Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for September!!!

@gardenman wrote:

TIm Tebow looked pretty good tonight while Matt Barkley underthrew a wide open receiver for an interception. Tebow's looking better tonight. He threw one interception but it was on a fourth and eight when he had to try and squeeze the ball in, so you don't mind that too bad.

@gardenman  I hope Chip keeps him on the roster and gives him a chance---

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

On a somewhat humorous note, though I'm not sure Dianna Russini thinks it's all that funny, Scot McCloughan (the GM of the Redskins) learned his wife Jessica tweeted out that Dianna Rossini, the ESPN reporter, exchanged oral sex for scoops. Lots of apologies have come out since then and Jessica's Twitter account has been deleted, but the damage was done. ESPN is not happy about it. We could see a defamation suit come out of this. It has taken the Redskins quarterback chaos out of the spotlight though. 

@gardenman   "team drama" aka The Redskins strike again....  Jessica's story about Ms. Russini appears to be absolutely false and defamation suits could definitely be on the way, but who knows-- sometimes truth is stranger than fiction on what goes on behind closed doors of any company....I remember a "behind the scenes" book came out about ESPN and some of their employees (and I DO mean interesting)---some unflattering information came out about  Mike Tirico of MNF fame for one.....I lost respect for him after that...And ESPN suspended Tirico!  ..Ya never know .....

From Wikipedia---

"Tirico's period at ESPN has not been without controversy. Two books about the network, ESPN: The Uncensored History (2000) by former New York Times sportswriter Michael Freeman and 2011's These Guys Have All the Fun (by Washington Post writers James Andrew Miller and Tom Shales), recount allegations of sexual harassment. Tirico, for example, was suspended by the network for three months in 1992 for multiple incidents involving attempted groping, sexual solicitation, and stalking of female co-workers."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Tirico

Oh and as far as ESPN---people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones either--- it appears they "fight from within", Michelle Beadle almost lost her job, and she did lose endorsements because what a rival employee said about her regarding an ESPY After Party --- a person had started a FALSE rumor about Michelle being drunk and on drugs at the party and they also said Michelle had some something rather inappropriate and vulgar to Aaron Rodgers too.  The story got all the way to ESPN's top brass and Michelle got hauled into her boss's office at the request of ESPN's Executive VIP, John Walsh--and almost got fired---Michelle had to defend herself , and so she went to Deadspin to set the record straight.  Michelle said she lost many endorsements too, because if a prospect googled her name the inaccurate story came up.......I'm not excusing what McC's wife did, but it seems EVERYONE has fallen into the NATIONAL ENQUIRER type of stuff and social media has made it even worse because people are so quick to believe any rumor or gossip that's put out there without truely checking it out to be sure it's TRUE--instead they are looking to have their "15 minutes of fame" to be the first to tweet it or post something "sensational" or to get revenge on someone---It seem some so called "adults" in the sports media & sports world need to GROW UP!!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman  Yep, after all Jerrah didn't get Johnny Football when his son prevailed and picked an OL instead---so for Jerrah, RGIII would be a consolation---and it would be fun for him to stick Snyder (who they say are friends during the OFFSEASON).....something to jab him about while they are on vacation together (TRUE STORY--they had a photo of them on a cruise ship together one year showing how they  vacationed together with their families and an article of all things The WSJ with a Snyder interview which touched on the strange friendship)...Cat Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

The Colts got LB Sio Moore from the Raiders in exchange for a 6th round draft pick. I didn't know much about Moore, but after reading notes and blogs on him, it seems to be a good trade. He was a beast, and should do well with the Colts organization. Makes me wonder why the Raiders would let someone like him go. But then....it's the Raiders. LOL.

Why would Washington keep RG111? The article said that it was a decision by Gruden and Snyder. Maybe I'm mistaken, but it seems that Snyder would overrule everyone else. Isn't he the one who likes RG111 so much? Colt McCoy might be 3rd stringer, then.

It sounds like Tebow is staying with the Eagles. Chip Kelly keeps saying that Tebow is improving, so I doubt that the Eagles will release him. However, nothing Kelly does at this point  would surprise me.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

The Colts got LB Sio Moore from the Raiders in exchange for a 6th round draft pick. I didn't know much about Moore, but after reading notes and blogs on him, it seems to be a good trade. He was a beast, and should do well with the Colts organization. Makes me wonder why the Raiders would let someone like him go. But then....it's the Raiders. LOL.

