beasley was a known factor. They obviously see something we don't. We'll have to see how it plays out for them.

The Cowboys should get off to a 3-0 start, since they start with the Giants (in Dallas,) Redskins and Dolphins (in Dallas.) Then they hit New Orleans. That'll be their first real tester of a game. Then they've got the Packers, Jets and Eagles. What will the Packers be in 2019? Good? Bad? Who knows? The Jets? Once again, who knows? The Eagles will be their next big test. The Cowboys could be/should be around 4-2 or 5-1 for the Eagles game.After that they've got the Giants (again), Vikings and Lions. Another two to three winnable games.

Then come the Patriots, Bills, Bears, Rams, Eagles, and Redskins. Not as good a stretch of games for them. Maybe 2-4 or 3-3 in that stretch of six games? If things go poorly, 1-5 isn't out of the question. We don't really know if the Bills will be all that impressive. They've assembled a lot of talent, but Josh Allen really needs to be the real deal for them.

Worst case scenario for the Cowboys is losing to the Giants at home in the opener, going on the road and losing to the Redskins (not impossible, but unlikely.) Being 0-2 in the division would have Jason Garrett on a very hot seat. Fortunately, the Dolphins would be up next and barring a miracle the Cowboys should beat them. It'll be fun to see how it all plays out.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

Louis Riddick, made his MVP prediction.....and his winner is...

cat-oscar-1-2-15.jpg

Philadelphia QB, Carson Wentz....

@teganslaw 

Other analysts predicted Patrick Mahomes,....and Dan Orlovsky picked Luck, who he called Andy.....Golic and Wingo queried....who calls Andrew....."Andy"...Other picks---Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Russell Wilson...somone picked Matt Ryan--sorry don't see him as a viable candidate...

Honored Contributor

100 days to the NFL Season....Woman Very Happy

And speaking of the Cowboys........for breakout players...GMF picked..."WR Gallup makes this list partly because I don't trust Dak Prescott's other receiving options behind Cooper. It's Gallup or bust."  So I guess they don't think Cobb is all that.....😆😆😆

Redskins-- they picked RB Guice, if he stays healthy I think he will be good...

Colts--- they picked DE Kemoko Turay he played well until injury slowed his progress...but season, he had 38 pressures and may be the best pure edge rushing talent on the team.....

Eagles---DE Derek Barnett, with Long's retirement and trade of Michael Bennett, they need for him to shine, the Eagles' D Line isn't that deep...