Why would Washington keep RG111? The article said that it was a decision by Gruden and Snyder. Maybe I'm mistaken, but it seems that Snyder would overrule everyone else. Isn't he the one who likes RG111 so much? Colt McCoy might be 3rd stringer, then.

It sounds like Tebow is staying with the Eagles. Chip Kelly keeps saying that Tebow is improving, so I doubt that the Eagles will release him. However, nothing Kelly does at this point  would surprise me.

@teganslaw The decisions the Redskins make just boggles the mind!!!! Cat FrustratedCat Frustrated  They just better keep McCoy on hand.....

Contributor

The complaints I've heard about Tebow are that, while he does make some accurate passes, he throws too many bad passes. The second is that he can't read defenses. You see other quarterbacks get lined up and all of a sudden, they change the play after they see how the defense lines up. This is what some of the people on the sports channels (ESPN channels and NFL Network) keep saying.

I get sick of people on these channels talking over and over and over about the same players. In the last ten years or so, I've heard them talk mostly about Peyton, then Brady, Tebow, Russell Wilson, etc. I think people dislike Tebow, not because he's a Christian, but because he's all they heard about on ESPN for years.

Honored Contributor

@Wolfpack Fan wrote:

The complaints I've heard about Tebow are that, while he does make some accurate passes, he throws too many bad passes. The second is that he can't read defenses. You see other quarterbacks get lined up and all of a sudden, they change the play after they see how the defense lines up. This is what some of the people on the sports channels (ESPN channels and NFL Network) keep saying.

I get sick of people on these channels talking over and over and over about the same players. In the last ten years or so, I've heard them talk mostly about Peyton, then Brady, Tebow, Russell Wilson, etc. I think people dislike Tebow, not because he's a Christian, but because he's all they heard about on ESPN for years.

@Wolfpack Fan   I agree these networks are RIDICULOUS---it's the SAME players and SAME teams over and over again and they seem to blow everything out of proportion too and the fans get sick and tired of it all---which creates "the Tebow rebllion"!!!!   Whatever happened to GOOD sports journalism---  And it's funny how ESPN takes a few topics/stories  and on each and every one of the shows in their entire lineup has to give their take and repeat THE SAME THINGS---OVER AND OVER AND OVER---ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!  Any wonder why ESPN is considered to have lost some of it's luster---and Fox and NBC Sports are just as bad and can't fill the gap either---so it appears it's just gonna be more of the status quo---and sport's fans can't get REAL information on their favorite players or team, unless they happen to be one of the sport's networks favorite Best example--my NBA Spurs---according to the networks "a boring team", because they play as a TEAM---share the ball--don't have a ball hog in their lineup--focused on WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS--nice guys too---but let's not do a story on those guys---nope, let's instead BORE the NBA fan but talking nothing but LeBROn, LeBron, LeBron, Kobe (when was the last time his team has been relevant), or Carmelo Anthony even though he's on a CRUDY team!!!!   Thanks for letting me vent!

Contributor

Eagles Release Tim Tebow!

I think he would make a team if he would agree to play some other position.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wolfpack Fan wrote:

Eagles Release Tim Tebow!

I think he would make a team if he would agree to play some other position.

@Wolfpack Fan  I wish him well in his broadcasting career at ESPN.  And yet a totally  incompetent QB wearing the burgundy & gold remains on a roster....Cat Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I was wrong about Tim Tebow. I was listening to the analysts predictions about what the Eagles had in mind for him. The general idea was that Tebow was staying because Barkley went to Arizona. Turns out no one knows what Chip Kelly will do next. Gardenman, do you think that Kelly purposely tries to mislead the media? I don't mean that in a bad way, but Kelly did say that Tebow had improved and he seemed to give the impression that he wanted Tebow on the roster. Kelly doesn't seem to care about the media, so it would be like him to say something that gives a different idea just to make things interesting. Or it could be that the media was second guessing Kelly, which is impossible to do.

Art Jones was placed in IR list and will miss the entire season. That's a big loss for the Colts. Jones was one of the better players. Hopefully, other can step up to take his place.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain